Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by UA191
DL just stopped doing outright matches & are now offering a match: https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...atus_match.jsp
It looks like everyone is going to this in hotels and airlines.
In the last year:
Hyatt, SPG Plat, and CO no longer allow matching and only challenges.

I have been holding off on doing a lot of matches so I can maintain a mid level if I stop travelling for a while, but now Im afraid there will not be any matches left.
I see there point though.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: Lost count
Originally Posted by stallion114
I dont think CO ever did challenges, only matches. They are now forwarding everyone to UA for a challenge.
I would contact UA, and tell them that you will be qualifying on a CO flight.
Someone correct me if im wrong, but I think you have to fly the metal of whatever airline you are matching. I think you are ok if you are flying CO metal for a UA challenge bc of the merger but not sure on the LH part of your trip. I dont think if qualifies.
Many thanks.

Well, a quick update CO has matched me to their gold elite status. Need to fly 17,500 flight miles in 90 days.^

I can fly any CO& UA to qualify. LH metal will not qualify though it is a CO code. But I have another trip planned that will get me 14k.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: AA/UA no status!
how quickly does UA typically start the match challenges?

for anyone who has done a 1P status match challenge with UA in the past year, how long did it take for united to reply and officially start the challenge after you emailed in the necessary info?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by JuniorAK
for anyone who has done a 1P status match challenge with UA in the past year, how long did it take for united to reply and officially start the challenge after you emailed in the necessary info?
A few hours to up to 3 days.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:25 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
status matching Hotel Airline

Hello,

Is there any possibility to get called. matching status in any airline having a high status in one of the hotels.
I know that the other way was possible, for example, the AIR FRANCE - A CLUB.

Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Atlantico
Hi,

No one of you ever tried to get a Status Match with TAP Victoria or TAM Fedelidade? Would be very grateful for any feedback.

Regards,
Anyone ever get a status match on TAP Victoria? It would be really great to have it!

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by stallion114
Does anyone know if the Alaska match is good until Feb 2013 if I match now? Also will I get the upgrade cert for both years? I would like to have it for 100% rdm on delta and also to give the cert to my dad for a trip to Alaska in august.
Nope, I did this in July of last year, and status was only good thru the end of 2010 You have to wait until September if you want AS to match through 12/31 of the following year.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:18 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
As delta silver medallion, requested united challenge asking for both premier and premier exec challenge. they only gave me the premier challenge - in 90 days fly 10k miles or 15 segments.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:09 am

Programs: UA 1P, Virgin, AA
Anyone know if AF or KLM will status match to *G (on UA, but most flights are on LH). I need options on trips to CAN from BHX or at a push LHR as LH flights are stupid money these days and the've also cut the miles on the cheaper flights to zero... they clearly don't want frequent flyers any more.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:44 am

AF did mine this spring.

Originally Posted by Baggycat
Anyone know if AF or KLM will status match to *G (on UA, but most flights are on LH). I need options on trips to CAN from BHX or at a push LHR as LH flights are stupid money these days and the've also cut the miles on the cheaper flights to zero... they clearly don't want frequent flyers any more.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:15 am

That would be on the offer that ended 31st March though.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
Is there any electronic notification when you complete a challenge?

I'm close to matching to 2P, and was wondering if they do more to confirm the successful challenge than just send the card in 4-6 weeks.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by 707Flyer
Is there any electronic notification when you complete a challenge?

I'm close to matching to 2P, and was wondering if they do more to confirm the successful challenge than just send the card in 4-6 weeks.
Er, no... other than post it on the web in your account. What were you hoping for? Champagne and flowers?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
Originally Posted by Baggycat
Er, no... other than post it on the web in your account. What were you hoping for? Champagne and flowers?
just an e-mail
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:52 pm

Nope, not even that I'm afraid. I did a challenge in January and only had the site update followed by the card a week or so later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.