Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:04 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Will KLM and/or BA match?

Does anybody know if either KLM or BA will match status? I will need to shift my Germany-Hong Kong business to another airline from Feb07 (had 6 roundtrips in C this summer/fall) and consider either KLM or BA.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Does anybody know if either KLM or BA will match status? I will need to shift my Germany-Hong Kong business to another airline from Feb07 (had 6 roundtrips in C this summer/fall) and consider either KLM or BA.

Any suggestions? Thanks
At least for BA chances are not too good to get matched. Anyway I'd give them a try. BA's and CX's C product is much better compared to AF/KL. If you start flying BA/CX you'll in C you'll get BA Silver (mid tier in OW) pretty soon. As you are based in Berlin (at least I guess so ) you only need 400 tp's and after youor first BA flight to HKG in C you'll already have 360 points! So you could easily make it to BA gold within the summer. And as CX also offers a great product you can avoid LHR and route through FRA which is at least a little better

Don't know about status match with Flying Blue but I don't like this program and would always go for BA again!

Cheers
totti
Old Nov 28, 2006, 4:51 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by totti
At least for BA chances are not too good to get matched. Anyway I'd give them a try. BA's and CX's C product is much better compared to AF/KL. If you start flying BA/CX you'll in C you'll get BA Silver (mid tier in OW) pretty soon. As you are based in Berlin (at least I guess so ) you only need 400 tp's and after youor first BA flight to HKG in C you'll already have 360 points! So you could easily make it to BA gold within the summer. And as CX also offers a great product you can avoid LHR and route through FRA which is at least a little better

Don't know about status match with Flying Blue but I don't like this program and would always go for BA again!

Cheers
totti
Didn´t even think about CX yet, but it would make sense. Have never been on one of their flights. Of course a status match would be nice because of all the extra bonus miles
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Didn´t even think about CX yet, but it would make sense. Have never been on one of their flights. Of course a status match would be nice because of all the extra bonus miles
Sure that's right. Have a look at LH-Fan's thread in the LH forum. They comped him to BA silver but I guess it is not a standard procedure

If you have a longhaul C flight left this year have a look at the BA promo going on till the end of the year. One flight in CW out of old europe will give you more than 50k miles in addition to the ones you earn on the flight. ^ Information can be found in the BA forum.

Cheers
totti
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
OW carriers in general don't status match. There are odd exceptions, but they are very far and few between.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:15 am

Programs: NWA Silver, UA Premier
Just got match on UA, ask for challenge?

Thanks to the advice on this board, I recently requested UA Premier (2P) based on my NW Silver and it was granted. The more I read about the benefits in Premier Executive (1P), I realize that's where all the good stuff happens.

Does UA offer challenges? How many miles do I need within how many days to qualify for 1P? I'll be travelling monthly to Europe on SAS which is a Star Alliance partner. My only flights on UA will be <500 mile connections to the SK hubs in IAD, EWR or ORD. Based on this information, do you think a challenge is possible?

Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
I am going to be Gold soon with Delta, and next year, probally plan on splitting up my flights between DL/United. Would it be likely UA would comp me to 1P based on the DL gold status? Right now I am only a 3P with United
Old Dec 3, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I've gotton a few PMs about what info I needed and where I sent it to. When I called USAir, I was told to fax a copy of my UA statement and my US Dividend Miles # to:

FlightFund Fulfillment
480-693-8024

Note this fax number is one digit off the number provided in Post #1 of this thread. I also included a copy of my UA 1K card along with the statement, but that wasn't required. BTW, I faxed the info last Monday and my US account was upgraded by last Friday.
I had sent my request including my AA EXP statement and card to this number. I checked back with them after about a week, this time I was connected to a Fort Lauderdale office and they gave me the fax number of (305) 370-3514. I re-faxed my info in, they said it would take 3-4 weeks. Less than 24 hours later I got an email telling me I was upgraded to Platinum through 02/08. Not CP, but I'm satisfied (especially as I have 11K lifetime miles on US). I was able to immediately go back in to my two existing reservations and select exit rows that were blocked for me before.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:33 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
NW Gold generally gets UA Premier Executive.

And getting a UA comp (based on NW Gold status) this month generally gives status through the end of February 2007. At least that's what a late October/beginning November status match yielded.
What would FB silver give? Not that I have put a foot on a Sky Team flight all year but I can privide history from there and from AP (which is what I have been using this year).

/E
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:42 am

Programs: AA, DL, US, UA, Starwood
Status Match usualy within 24 hours!

I did it for United and Continental got matched within 24 hours United Premier Executive and Continental Platinum. Continental I did not need anything besides my latest AAdvantage statement. If you contact me I will try to help you do these as well.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:03 pm

I have over 150k EQMs on NW this year. Will UA match for 1K status?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by hdtv4me
Nope, but they'll give you Premier Exec. (1P).
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Nope, but they'll give you Premier Exec. (1P).
Hmm...

So how are the upgrades for Premier Exec? I cannot fathom having to fly another 150k to prove myself to another airline though when I just did it already.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:41 pm

Hmm...

So how are the upgrades for Premier Exec? I cannot fathom having to fly another 150k to prove myself to another airline though when I just did it already.
So why not stick with NW unless your routing is changing significantly, or you're moving away from a NW hub?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:04 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I found out some interesting information from my corporate travel agent about status matches from UA and NW. Apparently they have some very, very limited ability to get some 1K comps, but at our company these are limited to a few high level execs. I didn't make the cut and so they would only offer to get UA to match Prem Exec (which I obviously could get on my own by faxing UA). For NW there is a much greater pool eligible for comp/match to Plat, many people in our company get this, even some from mid-tier in other programs. In the end, even my 200k+ with NW year to date and a high portion in WBC was not enough to get 1K match on UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.