Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Intelligent Fare Agents

Intelligent Fare Agents

Old Mar 26, 1999, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Intelligent Fare Agents

Does anybody know of a web site that will give lower price air fare alternatives based on changing your departure dates/times/airports slighty?

When I have to stump up the cash I usually go through a process of changing dates and airports to zero in on the lowest fare. Seems like a computer could do this better than me. Surely somebody must have thought of this? (If they haven't, it's (c) 1999 Pappa Penguin Productions!).
Old Mar 26, 1999, 11:43 am
Original Member

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
the pc version of united connection allows you to give a date range of +/- 2 days for departure and return. it then checks all flights for those entire dates. if your flight is departing from/arriving to a metropolitan area (i.e., washington,d.c.), the program will display flights to all airports in that area (i.e., dca,iad,bwi).

MileCrazy

[This message has been edited by MileCrazy (edited 03-26-99).]
Old Mar 26, 1999, 12:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Travelocity just came out with the very function you are looking for. It is now an option when pricing flights, in addition to "9 lowest" and "specify flights and times".
Old Mar 26, 1999, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Alright! Thanks for the inputs guys.
Old Mar 27, 1999, 5:00 am
Original Member

TheTrip.com reservation service is good for finding the lowest fare, too, with alternative market checking and up to 15 fare selections (search by times or price or class of desired service).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.