Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neiman Marcus InCircle points... wow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2007, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Neiman Marcus InCircle points... wow

See this the first time that Neiman Marcus offers the InCircle with loads of different awards.

Get 2 Points for each Dollar spent and redeem for several interesting things. For example 1.000.000 points get you a NetJets Marquis Card for 5h or 1.000.000 miles on AA/UA.

Not bad... just think you pay with the Neiman Marcus Card 2 points per $ and earn another mile over your credit card you use to pay the bill with !

1.500.000 miles for spending 500.000 $ not a bad earning rate.

No time limit in this regards. Lets see how long do we need to spend that !

Now whose SO is an excessive shopper?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

where are you seeing 3 per dollar?

i believe NM card and amex plat/cent are same 1 per dollar, except during promo store events, and then as part of incircle benefits at different spending thresholds.

highest threshold of 1.5MM would be ~$750K, and thats not really "hard" to achieve considering prices of couture items and the average spending of the ultra wealthy on such items.

highest award level is 5MM or ~$2.5MM. thats a little more up there. but considering what they offer in their christmas catalogs sometimes.. ($3.8MM fractional ownership for example)

point value works out to 2.5cpp, which is definitely not bad at all. and with amex, youre earning membership reward points as well.

i prefer NM to saks anyway, but incircle vs saks rewards makes it even nicer. also looking forward to seeing what NM comes out with along the same lines as the saks WEMC.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 21, 2007 at 10:43 pm
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
where are you seeing 3 per dollar?

i believe NM card and amex plat/cent are same 1 per dollar, except during promo store events, and then as part of incircle benefits at different spending thresholds.

highest threshold of 1.5MM would be ~$750K, and thats not really "hard" to achieve considering prices of couture items and the average spending of the ultra wealthy on such items.

highest award level is 5MM or ~$2.5MM. thats a little more up there. but considering what they offer in their christmas catalogs sometimes.. ($3.8MM fractional ownership for example)

point value works out to 2.5cpp, which is definitely not bad at all. and with amex, youre earning membership reward points as well.

i prefer NM to saks anyway, but incircle vs saks rewards makes it even nicer. also looking forward to seeing what NM comes out with along the same lines as the saks WEMC.
Virtually every dollar you spend on your Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf Goodman credit card earns one InCircle point. If you shop on a double-point day, you'll earn two points for every dollar spent on your card. Once you earn 5,000 points, you become a member of InCircle, receive the special privileges described below, and are eligible to redeem gifts.

OK double point day is the key. Put this together with the payment of the AAdvantage Citi AMEX and you have 3 miles per $ spent ! ^

Well they even offer a 25k $ giftcard but what are 25k$ against 8 F class tickets !?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ah, i guess i misread your post.

i believe they sometimes have triple points. each point is worth 2.5 cents. other points are usually worth 1 cent in face value. so thats up to 8.5 cents total, with triple points and the credit card. ^

and again lots of great stuff to buy and redeem for too. hopefully their new credit card spices it up even more.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ah, i guess i misread your post.

i believe they sometimes have triple points. each point is worth 2.5 cents. other points are usually worth 1 cent in face value. so thats up to 8.5 cents total, with triple points and the credit card. ^

and again lots of great stuff to buy and redeem for too. hopefully their new credit card spices it up even more.
Yes and I think with the partner card function it can really be a deal !

I admit for me this spending isnt reachable but lets say for a higher situated couple with large spendings in clothing and some of the retail anyways, maybe in combination with a son/daughter it is very possible to take big advantage of this.

No idea how much Neiman costs it to make the miles available but after selling someone stuff for half a million $ they should have some leeway

And at the end, hey why not. I'm pretty sure many people who can afford these spendings care enough about benefits and even miles. And also the private jet card for 5h isnt bad. It's still a roundtrip DFW-MIA for someone who dont like to fly commercially
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I admit for me this spending isnt reachable but lets say for a higher situated couple with large spendings in clothing and some of the retail anyways, maybe in combination with a son/daughter it is very possible to take big advantage of this.
You mean, everyone who doesn't need the benefit (or may not even realize they have the benefit) will get the benefit!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You mean, everyone who doesn't need the benefit (or may not even realize they have the benefit) will get the benefit!
I dont think we can define the question of "need" here.

We are talking lets say about a spending of 400.000 $ in a good earning rate.

Where does it start that someone "needs" the miles/flights ? I guess the only way points would reach people who need them urgently is donating them on a private basis to people who dont have the funds to travel otherwise.

Just because people have the money to spend these 400K at Neimans in whatever time doesnt mean they dont recognize a private jet trip or 8 first class trips for free. I think it is the feeling hunting after something and accomplishment... why do we chase each single mile? Definetely not because it means life or dead for us. Its the same thing: The feeling to get additional benefits. Some have that some dont but its certainly not a question if someone is wealthy or not.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:53 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Virtually every dollar you spend on your Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf Goodman credit card earns one InCircle point. If you shop on a double-point day, you'll earn two points for every dollar spent on your card. ... Put this together with the payment of the AAdvantage Citi AMEX and you have 3 miles per $ spent !
How do you propose to use a Citi AAdvantage card if InCircle requires that the purchases be made using their own card? To my knowledge the only exceptions are The American Express Platinum and Centurion charge cards, but these exceptions would not apply to any other platinum colored Amex network card.

Last edited by mia; Dec 23, 2007 at 8:09 am Reason: Grammar
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good point as always mia.

http://www.incircle.com/store/catalo...incfooterguide

The InCircle program gives you one point for virtually every dollar charged on your Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf Goodman credit card (1 dollar = 1 point).
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
How do you propose to use a Citi AAdvantage card if InCircle requires that the purchases be made using their own card? To my knowledge the only exceptions are The American Express Platinum and Centurion charge cards, but these exceptions would not apply to any other platinum colored Amex network card.
Enlighten me ! They will need some form of payment or am I wrong How are you supposed to pay if not with your credit card ?
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:24 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
you must pay with your Neiman Marcus charge card to get InCircle points.
And you must redeem every year to get full value of points-roll over points loose value.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, US CP, *W Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
I'm a big InCircle fan...I used to order a lot of corporate gifts online (eBates usually has 2% back) and charged them on the NM card (that's the only way to get InCircle points). I now do most of my personal gift shopping (items + gift cards) and have them sent on frequently advertised 'free ship' days. Double points on yours/additional cardholders birthdays and at pre-announced times/events (they're good about emailing advance notice). The redemption rate for airline miles (UA or AA) isn't so great--$5000 spend gets you 5000 miles (valued around $85 if you consider miles worth 1.7 cents/mile), so I usually get the $125 NM gift card or a Spa Wish $150 cert. Either way, it's a great, but often overlooked program.

One of the best perks of InCircle membership (minimum $5000 spend/year) is an invite to their holiday parties...here's a blog report (w/photos) from earlier in the month. These are the only times I can get DogDad to set foot in the stores. (-:

http://dogmom11.typepad.com/dogmoms_...-marcus-h.html
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So this "card" that you apply for is like a credit card ?

Do they deduct it from your checking account then ?
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, US CP, *W Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Yes, it's a credit card like the Nordstrom, Macy's ones (good for shopping at their stores only) and you can get automated payment from your checking account. Unfortunately, the reward portion is not a separate program (like a mileage program), but is linked to your NM credit card. Good news is that points post quickly based on 'spend' not on 'paid', so you don't have to wait. Definitely check out combining your InCircle purchases w/eBates or occasionally bonus miles from the airlines (if you access the NM site from theirs)...this can extend the benefits.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

amex plat/cent just have to be registered (1 brief phone call) with NM to get incircle points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.