Search

Oneworld Comparison Chart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 1999, 1:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Oneworld Comparison Chart

Tedhl had mentioned on a Cathy thread that they were looking at preparing a Oneworld comparison chart like the Star Alliance chart we have prepared. I am bringing forward that post on the buzz. Yes we would like to see it if you can do it (i.e. enough top tier members to fill out at least 3 airlines). CX, AA, CP and BA should be easy by the looks of tedhl's post and the postings of others on those airline's threads.

Tedhl's post: "I guess BlondeBomber won't mind if we use his spreadsheet as the template for our comparison, right ?? So, let's start from there and I'll contribute to both the AA and CX portion...baobab will do BA...should we post a message in The Buzz and see if there's someone who can do Canadian, Qantas, and Finnair ?? and Hong Kong Flyer can also contribute to CX and do the data compilation ??
And, another question...should we include all elite levels, or only med to top levels, like what BlondeBomber is doing (only Star Alliance gold, not silver) ?? of course...oneworld still doesn't have an alliance-wide status system, right ??"
Old Mar 17, 1999, 1:18 pm
Original Member

emerald, sapphire, ruby, in descending order... (the alliance-wide status designators)

[This message has been edited by baobab (edited 03-17-99).]
Old Mar 17, 1999, 1:42 pm

I know it is a pain, but please remember there are three different BA Exec Clubs and each is VERY different.
Old Mar 17, 1999, 1:51 pm
Original Member

but Nick, you are the ultimate expert...

we shall just have to have three sections for BA...
Old Mar 17, 1999, 7:55 pm
mgm

I could not find the original thread. I would be interested in seeing the chart. More than happy to contribute info for AA and QF.
Old Mar 17, 1999, 8:36 pm
Original Member

Count me in for Canadian - CP.

Ken Hamer
Old Mar 17, 1999, 8:46 pm
Original Member

BlondeBomber, Tedhl -- re: top tiers only.

I'm sure there are lower level FF's here that would be interested in such a chart. I vote for including all levels.

Having said that, it seems to me that oneworld (1w) is concentrating on top tier flyers, even more so than Star. I have been recently treated like royalty by both AA and BA, even though I am "only" a CPer. At the other end, for entry level FF's there are no benefits at all, apparently, and for the first level (ruby) the benefits seem to be limited.

Ken Hamer
Old Mar 17, 1999, 8:48 pm
Original Member

Merry:

Aren't all of the different BA groups treated the same, as far as oneworld status goes?

Ken Hamer
Old Mar 17, 1999, 11:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
ok...let's do this...I'll be the one taking in all the info and compiling the chart, assuming the same role that BlondeBomber is playing for the Star Alliance chart...let's start from the basics and add in more of the "hidden" top-tier benefits later on, so that more people can contribute now...we'll follow the format of the Star Alliance chart...that means we'll have at least the following sections:

For each program:

Class of Service Bonus (First and Business)
Class of Service Bonus counts as status miles ?
Minimum Miles (for each segment, e.g. 500 miles)
Reward Comparability (i.e. how does the number of miles required to get a certain award differ among the programs)
All fares eligible for mileage accrual / status ?
Other Pluses and Minuses for the program (e.g. application fee, 50% miles for discount economy, etc)

For each tier within each program:

Miles/Sectors Needed for the status
Elite Bonus
Special Bonus (e.g. when reaching the status, or qualifying for the status early in the year, etc)
Lounge Access
Upgrade (including # of complimentary upgrade certs received a year, restrictions/eligible fares, confirmable when, etc)
Other Benefits/Perks

I'll be contributing mainly to the CX part...KenHamer - CP, mgm - AA and QF, baobab (and Merry ?) - BA...then we should have covered all of the 5 founding airlines...what if, the few of you send me some inputs about the above items for the program you're responsible for, and I'll come up with a first cut of the chart, say by some time next week, and send it to all those who're interested for comments and further refinement ??
Old Mar 18, 1999, 1:08 am

Ken: The benefits for the different BA groups (UK, USA & Global) are treated the same.

However, the earning and redemption opportunities are VERY different.
Nick
Old Mar 18, 1999, 5:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
We look forward with interest. Thanks tedhl for taking this on and to Ken Hamer for starting with the CP portion.

Regional differences can be included as notes in the appropriate field. If they are totally different you could use footnotes or separate columns for different regions.
Old Mar 27, 1999, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Uh...How's the OneWorld comparison chart coming along?
Old Mar 27, 1999, 10:34 am
Original Member

for various reasons we've been slow about sorting out the BA section - my apologies.

tedhl will let everyone know when it is ready.

baobab
Old Mar 27, 1999, 10:52 am
Original Member

just to let you guys know I'm following with great interest -- am thinking I might switch to CP later this year or next year..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.