Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BNA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:46 pm

Just got back from a Smoky mountain trip, took a Yukon XL from the executive aisle as we were a party of 7. There were Mini Vans, Buick Enclave and couple other SUV's along with a bunch of Impalas..
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:07 pm

Pick up Sunday 2-Dec around 11am. EA and ES were fully stocked with your usual pickings -- lotsa Malibus and Impalas, some pickups and one small SUV.

I actually made my way to the midsize area and took a fully loaded Ford Escape ... it has all the bells and whistles (surprisingly) including the vista roof, leather seats, heated seats ... OK-plates
Old Dec 25, 2012, 8:25 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Picked up midday 12/23 and the Emerald Aisle had:

Impala LTZ (2 - I snagged one with 5K miles and nicely trimmed)
Nissan Maxima (1 - would have taken this, but we had a lot of luggage)
Nissan Rogue (2)
Dodge Avengers (numerous)
Chrysler 200 (several)
Nissan Altima S (several)

And, for the record, yes, you can fit 6 rollaboards AND a stroller into the trunk of an Impala.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:39 pm

Picked up a car around midnight on 1/4, and the ES and EA were loaded with small SUVs (Captivas and Escapes), Camrys (Camries?), and some crappy Mopar offerings (200s, 300s, and Avengers). I drove off in a fully loaded 2013 Escape SEL, which is now at DCA.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
EA/ES yesterday morning (2/14/13), just looking over as I dropped my rental off.

-Lots of Chevy Silverados
-2 or 3 Suburbans or other big SUV's
-4 or 5 300's (1 300C)
-Several 200's
-A few Ford Tauruses
-1 Mustang
-Plenty of vans

Premium section was loaded with Cadillacs. Probably a half dozen or so.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Monday morning. No cars other than pickups. People were waiting for cars to pull up.

Went back during the evening to do an exchange. A couple of Maximas. I took a Genesis.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Cars at BNA

Various vehicles in EA/EE. EE had CX9, Arcadia.
Old May 21, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
nothing left

I live in Nashville and changed my reservation for better cars to be told that the airport doesn't limit reservations but tried to get them out as fast as possible. Waited 30 minutes for a car. Good luck if you needed a SUV, a woman had been waiting over an hour for a reserved full size suv.
Old May 21, 2013, 1:52 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
What I have rented from BNA since Jan 1.

Lincoln MKX, Maxima, 300, Lacrosse, Journey SXT, G37X
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:15 am

0 cars but plenty of time to wait

I have been renting at BNA for the last 5 weeks. 3 of the 5 weeks I had to wait for a vehicle (none were available at all) This week I waited nearly an hour. The waiting list was 30 people long. They were also giving EE and EC members Corollas, Elantras, and Versas. I got a '12 Taurus with 30k Miles as an EE...This place is easily the worst run National I've experienced in 8 years of renting every week.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by vbatrain
I have been renting at BNA for the last 5 weeks. 3 of the 5 weeks I had to wait for a vehicle (none were available at all) This week I waited nearly an hour. The waiting list was 30 people long. They were also giving EE and EC members Corollas, Elantras, and Versas. I got a '12 Taurus with 30k Miles as an EE...This place is easily the worst run National I've experienced in 8 years of renting every week.
When we got there yesterday about 7 PM, there were about 10 cars in the EA/ES - a couple of sedans (Avengers), a number of intermediate SUVs (mostly Kia Sorrentos), and a bunch of big SUVs/crossovers. I wanted to try something new as I only had about 15 miles of driving, but I ended up getting a Traverse.

When we got back at noon today, the lot was nearly barren. There were maybe 5 vehicles - a couple of what looked to be midsize sedans, a couple of pickup trucks, and a van.

Even before the location switch, the rental cars at BNA would often sell out. It appears that they have a combination of low vehicle inventory and an inefficient process for freshening up the cars and sending them back to the lot.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
When we got there yesterday about 7 PM, there were about 10 cars in the EA/ES - a couple of sedans (Avengers), a number of intermediate SUVs (mostly Kia Sorrentos), and a bunch of big SUVs/crossovers. I wanted to try something new as I only had about 15 miles of driving, but I ended up getting a Traverse.

When we got back at noon today, the lot was nearly barren. There were maybe 5 vehicles - a couple of what looked to be midsize sedans, a couple of pickup trucks, and a van.

Even before the location switch, the rental cars at BNA would often sell out. It appears that they have a combination of low vehicle inventory and an inefficient process for freshening up the cars and sending them back to the lot.
I can speak to this as I helped with the design of the Rental Car facility and new roadways accessing the airport. There is a single washing station that all rental companies use on the north side of the rental building. It's somewhat cumbersome to get to and return from. The option of having an offsite rental car facility, such as ATL was never a consideration (mandatory on site). Because of this coupled with the necessity to maintain max long-term parking, some compromises had to be made concerning facility placement.

However, this doesn't justify National not having enough cars to fulfill reservations.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Thanks for the insight. The lack of an offsite facility does appear to limit the amount of inventory they can store overnight at the airport. I'd ballpark their lot capacity at about 150 cars, which is about what it was at the old location under the Southwest check-in area. During a convention (I noticed that there was a Shaklee convention) it's imperative to reserve well in advance if you don't have a guarantee tied to program membership.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: No preference
There are feasibility plans being conducted right now on future parking expansions at the airport. This may impact the rental capacity by moving some of the short-term parking across from the arrival doors to a location elsewhere. Nothing concrete though.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Silver
Hello-

I am renting from National at BNA and have a "Midsize" car. Which cars would be the most typical for the midsize class from the Nashville Airport location?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.