Search

Giftcertificates.com now charges $2 per for digital delivery

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 1:24 am

Last edited by nonyflyer; Sep 3, 2013 at 1:26 pm
Old Dec 5, 2007, 1:17 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Not necessarily accurate that you won't earn AA miles via the AA e-shopping portal when using an external discount code -- the answer as of this writing is we just do not know.

See my posts in the AA forum and the SPAM forum.

We do not know this for sure. It says no, but in practice, it is anybody's guess.

I would not count on it, but you never know.

After all, you are not allowed to earn IDINE miles when you use an Entertainment.com discount coupon or a Restaurant.com discount coupon, but in almost every instance I have tried -- but one -- the miles nevertheless have posted, less the coupon discount.
Your kind helpful post led me to ask a few more questions regarding e shopping and the Gift certs.com promo codes usage………

I received what sounds like very promising news from the good folks at Advantage Customer Service in Dallas.
First according to a long time associate E Shopping only tracks your final spend through these links. They have nothing to do with the decision of a given merchant & site to accept or decline a promotion. In other words if a merchant approves the transaction on their site and it goes through you get both the miles for the spend and whatever promotion you have qualified for through the code at the point of transaction.

The merchant can not say the customer received free shipping and 5% off so he now can’t qualify for the miles.
It’s apparently not set up that way at all.

If the merchant approves the transaction online and the customer receives confirmation the order has been fully consummated and approved.
My thanks to American for having well trained friendly customer service agents ^
I was even congratulated for hitting 3 million miles in the program

I just hope they are right!And it certainly all makes perfect sense to me
Now will see if we get the miles after that symposium!!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 7:06 pm

Programs: Peon in all
LIMITED TIME OFFER

GET $10 OFF* ORDERS OF $100 OR MORE!

OFFER CODE: PERFECT07

*Offer ends 11:59 p.m., December 9, 2007. Valid for one use per order. Offer not valid on previous purchases, American Express® Gift Cheques, GiftCertificates™ MasterCard® Gift Cards or corporate pricing. Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nonyflyer
there's also this new winter free shipping promotion on supercertificates. the promotional link activates the promotion and I think it has been successfully used with the coupon code for 5%... although that might have expired.
But if you use that link, you don't get AA miles. So what's the point?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 7:27 am

Programs: Peon in all
FOR A LIMITED TIME

GET 10% OFF* ON AN ORDER OVER $1OO

OFFER CODE: GIFT2007

*Offer ends December 31, 2007. Limited to one use per customer on an order between $100 and $1000. Offer not valid on previous purchases, American Express® Gift Cheques, GiftCertificates™ MasterCard® Gift Cards, Amazon®, Best Buy, Bahama Breeze, Chevron, Chili's, Circut City®, EBGames, GameStop, The Home Depot®, iTunes, JCPenney, Lowe's, Maggiano's Little Italy, Olive Garden, On The Border Mexican Grill, Red Lobster, Romano's Maccaroni Grill, Starbucks, Sears, Target or Wal-Mart. Not valid for corporate pricing. Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer.

Seems to have more "not including" restrictions?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Interesting, the product fee shows $10 per card, when I use Gift2007....

Their site really sucks.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 8:45 am

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ja_user
Interesting, the product fee shows $10 per card, when I use Gift2007....

Their site really sucks.
Wow, ...??? lol
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:21 am
Suspended

777 global mile hound --

Sorry I did not see your response sooner.

I just used the new 10% off code on a Sportsauthority giftcert.

The interesting thing is that on the AA.com portal, I now do not see any language stating that you cannot use an "outside" code for a giftcertificates.com transaction when using the AA potal to that site.

So, perhaps, since giftcerts is e-mailing these codes to its users -- that has been occuring with me, even though the codes are appearing on coupon sites -- they have advised AA.com to remove the "usual" language that the AA.com portals have with respect to "non-authorized" by AA.com, coupon codes.

In the end, only time will tell, but one now has a very good argument why they should receive AA miles when using the AA portal to giftcerts, even when using a coupon code not found on AA.com

Hello, 4 AA points/$ when using a MC to purchase a discounted gift cert -- Perhaps yes!?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:28 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
777 global mile hound --

Sorry I did not see your response sooner.

I just used the new 10% off code on a Sportsauthority giftcert.

The interesting thing is that on the AA.com portal, I now do not see any language stating that you cannot use an "outside" code for a giftcertificates.com transaction when using the AA potal to that site.

So, perhaps, since giftcerts is e-mailing these codes to its users -- that has been occuring with me, even though the codes are appearing on coupon sites -- they have advised AA.com to remove the "usual" language that the AA.com portals have with respect to "non-authorized" by AA.com, coupon codes.

In the end, only time will tell, but one now has a very good argument why they should receive AA miles when using the AA portal to giftcerts, even when using a coupon code not found on AA.com

Hello, 4 AA points/$ when using a MC to purchase a discounted gift cert -- Perhaps yes!?
I am not to concerned now after speaking to American as I feel they will stand behind me as they have in the past. Another reason why I am a big AA fan.^
Incidentally one of the great aspects with AA E Shopping is if E Shopping doesn't come through after the required time AA customer service has the empowerment to post the miles to your account and charge the cost of those miles back to the source.And to back that up with first hand experience I had them step in about a year ago and was impressed.
It posted either while I waited or within 24 hours

It was also pointed out to me by the folks at AA that you can see your transactions on the e shopping site by clicking on customer service.
Once you do go in and select merchant where it says "see my order"you can see your transaction(s) pending after you have put in any information they have asked you for.

It will probably give you more peace of mind for now. You can also print that out for later should a problem arise. By all means save all print outs of all transactions (though I know you probably do)
I am seeing those miles now in my future how about you?

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 17, 2007 at 12:34 pm
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:41 pm
Suspended

777 GH --

Thanks for the tip. Mine still has not shown up but I will check that from time to time.

NJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.