Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 1:59 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I today saw - http://www.aerosvit.ca/eng/meridian/...ards/7288.html

It seems that Aerosvit matches statuses at least on 15 other airline members.

In case you are other airline frequent flyer programme member with high membership status (SILVER, GOLD, ELITE, PLAYINUM, etc.) and other airline frequent flyer programme is not in the list as per Table content, we kindly ask you to send the copy of your valid other airline loyalty programme membership card by e-mail: [email protected]. During 3 days you will be inform if it is possible to issue Meridian card according to your request.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 6:13 am

Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum
For those trying to get AA to match status. . .

I just called AA and gave the lady my story about being UA 1K/1P for 5 years, and fly ORD-GIG monthly normally on UA. Due to costs, I've gone AA for the past three trips, and was looking to see if she could either 1) match my 1P status or 2) give me retroactive credit for the Platinum Challenge. I also indicated that this would be a big factor in whether I use AA or UA for my upcoming trips as the international lounges are a big perk for me. Still the answer I got to both requests was a polite 'no', with seemingly no room for negotiating. And yes, there is now as $150 fee to start the Platinum Challenge. I declined - I'll get Platinum anyways if I keep flying them and now have Gold. But it was disappointing to see them not show any flexibility.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 6:15 am

Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by biruviannation
2) give me retroactive credit for the Platinum Challenge.
And yes, I know I'm an idiot for not doing the Platinum Challenge three months ago. I just found out about it this week. I'd be Platinum by now.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Has anyone recieved their NW Membership materials yet ?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Has anyone recieved their NW Membership materials yet ?
Jeez, you're patient.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 2:15 pm

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
I'm sure it's been asked before but I didn't find the answer to the exact question I have. If matching status from Marriott Plat to *wood Plat, is there an advantage in waiting until Jan, 09 in doing so in regards to length of match? If I do it now, I'll would anticipate being comped through 2/10. If I wait until January, would I get it for the remainder of the year then the following thus making it valid through 2/11? I suspect not but certainly worth asking if it actually is that way.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

trader61, you might want to post your question in the Hotel Status Match Master thread.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:28 pm

United Match question

I apologize if this has been addressed earlier in the thread. I am AA Platinum and have just moved to SFO from NY. I applied for the United Premier Executive status match. UA gave it to me effectively immediately but are requiring me to fly 15K by 12/31. I know that UA has been doing this occasionally but thought they might not do so to match an AA status. Anyone know if i can push back on UA to see if they will match without the 15K requirement? Or will UA grant me more time to meet the 15K requirement? I will be flying UA a few times before the end of the year, but not sure if I will be make it by 12/31. Thanks very much.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:54 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by Tooms
I apologize if this has been addressed earlier in the thread. I am AA Platinum and have just moved to SFO from NY. I applied for the United Premier Executive status match. UA gave it to me effectively immediately but are requiring me to fly 15K by 12/31. I know that UA has been doing this occasionally but thought they might not do so to match an AA status. Anyone know if i can push back on UA to see if they will match without the 15K requirement? Or will UA grant me more time to meet the 15K requirement? I will be flying UA a few times before the end of the year, but not sure if I will be make it by 12/31. Thanks very much.
I live in Providence, am AA Gold and just got a 90-day status match on United to Premier (part of my reason for requesting was that AA is pulling out of PVD in November) on 10/2/08. To keep the Premier status I have to fly 7500 miles within 90 days, which comes out to 12/30/08. I'm planning to take a holiday trip returning on 1/1 and asked if they would extend the qualification period by 2 days so my flight on 1/1 would count, but they said no. Evidently they're quite strict on the time requirements.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Jeez, you're patient.
I usually am but I also go to europe soon and fear I wont have lounge access without the card

Talking about it... I made UA 1P about 10 days ago, how long does it take to recieve the material ?

Not that it's any worth as I have 2 other valid *G cards right now
Old Oct 24, 2008, 5:43 am

Programs: AF/KL silver, Sixt Plat., BMI *G, Northwest Gold, Iberia nothing, Spanair Blue
Only Gold matched... :(

Dear Mr customer,

Thank you for contacting Northwest Airlines in regard to upgrading your
WorldPerks account, xxxx.

A variety of criteria, including information from your British Midland
mileage summary, is considered when evaluating requests from members to
match elite status from another airline. After reviewing the
information provided to us on your Diamond Club account, your Northwest
WorldPerks account has been upgraded to Gold Elite status. This
one-time complimentary membership upgrade will remain valid through
February 28, 2009.

Your credentials are now being processed and will be mailed to the
address on file. You may expect to receive your Gold Elite kit in
approximately three weeks.

In the interim, WorldPerks Elite members are now able to print off their
temporary WorldPerks reference card through nwa.com, if a PIN is
established. From the nwa.com Home Page, select WorldPerks, then Manage
My Account, then select Request a WorldPerks Reference Card, or click on
the following address at:

https://webx25.nwa.com/cgi-bin/wp_card.pro

If you have difficulties with the process, please contact our online
support group at [email protected] or 1-800-692-6955 open 24/7.

Due to the timing of your 2008 complimentary Gold Elite upgrade, please
be advised that your Gold Elite membership will be continued through the
2009 program year - March 1, 2009 through February 28, 201
0. You may
expect your credentials for this program to be delivered prior to March
1, 2009.

We sincerely appreciate the support we receive from our members. We are
working hard to distinguish Northwest Airlines as a carrier of
preference and we hope you will allow us the continued privilege of
serving your air travel needs.

Sincerely,

Emily Hayes, Manager
WorldPerks Service Center

EH:jrg
October 22, 2008

I asked, as happened with Sixt (first matched as Gold, then Plat) and BMI (first Silver, then Gold) if they could push it up to Platinum. Still waiting...

Any known way to have OneWorld status? (I want to be able to have best chances of upgrade for next year's honeymoon trip , which destination(s) is(are) yet to be chosen).

I've been yet rejected from IB, Finnair and LAN...

I know i'm diluting it all but when I check the value of my miles It has been divided by 4 on all tentatives since last year! Just going for status perks now.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 8:39 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by NicolasPARMADff
Dear Mr customer,

Thank you for contacting Northwest Airlines in regard to upgrading your
WorldPerks account, xxxx.

A variety of criteria, including yadda yadda yadda...
I just got upgraded to Platinum Elite, also through Feb 2010. Faxed it on Sunday and got the email today, Saturday.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by KevinInRI
I live in Providence, am AA Gold and just got a 90-day status match on United to Premier (part of my reason for requesting was that AA is pulling out of PVD in November) on 10/2/08. To keep the Premier status I have to fly 7500 miles within 90 days, which comes out to 12/30/08. I'm planning to take a holiday trip returning on 1/1 and asked if they would extend the qualification period by 2 days so my flight on 1/1 would count, but they said no. Evidently they're quite strict on the time requirements.
Hey Kevin, thanks for replying. I called UA and they said that as long as i had a trip booked before 12/31 that would get me over the 15K, and that i called them to give them notice of that, they would honor it for the match. my main issue is that i will have a flight in late December for the holidays but not might be returning by 12/31. You may want to call them if you're in that situation and see if they will do that. Not sure if that's bc im shooting for Premier Executive rather than Premier but probably worth a try if you have something booked or you're about to book for the holidays.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Continental Fax

Has anyone tried the fax # for the Continental status match recently?
I tried to send them a fax today to 832-235-2713, which didn't appear to be a valid fax #. No busy signal, just not a valid fax line.

Or can someone supply some updated information?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Lufthansa match to One or Sky

Dear FTers,

Looking to do a status match for one of these 2 alliances and primary reason being will have in 09 a lot of Germany to SFO flights...so DUS, FRA or MUC and then to west coast. I was thinking BA, because their route is decent, however reading from the posts, they do not do these matches anymore. How about AA? Can I contact them. IMHO even Delta could work through Atlanta but hate all the Sky partners...Any suggestions are welcome, pros and cons as well, and experiences if someone has done it this kind of thing...

All the best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.