Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

The Status Match Master Thread

The Status Match Master Thread

Old Nov 5, 2004, 1:15 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Just received this status match based on AS MVPG and UA PremEx---through FEB 2006. They first comped it through FEB 2005 , I wrote a quick response that this would not give me any incentive to fly NWA and they replied to extend it through 2006 NWA will surely see my business now--see ya UA.
Did u fax or mail ur request? when?

thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 1:18 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
Angry

I am UA premEx and only got:
Account Status: 09Nov2004-28Feb2005 Silver Elite

Just received this status match based on AS MVPG and UA PremEx---through FEB 2006. They first comped it through FEB 2005 , I wrote a quick response that this would not give me any incentive to fly NWA and they replied to extend it through 2006 NWA will surely see my business now--see ya UA.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:22 pm

Status match form on corporate web page

Moved to new thread

Last edited by EdisonCarter; Nov 16, 2004 at 10:55 am Reason: Moved to new thread
Old Nov 10, 2004, 1:16 am

UA comp in four days

Faxed my NW Platinum credentials to the Mileage Plus office on Friday (using the fax number listed in this thread) and my (status-less) UA account was showing Premier Executive on the following Monday. I also received a confirmation email from an exclusive email account - (status match email title here)@united.com confirming the upgrade in status.

I am moving back to Sydney next Spring and really have no choice but to switch back to *Alliance, despite two fantastic years of flying as a Japan-based NW Gold and Platinum Elite.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents
UA status match dilemma

I have recently submitted Elite status match requests for my wife and I to UA for PremEx based on our current status of Continental Gold Elite.

Within a week of submission, my wife's online UA statement confirmed her new status as PremEx . However, after two weeks waiting I am still showing as statusless. Neither of us have received e-mail or other confirmation, so I do not know whether or not I have been refused or just not dealt with yet?

Has anyone not been successful with a UA status match from a US competitor airline? Should I resubmit the fax?

I am in a little bit of a hurry as we are off to Hawaii LHR-SFO-HNL-KOA-SFO-LHR for an Xmas family vacation ^ , on UA and I had to book in E-. With status I could hopefully access E+ which would make the trip with a 5 and 3 year old more tolerable. Plus the extra points wouldn't go amiss!

Advice please

Thanks to all in advance

Owl36
Old Nov 15, 2004, 8:39 am

Does anyone have the fax number for AA status match? Thanks a bunch in advance!
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:36 am

How long did it take for NWA to respond to you? I am AA PLT and requested status match. Over a week since faxed to them and nothing yet.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
NWA status match

Originally Posted by tinnub
How long did it take for NWA to respond to you? I am AA PLT and requested status match. Over a week since faxed to them and nothing yet.
I faxed my information in. It took about 2 weeks and the only way I knew was by logging into my WorldPerks account. I still have not seen anything via postal mail yet.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 5:22 am

Thanks sooner ^
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:45 am

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
NWA...will take care of you

I will tell you that if your Platinum w/NWA and don't re-qualify you will only drop down to GOLD for the next year....

Originally Posted by ermdjdsj
Another useful piece of information to add to this thread would be information about status EXPIRATION policies/tier drops on the various airlines:

For example, even if I make NW platinum this year (flying 75,000 EQM), if I fly almost no miles on NW the following year my status will drop to nothing. But I've heard that on some other airlines (I think AA) you only drop one elite level per year, so it gives you at least a couple more years of SOME status on that airline, which could be important to some of us.

Does anyone have a quick summary or link to various airline tier-dropping policies?
Old Nov 17, 2004, 5:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat UA 1P Hilton Gold CO dirt
Thumbs up quick turnaround on a UA match...ONE DAY

I faxed my CO statement printouts from co.com to the fax number listed on the 1st page of this thread yesterday morning, got an email THIS AFTERNOON saying I've been matched to Prem Exec, (I'm currently a CO Gold).
Old Nov 23, 2004, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
AA Match DL PM?

My boss is a DL PM with over 100,000 EQMs for this year and has been PM for at least the last few years. Would AA comp Gold and register him for the Plat Challenge or would they cough up Platinum status? His travel includes lots of last minute transcon and some full-fare business class to Europe. Thanks!!!
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by BOA VIAGEM
I will tell you that if your Platinum w/NWA and don't re-qualify you will only drop down to GOLD for the next year....
I believe that if you are comped plat with NW and don't qualify for silver the following year, you will be dropped to dirt. If you actually qualify for plat and then don't fly much the following year, they drop you to gold.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 11:00 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
NW Status Match for Asia-Pacific residents

Info here, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374478
Old Nov 26, 2004, 2:10 am

Programs: DL (suckered me into) Diamond, ICH Plat RA, SPG Plat
Anybody know if any hotel chain will status match a Priority Club Platinum Member? I tried SPG, but they will not comp from Priority Club.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.