Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:10 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Here it is:

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~hartberg/ft/SabretoolSetup.exe
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by brucemcal
Sorry to appear totally dense, but I have gone throught five pages of reference to Galileo. I find numerous references to use of the tool, but can't find any link to download the tool. Can someone restate the link.
Bruce
Check page 1 of this thread.
jerry

Edited to add: Oops, I guess I should have read the last page of the thread before replying. Empress already posted a link.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Apr 26, 2004 at 10:58 pm
Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there anyway through which I can force the tool to display a specific (public) class when that class is not in the default 10 displayed?
Entering a letter in the Class box seems to have no effect on this.
For instance, I cannot get the tool to display T class availability on LHR-AMS on KL. It stops at L class, which is just above T class in KL's class order. Entering T in the class box has no effect.
Did I miss something or is this a limitation of the otherwise excellent availability tool?
Old Apr 28, 2004, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I'm able to get it to show AA's award fare classes by typing it in. I'm using the older version, 1.6, with 'special classes' enabled. It works just fine for me.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:30 pm

Thanks

Originally Posted by Empress

Thanks!

Bruce
Old Apr 29, 2004, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by NickB
Is there anyway through which I can force the tool to display a specific (public) class when that class is not in the default 10 displayed?
Entering a letter in the Class box seems to have no effect on this.
For instance, I cannot get the tool to display T class availability on LHR-AMS on KL. It stops at L class, which is just above T class in KL's class order. Entering T in the class box has no effect.
Did I miss something or is this a limitation of the otherwise excellent availability tool?
Yes it was a limitation, try once again and see the new output...

LHR AMS NOV/05 0700 KL T ->

[1] LHR AMS 05/0630 05/0905 KL1000 T0 [738]
[JOURNEY TIME 95 MIN.]
-------------------- SEPERATOR ------------------------------------------------------------
[2] LHR RTM 05/0750 05/1005 KL1332 T7 [F50]
[JOURNEY TIME 75 MIN.]
-------------------- SEPERATOR ------------------------------------------------------------
[3] LHR AMS 05/0845 05/1110 KL1002 T7 [739]
[JOURNEY TIME 85 MIN.]
[4] LHR AMS 05/1000 05/1225 KL1008 T7 [767]
[JOURNEY TIME 85 MIN.]
[5] LHR AMS 05/1150 05/1410 KL1010 T7 [738]
[JOURNEY TIME 80 MIN.]
[6] ........

Or leave class field blank...

LHR AMS NOV/05 0700 KL ->

[1] LHR AMS 05/0630 05/0905 KL1000 J7 C7 Z7 S7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 K7 L7 T0 V0 [738]
[JOURNEY TIME 95 MIN.]
[2] LHR RTM 05/0750 05/1005 KL1332 Y7 S7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 K7 L7 T7 V7 [F50]
[JOURNEY TIME 75 MIN.]
[3] LHR AMS 05/0845 05/1110 KL1002 J7 C7 Z7 S7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 K7 L7 T7 V7 [739]
[JOURNEY TIME 85 MIN.]
[4] LHR AMS 05/1000 05/1225 KL1008 J7 C7 Z7 S7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 K7 L7 T7 V7 [767]
[JOURNEY TIME 85 MIN.]
[5] LHR AMS 05/1150 05/1410 KL1010 J7 C7 Z7 S7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 K7 L7 T7 V7 [738]
[JOURNEY TIME 80 MIN.]
[6]........

Last edited by mm67; Apr 29, 2004 at 2:19 am
Old Apr 29, 2004, 4:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thumbs up Thanks again!

Thank you Mathias for adding the new output detail!
Old Apr 29, 2004, 5:03 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB
For instance, I cannot get the tool to display T class availability on LHR-AMS on KL. It stops at L class, which is just above T class in KL's class order.
It appears that the T class, for some reason, doesn't seem to show-up on the BD codeshares that LH uses for non-stop flights. That class only seems to be showing on the flights going through FRA -- here is a screenshot from my availability tool (that goes through Galileo):
http://jove.prohosting.com/www001/KVS_Tool_1.htm

Last edited by KVS; May 1, 2004 at 7:22 am Reason: URL Fix
Old May 1, 2004, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Mathias. Works a treat.

As to the LH T class on BD op. flights, those T class fares using LH code have, AFAIK, been discontinued (you can only book them under BD code now). This might be why T does not show.
Old May 5, 2004, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Not a huge fan of new output data!

What a great tool!!! Thanks so much for investing the time to put this together. It really is helpful.

I will admit, however, that I'm not a big fan of the new output. A couple salient points:

1) Before, it would list nearly all the flight connections between two city pairs, now it doesn't do as well. For example, there are three or four TYS-xxx-DEN flights every day. Before, I would just put in TYS, DEN and the airline (CO) and it would pop back with a list of all those flights. Now, I have to adjust the time and click search to see the morning flight, adjust the time and click search to see the noon flight, adjust the time and click search to see the evening flight. No easy comparison!! Why can't it just display all the flights of the day as it did before?

2) Messy flight display! The "SEPARATOR" and "JOURNEY TIME" additions take up screen space and make it hard to compare flights. I liked it before where they were just listed there in raw form. Is there any way for me to change the format of the output to get rid of this irrelvant data?

3) More "stuff" means less "data". It seems like the "SEPARATOR" and "JOURNEY TIME" outputs also remove important data! I'd like more screen real-estate so I can see what availability is on connecting flights. For example, if I'm searching DEN-BOS on UA, I'd like to see options for the non-stops as well as flights through ORD.

Please, please, please don't take this as "picky". I'm definitely not complaining! This is a great product, and the time you've put into this is REALLY HIGHLY valued!!! Thank you!

But I do want to do my part and provide you with helpful feedback so it is as useful a tool as possible.
Old May 5, 2004, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Download?

Originally Posted by KVS
It appears that the T class, for some reason, doesn't seem to show-up on the BD codeshares that LH uses for non-stop flights. That class only seems to be showing on the flights going through FRA -- here is a screenshot from my availability tool (that goes through Galileo):
http://jove.prohosting.com/www001/KVS_Tool_1.htm
How do we download this tool?
Old May 5, 2004, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Availability Tool Problem

I keep getting the following message, during up time, regardless of the airline and city pairs that I input: ERRCODE 43 NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE. Anyone else having this problem? I'm using version 1.62
Old May 5, 2004, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I was successfully able to use the tool last night. Are you having the problems today?
Old May 5, 2004, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Yes, this afternoon. And only when I input "1" in the inventory box to view all inventory categories. If I input a specific inventory letter, it seems to work fine, but I really would like to view all inventory categories at the same time.
Old May 6, 2004, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
What a great tool!!! Thanks so much for investing the time to put this together. It really is helpful.

I will admit, however, that I'm not a big fan of the new output. A couple salient points:

1) Before, it would list nearly all the flight connections between two city pairs, now it doesn't do as well. For example, there are three or four TYS-xxx-DEN flights every day. Before, I would just put in TYS, DEN and the airline (CO) and it would pop back with a list of all those flights. Now, I have to adjust the time and click search to see the morning flight, adjust the time and click search to see the noon flight, adjust the time and click search to see the evening flight. No easy comparison!! Why can't it just display all the flights of the day as it did before?

2) Messy flight display! The "SEPARATOR" and "JOURNEY TIME" additions take up screen space and make it hard to compare flights. I liked it before where they were just listed there in raw form. Is there any way for me to change the format of the output to get rid of this irrelvant data?

3) More "stuff" means less "data". It seems like the "SEPARATOR" and "JOURNEY TIME" outputs also remove important data! I'd like more screen real-estate so I can see what availability is on connecting flights. For example, if I'm searching DEN-BOS on UA, I'd like to see options for the non-stops as well as flights through ORD.

Please, please, please don't take this as "picky". I'm definitely not complaining! This is a great product, and the time you've put into this is REALLY HIGHLY valued!!! Thank you!

But I do want to do my part and provide you with helpful feedback so it is as useful a tool as possible.

Download Version 1.64...

There are three different output forms (Complete = Availability + Journey Time, Operator Airline, Days Operates, Start Terminal ; Short= Only Availability; Old= Old Format, but only 10 Classes)!

Originally Posted by arkangel
Yes, this afternoon. And only when I input "1" in the inventory box to view all inventory categories. If I input a specific inventory letter, it seems to work fine, but I really would like to view all inventory categories at the same time.
Look above, "1" is no class (or your version is more than old and incompatible)! If you switch to "Old Form" (Version 1.64) you can use "1", but better to leave this field blank. Tool- Title shows version, use "Information- Button" and Download link for Update!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.