Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:33 pm

Status match suggestions?

Hi,

I'm currently Delta Gold (through early 2013). Thanks Amex promotions. I'll have no roll-over on delta. I'm SFO/SJC based and I expect that I won't fly that much in 2012: about enough to earn/requalify at the 25k tier if I am loyal to one airline. But at least half of that are routes that aren't great on Delta (to BOS, BWI/DCA).

Do I have a shot at a status match on CO anymore? I don't think my travel is consolidated enough to meet a challenge.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by oshelef; Dec 22, 2011 at 6:38 pm
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by oshelef
Hi,

I'm currently Delta Gold (through early 2013). Thanks Amex promotions. I'll have no roll-over on delta. I'm SFO/SJC based and I expect that I won't fly that much in 2012: about enough to earn/requalify at the 25k tier if I am loyal to one airline. But at least half of that are routes that aren't great on Delta (to BOS, BWI/DCA).

Do I have a shot at a status match on CO anymore? I don't think my travel is consolidated enough to meet a challenge.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
I was a Delta GOLD through 2011 and wanted to check if I could get to CO GOLD for a status match. I sent the fax last week and got a reply 2 days back. With the United merger, it seems like all the matches they do are United type (with a 90 day challenge to meet GOLD for a year). I was kinda bummed but I just have to see how it goes with getting 17.5K miles in the next 3 months.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by nightan
I was a Delta GOLD through 2011 and wanted to check if I could get to CO GOLD for a status match. I sent the fax last week and got a reply 2 days back. With the United merger, it seems like all the matches they do are United type (with a 90 day challenge to meet GOLD for a year). I was kinda bummed but I just have to see how it goes with getting 17.5K miles in the next 3 months.
That's what I figured. Do the miles have to be booked after the challenge starts? Or could I submit for the challenge when I know I already have travel planned/purchased?

(Is the challenge 17.5K or 12.5K in 3months? 17.5K in 3 months is a 70k annual rate, if you fly evenly all year...) I'd have a decent shot at 12.5k, but not 17.5k.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by geilux
Any idea how to match *A Gold (LH SEN) with BA ?
No, BA don't do status matches (except for decision makers within key corporate customers). However, oneworld partner MA is doing status matches (widely discussed here).
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:34 am

Does the challenge have to be done on UA metal? I'm about to start doing a lot more C flying and pondering whether I should match my Oneworld status back over to *A (I currently have BD Silver, but it almost seems like there's no point getting that one back up as it may just disappear in a few months....).
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:43 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I just completed a status match for 1P with UA (challenge) at the end of Nov 2011 but when I just received my card, status is only valid for 01/2012.

Will they be issuing another card or is this the way they are doing them nowadays?

Anyone else have different experiences in late 2011?

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Dec 24, 2011 at 7:30 am
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Thank you for this thread. I was able to status match CZ Gold to Continental Gold and am enjoying the benefits and will finish qualifying for the match after the return flight to China.

I think there is more than one reader here that might be interested in getting status in a different alliance than their current status and it would be easier to have all the choices per alliance grouped together.

Can the first post be modified to separate the matches by alliance?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: A few
Any cheap star alliance status matches available? I have Flying Blue Platinum, AA Exp, Delta Platinum looking for a back door into *A status for 2012 without flying. It is just to cover bag fees on the occasional *A flight. Any way of making use of that FB Plat freebie I got this year?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:35 am

I have Platinum CO and equivalent UA status through 2/28/2012. Any airlines that would match that status or slightly lower? I already have high status with DL. I assume AA would give me a challenge but not a match.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
any last day ideas to get Status ?

I will be United "silver" in 2012 down from 1K , would like to get at least star gold...

Am also Delta Plat in 2011 if I could parlay that into something ,

and has anyone had luck using the old status , say 2011 that still has 1 month of use to get a status match , or is it January 1st to December 31st ?only

Thanks for your ideas and Happy New years

RB
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I got EK gold status match after emailing skyrewards off of my UA 1k and GF Silver.

Looking forward to dumping GF and possibly burning some UA miles this year to barely qualify for 1k and keep EK Gold.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:48 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...read-2012.html
Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:49 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ad-2012-a.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.