The Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:58 am

Programs: CO Plat., Marriott Platinum, Starwood Plat., Delta Gold
How About W/ Cont. Plat. To Uscp (vice-versa)? Anyone?

Originally Posted by TP
Got a CO Platinum match from US Airways CP in a couple of hours ^

Yesterday I received the plastic card and the elite kit. The card expires in
Feb 07. Shouldn't it expire in 2008?

Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Advantage (Platinum)
Is the status match information in the first post for Delta current? Thanks.
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
regarding the delta "challenges" to match, is the status bonus then given posthumously to all the miles flown to meet the challenge requirement? exaxmple: i am about to fly 25k eqms this month and therefore would meet any challenge for Gold Medallion status delta will request of me; will delta then go back and give me the Gold Medallion bonus (100%) on the 25 k miles i had just flown? thanks!!
I faxed my info in early September to that information and my AA status was matched in just a couple of days. I passed the info on to one of my bosses a couple of weeks ago, and I think it worked for him, too. Are they requiring a challenge now and not just doing a match?
Old Nov 2, 2006, 11:43 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by Meals@Mealtime
CO Plat to US CP?
US would likely comp CO Platinums to the equivalent 75k US Platinum level.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by GVA
Air France - KLM do not (generally) match statuses. You could always try get a status match on Northwest then changing your address to Europe which will move your worldperks miles and status over to flying blue.
What`s the Fax-Nr. for the Worldperks Status Match?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:45 am

Programs: NWA Silver, UA Premier
Anybody know about getting status match on SAS? Right now I'm probably going to request one on United but since I'll be flying SAS metal it might make sense to go there. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mjszudarek
Anybody know about getting status match on SAS? Right now I'm probably going to request one on United but since I'll be flying SAS metal it might make sense to go there. Thanks.
As long as you´re only between US + SAS Mileage Plus *G works out fine for you!

SAS dont do status matches AFAIK. What is your current status?

Seb.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
As long as you´re only between US + SAS Mileage Plus *G works out fine for you!

SAS dont do status matches AFAIK. What is your current status?

Seb.
I'm currently NWA Silver (had been Gold and Platinum in previous years but stopped travelling to China).

I'm leaning towards UA since I think it will be easier to redeem the miles. I'm always afraid US will go out of business.

I did notice that you get Gold on SK with just 70K where I need 100K on UA or US. I know NW often has mileage bonuses if you fly their metal. I know I'll be flying SK metal so I'm wondering if they have any similar offers.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:33 am

anyone got a status match on Lufthansa?
If they do do they just give you frequent traveler? Or did someone get Senator?
I have a Alitalia Freccia Alata card... (Sky Team Elite Plus)
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by italian7
anyone got a status match on Lufthansa?
If they do do they just give you frequent traveler? Or did someone get Senator?
I have a Alitalia Freccia Alata card... (Sky Team Elite Plus)
LH is generally a pain when it comes to trying to get a status match. Going through routine channels to get a status match from AZ's program to LH's program generally fails. If you plan on doing Star Alliance flying, I'd look at BMI's program for they will status match AZ status.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:24 pm
Suspended

I'm currently NWA Silver (had been Gold and Platinum in previous years but stopped travelling to China).

I'm leaning towards UA since I think it will be easier to redeem the miles. I'm always afraid US will go out of business.

I did notice that you get Gold on SK with just 70K where I need 100K on UA or US. I know NW often has mileage bonuses if you fly their metal. I know I'll be flying SK metal so I'm wondering if they have any similar offers.
The downside of going away from UA's own program is that UA will no longer give E+ seating to other airlines' *Golds that fly them the way they used to. (Also, I'd suggest looking at BD's program in lieu of SK's program if you were to decide to gravitate away from UA's program.)
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:26 pm
Suspended

SK is a gamble when it comes to status matches -- even if SK still entertains the idea as little as was the case in prior years.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
LH is generally a pain when it comes to trying to get a status match. Going through routine channels to get a status match from AZ's program to LH's program generally fails. If you plan on doing Star Alliance flying, I'd look at BMI's program for they will status match AZ status.

Thanks. I was thinking that because LH cares a lot about the Italian market they might be a little more lenient.
Anyone know where i can send the LH request? Just to try? Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:19 am

I'm impressed

Following advice here, I sent a fax to CO asking to status match my husband based on his current SK Silver Elite. I'm already CO Gold and we have a domestic flight scheduled for December in connection with a TATL itinerary. We plan to try to use CO a bit more since UA took away our E+ seating and I'm not enamored with flying TED in E-.

I sent the fax about two hours ago; just logged in and he is Silver!

Thanks to FT'ers for the advice.

Susan
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:55 pm

Did I screw up?

I have never had a UA account and want a status match. On 11/7 I faxed the following message to UA. The next day I started reading some other posts and thought I should at least have a UA account for them to upgrade. On 11/9 I signed up for a UA account.

I have been flying primarily on NWA for many years and currently have Silver Elite status. My business currently takes me to Europe once per month. I would like to start flying United and Star Alliance partners because of better and more frequent connections to Europe.

I request the privilege of Premier Status on United. Attached is a copy of my flight activity for the past month. Feel free to contact me at the email address above if you require any additional information.

thank you for your consideration,
1. Was it a mistake to request status on an airline that I have never flown?
2. Did I lessen my chances by mentioning *A partners?
3. Did signing up for a new account help or hurt me?
4. How long does UA take to make a decision?
5. Should I followup with a letter including my new UA number? My email address and postal address were included on the original request so they will be able to find my account if they look.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
I don't think anything you did will hurt your chances. Last year I was F9 Summit and didn't make it, flying UA and AA in too much of a spread. My UA Premier expired in January, but my F9 didn't expire until Feb, I printed out and faxed my F9 status to UA for a status match and they did it, took two faxes, and over a month and a half but I got it, and because of that I flew with them more this year, and earned my UA Exec already for next year. UA, from what I have been hearing is being pretty liberal these days with comping status, I think you have as much of a chance as anyone. Just remember that they'll comp you for now, or they may make you wait until after Jan 07 to get your comp. I'd say wait a month and if you get nothing, resend your info and request again.

Patrick

I have never had a UA account and want a status match. On 11/7 I faxed the following message to UA. The next day I started reading some other posts and thought I should at least have a UA account for them to upgrade. On 11/9 I signed up for a UA account.

1. Was it a mistake to request status on an airline that I have never flown?
2. Did I lessen my chances by mentioning *A partners?
3. Did signing up for a new account help or hurt me?
4. How long does UA take to make a decision?
5. Should I followup with a letter including my new UA number? My email address and postal address were included on the original request so they will be able to find my account if they look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.