Reload this Page >

[Consolidated]Ordering flowers online - best mileage/points deals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated]Ordering flowers online - best mileage/points deals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, lots of points, & timeshares I got for free. To talk travel deals, PM me!
Originally Posted by jan_believes
Just goes to show when one does something on the "fly" or procrastination regret, that something more valuable will be missed.

I used the WN 1750 points promo but used my WN Visa for the points on the actual flowers purchase. Service charge was about $22, ouch!

Should have used the AMEX offer and saved the $ since I am to receive the WN points anyway.
About the service charge, 1-800-Flowers has their "passport" membership where you pay $29.99 once and then get free delivery/no service charges for a year on orders placed at least two business days in advance.

The Passport membership won't provide free delivery for tomorrow, since it's less than two days out. Instead, I ordered DH a "belated Valentine's Day gift" of chocolate-covered strawberries to be delivered next week ($39.99 total). I also sent my veterinarian some potted daffodils ($29.99 total) as a Thank-You for helping my two cats live so long (nineteen years old each!) And I sent some potted hyacinths to my sister ($29.99 total.)

No frequent-flyer miles are offered for the Passport membership, but the other three orders I placed should get 1750 SW points each, which should put me over the top for a companion pass. Plus, I'm hoping to get the $15 Amex statement credit. And, I got 130 "Fresh Rewards points" -- once I reach 200 points (one point per dollar spent), I get a $20 GC for my next purchase.

If you do buy through 1800Flowers, be aware that some prices were hiked substantially just a couple of days ago. I'm hoping 1800flowers has good promos again when Mother's Day rolls around -- but I'm going to try ordering sooner, as soon as the promo comes out, rather than right before the holiday when prices are highest.

Last edited by JudyS; Feb 13, 2014 at 3:32 pm
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ac921ol
Im using the 30 miles per dollar and 250 bonus. thanks, was going to send flowers either way, its our anniversary and our first valentines day after getting married.
How long does it take for these bad boys to post?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Anyone's miles post from FTD yet
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
FTD posts my MileagePlus miles exactly two weeks after the flowers delivery date without fail.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Anyone having issues Re: southwest posting miles? Ordered Feb. 12...nothing towards Southwest yet
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:38 am
malikkhan

Flowersnext

Hi,

I have used recently flowersnext.com, I found this website reasonable rates and perfect time delivery no delays , I would recommend all you guys try this one at least one time ,

Cheers

Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
I ordered flowers to be delivered April 1 - miles only posted about 2 weeks ago after incessant emailing FTD from my part. They asked for my mileage info 4 times (once twice in one day!) with a template email. Not really impressed but I did get the miles in the end.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:49 pm

FWIW, I've used 1800Flowers and FTD in 2014 and had disastrous results both times. Not enough points in the world to make up for the aggravation. Both were for funerals of close relatives and in both cases the flowers failed to arrive. Took several weeks to get refund and, in case of 1800Flowers, had to appeal to cc with official protest as vendor kept promising to look into it and never did anything. I will not respond to these points offers in the future.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
1800Flowers via AA

Looks like AA is back with their Mother's Day 1800Flowers Promo. It's 30miles/$ spent via this link and is valid through May 10: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

This stacks nicely with the targeted AMEX promo for $15 off a purchase of $50+ on 1800Flowers.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:45 pm

Anyone getting an error when trying to checkout on 1800flowers using the AA link? The Promo code is supposed to be: "A54"

I get a pop-up that says "undefined"

http://i.imgur.com/tPIXcHv.png

I still get this error after i enter my AADvantage number into the "Membership" box and hit apply.

Thoughts?
Old May 4, 2015, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I got an email with the standard 30 AA per $ plus 200 extra miles for either being elite or having an AA credit card.

https://www.ftd.com/29666/?int=1

Because of the scammy way they price the flowers with junk fees (they're as bad as YQ ), it ends up being 25-ish miles per dollar. Decent enough to make using FTD a less-bad ripoff instead of an insane ripoff.

I will never consider earning miles for buying flowers a "great" deal, given how inexpensive it is to obtain flowers and plants entirely unbundled with miles. But if I get the 30 + 200 offer, I'll occasionally do it.

I used 1800flowers.com once. Once. Got a box of almost-dead flowers in the mail. Never again, even if it's completely free.
Old May 8, 2015, 5:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Duke787
Looks like AA is back with their Mother's Day 1800Flowers Promo. It's 30miles/$ spent via this link and is valid through May 10: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

This stacks nicely with the targeted AMEX promo for $15 off a purchase of $50+ on 1800Flowers.
Agreed. Good deal with the stack.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
I got an email with the standard 30 AA per $ plus 200 extra miles for either being elite or having an AA credit card.

https://www.ftd.com/29666/?int=1
This FTD link still good for AAx30. Thanks pinniped!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.