Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated]Ordering flowers online - best mileage/points deals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:07 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

[Consolidated]Ordering flowers online - best mileage/points deals

Regardless of the airline, any generous deals right now?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
AA has 20 miles per $1 at FTD
http://www.ftd.com/aapromo2/?campaig...0402aagreeting

They seem to have it every month, but you only get the e-mails notifying you of the offer after you've become a member or ordered through AA once.

You can order months in advance also. Upcoming birthdays, easter, mother's day, anniversary... or send flowers to the S.O. just because you're out of town. Easy way to rack up on miles (and brownie points) fast.
$59.99 flowers + $12 delivery = 1200 miles + brownie points

I've been ordering quite a bit lately... 1-800-flowers seems better IMO, and has better CS. I also received a $15 coupon code via Snail Mail after my first order, thanking me for purchasing with them.

http://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/details.jsp?mrc=157 - 1-800-Flowers 10 AAdvantage miles per $1 (includes gift cards)

Last edited by majikTib; Apr 5, 2007 at 10:39 am
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
There are lots of offers that change all the time. Depends what you value program wise. See - http://rewardsdb.com/category/Flowers/ for a list of all the flower stores that are partnered with rewards programs online.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I just sent via FTD. I think there was a 500 skymile bonus as well as 10 miles per dollar spent (excludes shipping).

There was another deal of 20 miles/dollar but the vendor was someone I've had issues with before.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
FTD: 25 UA miles per $
http://www.ftd.com/unitedemail/
Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, *wd gold
FTD for me

I've ordered via FTD several times this year @ 20 mi per $ + bonus. I order way in advance when the bonus offer comes up. I've used 1-800-Flowers, but the subcontractor they used did terrible work and the flowers were awful. CS was unconcerned. I'll stick with FTD as they've performed fine for me. Love the miles; love the bonuses.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
NWA and Delta are both running promos that essentially will give you 500 WorldPerks Miles, or 1000 Delta miles (but you have to complete 5 different offers for a total of 5000 points) for purchasing items (like flowers) thru their website...
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:49 am

I've never quite understood why people pay $60+shipping for flowers when ordering online. Around here I can usually spend $4-5 for a medium sized bundle of flowers that makes whatever girl I'm trying to impress smile. Even one of the fancy large thing of flowers is maybe $30. Delivery is free too. And if I am really feeling lazy, I can call in and place an order over the phone.

If I want to go to a mom and pop private flower store, I might spend $5-10 more. Even at the hospitals the prices don't seem to approach the online prices.

So why in the world do people buy flowers online? I can't imagine that flowers in my area are so much cheaper than others.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:51 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myfrogger

So why in the world do people buy flowers online? I can't imagine that flowers in my area are so much cheaper than others.
Same reason hotels can get away with charging $20 for wi-fi internet. Business expense. The only time I order flowers online is when I am sending them to a client.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I've never quite understood why people pay $60+shipping for flowers when ordering online. Around here I can usually spend $4-5 for a medium sized bundle of flowers that makes whatever girl I'm trying to impress smile. Even one of the fancy large thing of flowers is maybe $30. Delivery is free too. And if I am really feeling lazy, I can call in and place an order over the phone.

If I want to go to a mom and pop private flower store, I might spend $5-10 more. Even at the hospitals the prices don't seem to approach the online prices.

The people I send flowers to are halfway across the country. This is much cheaper than driving 700 miles with a $5 bouquet. I could call it in through a local florist, like I used to do 20 years ago, but there's an FTD (or teleflora) charge on that too. I must be nice to have all your loved ones and potential loved ones close by but that's not the case for everyone.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC

You get a medium bunch of flowers *delivered* for $4-5? Wow! Who's your florist?

Ron.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
You guys are all off-base: just poach flowers out of your neighbor's garden and mail them yourself! @:-)

I'm a Proflowers convert - simply because everything we've gotten from them kicks A. Roses that last two weeks, other arrangements that are bigger and more gorgeous than they looked online. They've always exceeded our expectations, unlike FTD which almost always seems to try and deliver the bare minimum and mediocre quality flowers.

The catch is that Proflowers tends to keep their prices somewhat lower than the others, so they never sell you huge amounts of FF miles with the purchase like FTD does. You can buy 10 AA miles per dollar if you like (through the AA online mall), usually at a cost of 15-20% of the purchase price. I usually take the % off.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 8:25 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, Jet Airways Platinum,
Originally Posted by newfbc
You get a medium bunch of flowers *delivered* for $4-5? Wow! Who's your florist?

Ron.
Self Delivery I presume.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:11 pm

I've never quite understood why people pay $60+shipping for flowers when ordering online.
when I go out of town for a prolonged period of time, I send a few flowers once or twice to the wife at work.

She gets flowers
She feels special
I get brownie points when Coworkers ""oooh and awww"
I get 1272 AA miles for $72 ($59 + 12 s/h + Citi card Mile per $)

That's why I order flowers online.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 6:34 am

Received this e-mail this morning for www.1800Flowers.com
Mother's Day Promo

--------------------------------------

And, don't forget, as an American Airlines AAdvantage® member you'll earn 15 miles for every $1.00** you spend on other select items from this Exclusive Collection when you enter Promotion code AA68 and your AAdvantage® number at checkout.
In addition, elite status members earn bonus miles:

100 bonus miles for AAdvantage Gold® members.
200 bonus miles for AAdvantage Platinum® members.
300 bonus miles for AAdvantage Executive Platinum® members.

**American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage® program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Executive Platinum are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.