The Status Match Master Thread

Subscribe
I am very interested in getting a comp on UA (I have AA Platinum, but would like to try UA next year). If I call now, would I be comped to Feb '04 or Feb '05? If '04, then when is a good time to ask to ensure status until '05?
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by elCheapoDeluxe:
I am very interested in getting a comp on UA (I have AA Platinum, but would like to try UA next year). If I call now, would I be comped to Feb '04 or Feb '05? If '04, then when is a good time to ask to ensure status until '05?</font>
I'd say you'd be safe after October 15th.

Just to be sure, I'd specifically ask for Premier Executive status for all of 2004 (exp 2/05).
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Continental

Will match status, generally to equivalent level up to Platinum (top tier)

They seem concerned about fraud, so require a bunch of information:
</font>
Don't suppose that's because they themselves know a thing or two about deception or misrepresentation, eh?

OK, on topic, for the run-to-the-moderator grubbers: "I am happy that I got comped on United. And by the way I am a frequent flyer. Thank you."
Nice thread!

Does anyone know if US and UA will match each others program status given the alliance?
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jetsetter:
Does anyone know if US and UA will match each others program status given the alliance?</font>
It's a safe assumption not.

However, comping within an alliance has been known to happen even after being told that it's against policy.

For instance, there are reports of a LH SEN being initially denied a status match by UA and then being granted status on appeal.

So one can always ask. But comping within an alliance is usually much harder, at least.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Any knowledge (links, especially) regarding:
Airtran, ANA, TG, SQ, CX, NZ, QF, Frontier, SAS..?

I'd love to incorporate more knowledge into the thread. Thanks!
</font>
My guess is that its mostly american airlines who comp people. I believe that alot of airlines based outside of the US hasnt even heard of comp. I tried once with BU(Since I had KL status and they where leaving the KL alliance), they said no. I have also got no from Swissair.

On the other hand MX seems to comp everyone
if you have ANY elite status with an airline, starwood will be MORE than happy to give you gold status.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
if you have ANY elite status with an airline, starwood will be MORE than happy to give you gold status.</font>
Will they? Or will they likely mail you Gold status unsolicited? (In other words, will they comp you upon seeing you have status, or will they just get your name off a list and possibly mail you a gold card?)

I sense the need for a hotels version of this thread..
SR actively solicited my personal business on two occasions (although I was flying them a lot but throwing everything toward DL at the time). It is my understanding that LX will comp just about everyone/everything. I do not know what BU is....
Quick Note on UA:

United's policy on upgrading has always been if you get a COMP before July you get it until March of the following year. If it is July or After... you get it for that year, the next year and expires March of the following year.

AA did not comp me based on 1K.. they gave me a platinum challenge.. no problem.. one RT flight on CX.. got me platinum. they do it with qualify points.. 5000 for Gold Challenge, 10000 for Platinum challenge, ANYONE CAN GET THE CHALLENGE.. you basically have 90 days to do it....

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LAX 1K:
United's policy on upgrading has always been if you get a COMP before July you get it until March of the following year. If it is July or After... you get it for that year, the next year and expires March of the following year.</font>
No direct experience on when United's cut off date is, but some posts on the United forum suggest that it is October rather than July.

See for instance http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/020957.html
Quote:
Any knowledge (links, especially) regarding:
Airtran, ANA, TG, SQ, CX, NZ, QF, Frontier, SAS..?

I'd love to incorporate more knowledge into the thread. Thanks!
</font>
Ms. Gulfcoast and I are both multi-year PM. Airtran recently sent each of us an e-mail comping to A-Plus Rewards Elite - stated cards will be mailed soon.

I took a US Gold comp - completed a 20/20 challenge in 60days and am now CP (US1).

UA comped Ms. GC to Premier Exec (1P) & entered her in a 50/50 challenge to reach 1K status in 6 months - she will reach it next week after completing a RSW-ORD-HKG-BKK-HKT-BKK-NRT-LHR-ORD-RSW business trip.

We both have over 100,000 MQM's on DL - will retain PM status in 2004 but will primarily shift business to UA/US and Airtran due to Skymile changes - major revenue loss to DL!
Quote:
Any knowledge (links, especially) regarding:...QF...?

I'd love to incorporate more knowledge into the thread. Thanks! </font>
Platinum is the highest tier that can be reached from flying. Comping - pretty well the same as BA - comp is for big spenders only.

If you control a large travel budget, or are a politician or "bigwig", you'll probably qualify for invite-only "Chairman's Lounge".

Some discussion here: Platinum contact for Comp request
Greetings,

My comp f/DL to CO came in November of last year for all of this year. I've read on another thread something about Nov 1 maybe being a cuttoff for CO. I can't say for sure other than to say I received mine for the entire 2003 year in Nov of 2002 so best to ask first or wait till November.

Just my experience.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gulfcoastdave:

I took a US Gold comp - completed a 20/20 challenge in 60days and am now CP (US1).

UA comped Ms. GC to Premier Exec (1P) & entered her in a 50/50 challenge to reach 1K status
</font>
Anymore info on these challenges ? 20/20 ? 50/50 ?

Thanks
J

[This message has been edited by JohnG (edited 10-08-2003).]
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  13  53  103