1000 FF Miles for renewing domain with NetworkSolutions

Subscribe
If you renew for 9 years at $14.99/year, they'll give you 1000 FF miles with your choice of one of American Airlines, Delta, Northwest, United or UAL. Customer Service Numbers is 1-888-642-9675.
I did that last year, I think it was a five year renewal term. It took about 8 months and you don't want to know how many emails and phone calls to get those miles to post correctly! I also got added to their "offers" email list. I wouldn't do it again.

Sylvia
My experience with Network Solutions is they are absolutely horrible from a standpoint of customer service (on par with Sprint PCS). They are also the most expensive.

I have been using www.godaddy.com for a couple of years. They are the cheapest I have found, their service is (only) above average though much better than Network Solutions. They are, however, completely reliable.

.com registration, normally $8.95/year is, at the moment, on sale for $7.95 year. Network Solutions is $35/year but reduces that to $15/year if you pay them $150 up front for ten years.

Sorry--no airline miles, but even 100,000 miles would not be enough for me to give Network Solutions another dime.

[This message has been edited by pushback (edited Mar 08, 2004).]
I will agree with the last poster Stay as far away as you can from Network Soloutions There are better and less expensive registrars out there.

I just moved everything to godaddy also and find there service to be much better than NS

peace
billyb
www.primecolorphoto.com
www.discreetphoto.com

[This message has been edited by wwonka (edited Mar 08, 2004).]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CozumelJen:
If you renew for 9 years at $14.99/year, they'll give you 1000 FF miles with your choice of one of American Airlines, Delta, Northwest, United or UAL. Customer Service Numbers is 1-888-642-9675.</font>
That sounds like an expensive way to buy 1000 FF miles (as comparing to using a better and less expensive registrar).
Network Solution is terrible. GoDaddy is good up to the minute when you need to reach a human being there. Then, they are a nightmare.

I have all of my domains with NameCheap.com , 8.88 /year .

------------------
Universities of The Web
Your source for continuing education online
Ageed

[This message has been edited by alien (edited Mar 08, 2004).]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pushback:
My experience with Network Solutions is they are absolutely horrible from a standpoint of customer service (on par with Sprint PCS). They are also the most expensive.

I have been using www.godaddy.com for a couple of years. They are the cheapest I have found, their service is (only) above average though much better than Network Solutions. They are, however, completely reliable.

.com registration, normally $8.95/year is, at the moment, on sale for $7.95 year. Network Solutions is $35/year but reduces that to $15/year if you pay them $150 up front for ten years.

Sorry--no airline miles, but even 100,000 miles would not be enough for me to give Network Solutions another dime.

[This message has been edited by pushback (edited Mar 08, 2004).]
</font>
dito....exactly what I do....talk about price gauging....
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pushback:
on par with Sprint PCS</font>
Wow. That's pretty wretched.
Stay as far away as you can from Network Slowlutions, AKA Veri$ign. It's not worth it to have to put up with them. I've, too, had good luck with GoDaddy.
I just have to chime in with another "ditto." Network Solutions is a nightmare to deal with and NO amount of miles would ever entice me to use them again!
This is the only FT thread I've ever come across where everyone agrees that it's not worth it to get miles from a particular vendor!

If that isn't a complete condemnation of NSI/Verisign, nothing is.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
This is the only FT thread I've ever come across where everyone agrees that it's not worth it to get miles from a particular vendor!</font>
I will chime in. I have never had a website in my life, but found a $50 charge on my Amex bill a few months ago from Network Solutions. When I called the 800 number provided to ask what on earth this was, the rep told me it was for a domain name renewal, but then refused to tell me what domain name it was for, or who owned it. I noted that I'd never had a domain in the first place, and they immediately said they'd put a credit to my Amex. Three weeks later, no credit. I called Amex to take the matter up with them, and they removed the charge immediately, without even bothering to go through the six-week process of investigating it. It seemed pretty clear that Network Solutions was a habitual offender. Morals of the story: scrutinize your credit card bills, and beware of Network Solutions!
my first site was with NetSol. I ran into problems when they double-charged me for something but said it would take several weeks or maybe a month plus to get that money back. After extensive complaining, I finally reached someone there in the higher ups who finally sent me a check, Fed x. Seems they could have saved the mail charges and just do things right the first time.

Anyway, having been satisfied at the eventual effort to make things right, I continued w/their service and pretty much left things alone for the while. I have since shifted sites around and I dont use them these days.

More recently, however, I did renew a site for someone that already had it going through them. I had done some web site work for this person and he wanted to leave things as they had been, so I paid for what he wanted and included those charges in my final bill to him for all services on his site that I worked on. (I was doing it such that I would charge for any updates or new work on the site, any long-term hosting, and any new or renewal registration fees, and then bill for my services and add on those fees with a nominal markup people were happy with)

I personally have long since chosen other services for my own web sites, but when putting together that one I worked on for someone else, I was able to get the 1000 mile thing. It worked for me and I guess I have to say I am surprised it did, because I waited so long for the miles to show up. But I am now ashamed to say, since everyone here says it's not worth it, that I DID get those miles--actually, I had them posted to my wife's FFP because she was that much short of an award she wanted. Anyway, they took 3 months to come but they did show up and it says "Network Solutions sign up" in the airline miles profile for that period.

I would probably not go back for more--yes, there are far better and cheaper places to set up a web site--but this one did work for me and so if you are already in the waiting period, just hang onto your paperwork and wait a bit longer. When the 1000 miles come, make new choices for the next time if you need to.

good luck.
MM
And Network Solutions has made it next to impossible to try to make changes to accounts for domain names, i.e. changing the administrative contact on an account.