Wiki Posts
Search

Type of Service?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2000, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton, Hertz
Type of Service?

I'm booking my parents on National Airlines from Midway to Las Vegas. Currently and more than likely it will be in coach. (both are meal flights)

I'm wondering how the service and seating are? My parents aren't too picky, coach will be fine but I was wondering what someone's take on them was. My questions are: Is National's coach a little better than others coach? A little more room? Any In-Flight movies? Are the meals okay?

------------------
Thanks!

Sean
Old Aug 31, 2000, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Nobody has traveled on National with any reports? Please...pretty please...with sugar. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Aug 31, 2000, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
I found National FC just barely better then coach. It IS the best of the nonstops to LAS...but after one RT on National, I booked my next one in Delta coach. NO movie, unconscionable on a 5+ hour flite in a 757. Dinner was entree and dessert...not even a salad...and that was FIRST. At JFK, no elevator working, so had to schlep luggage upstairs....all in all....don't expect much and it will meet your expectations!
Old Aug 31, 2000, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Steve! No movie and my mom will be ticked. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

Can't have an upset mother in Vegas, I'll hear about it the whole trip. I'll try another airline!
Old Sep 10, 2000, 2:58 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Flew National twice from DFW - LAS and have to say I wasn't impressed at all. The first time went in First and only received one drink and one glass of wine. No refills were offered. Flight back was 2 hrs. late and the meal service stunk. They talk about their gourmet meals and china but I think the guy writing that had been drinking all the wine for himself. Went to check-in in LAS at the First counter and the guy was yelling at me saying their FC check-in desk was for full fare pax. only. Not the $100 UG
passengers. A supervisor came over and did check me in. The second trip to LAS was in coach. Flight out was ok. B'Fast was fair. On the trip back we got a meal, sorry at best, but no drinks. The flight was 3 hrs. delayed and was over 100 degrees on the plane. The meal trays hadn't even been picked up on final approach and we were instructed to just put our trays on the floor for landing.

Needless to say, I'm not a big fan. Hope your mom had a better experience. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Sep 10, 2000, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info and because of it, I've booked her on another direct flight (both meals) on America West. The fares were good, so I'm sure it will be worth it. Or so I hope.

It's about a 4 hour flight from ORD to LAS I believe. If she can watch a movie and eat a meal, good ole mom should be happy.
Old Sep 17, 2000, 8:03 pm

I recently flew FC on National LAS-LAX. It was good as far as short hops go. We were offered pre flight drinks. As soon as we reached cruising altitude a snack was available which consisted of an olive spread with 4 pieces of french bread. Before the meal was served the FA came through the cabin and placed a tablecloth on the trays. Then the FA gave us silverware wrapped in a linen napkin. The snack was brought out on one plate which had the National Airlines logo on it. Drink refills were constant and overall good service.

Just my two cents worth http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by USAirwaysBoy1971 (edited 09-17-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.