Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Fly the concorde JFK-LHR for $1259 courtesy of Randy

Fly the concorde JFK-LHR for $1259 courtesy of Randy

Old Apr 3, 2002, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by catwood:
I have been considering whether to post this...but if anyone has an extra subscription amongst their 20. I wouldn't mind having a copy to read...it would even make rounds amongst lots of people at work after I got done.</font>
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/006474.html
Old Apr 3, 2002, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just a clarification to someones earlier post; the class of service for award F travel on QF is Z. The agent also confirmed that BA 1/2 can be used under this code.

I get to fly Concorde YEAAAHHHHHH!

Anyone want to set up a trip over the weekend in late May?

Old Apr 3, 2002, 3:47 pm

Any idea if this is combinable with Starwoods "Nights and Flights".

"With Nights & Flights II, youll receive 50,000 airline miles and 5 free nights at a Category 4 hotel or resort. All for 70,000 Starpoints! "

So can I buy Nights & Flights II, get 50K miles x 2 (100K miles) on Qantas and get 5 nights all for 70K miles?
Old Apr 3, 2002, 4:19 pm

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others
From the SPG web site:

"Only airlines with a 1 Starpoint to 1 Airline mile transfer ratio may be used for a Nights & Flights Award."
Old Apr 3, 2002, 4:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
If I'm reading the Qantas charts right, you can get a short-hop (&lt;1k OW flight) on AA for 20,000 points RT. This is equal to 10k Starpoints. In order to get the same flight (booking through AAdvantage) it would take 25k Starpoints. True?
Old Apr 3, 2002, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rocky:
If I'm reading the Qantas charts right, you can get a short-hop (&lt;1k OW flight) on AA for 20,000 points RT. This is equal to 10k Starpoints. In order to get the same flight (booking through AAdvantage) it would take 25k Starpoints. True?</font>
True!!
Old Apr 3, 2002, 9:34 pm

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
The math looks OK to me. To get the 62,500 Starpoints, you only need 52,500 Starpoints! When you transfer them to a FF program, you get a 5,000-Starpoint bonus per 20,000 transferred:

http://www.starwood.com/preferredgue..._checkRoc.html

"For every 20,000 Starpoints, Starwood will award you with an additional 5,000 Starpoints, which will automatically be added to your transfermaking a free flight that much closer."

Kathy

</font>
The math does indeed look OK - but I'm sure that last time I looked, the bonus 5K for every 20K transferred (for SPG Elites) only applied to points earned directly form Starwood, not 3rd parties. Or has this changed now?

I looked at transferring MR points into *Wood, then over to BA, but decided against for this reason.

Sorry to rain on the parade - but after all, you can't transfer 'em back, can you?

Ken.

"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it" - Tom Lehrer
Old Apr 3, 2002, 11:06 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Since Randy's offer is in conjunction with Starwood, points earned ARE considered *wood points, NOT 3rd party points and are hence ELIGIBLE for the 5K bonus for each 20K redeemed.

This info is straight from the IF office!!!

Old Apr 4, 2002, 1:09 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rocky:
If I'm reading the Qantas charts right, you can get a short-hop (&lt;1k OW flight) on AA for 20,000 points RT. This is equal to 10k Starpoints. In order to get the same flight (booking through AAdvantage) it would take 25k Starpoints. True?</font>
I'm not QUITE sure how the Qantas award table works. You may be able to get a free connecting flight on AA as the award table applies to "BA/AA/QF" - but doesn't say whether or not you are allowed to use more than one of these airlines. I've only done it from LHR to JFK myself. In any event, you can use the OneWorld award table to create an intinerary from just about anywehre in the world and include a Concorde flight.

I just hope you don't all take advantage of this - I just know next time I try to book an award ticket on Concorde that there will be no seats left for us true Qantas FFs !

[This message has been edited by ozzie (edited 04-04-2002).]
Old Apr 4, 2002, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Also, the 125,000 mile award is good for up to 10,000 mile journeys. So those of us from the left coast will have to make our way to a departure point within that limit.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 1:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
ozzie -

i wasn't asking about connections. forget the concorde thing all together.

the question is how many starpoints would i have to travel for a 1,000 mile flight solely on AA. i know that if i transfer to AA directly, i would have to transfer 20k (+5k bonus). my reading of the tables suggests that the number i'd have to transfer only 10k.

essentially i can get a short-hop domestic (US)RT for only 10k.

[This message has been edited by rocky (edited 04-04-2002).]
Old Apr 4, 2002, 2:28 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
ozzie -

i wasn't asking about connections. forget the concorde thing all together.

the question is how many starpoints would i have to travel for a 1,000 mile flight solely on AA. i know that if i transfer to AA directly, i would have to transfer 20k (+5k bonus). my reading of the tables suggests that the number i'd have to transfer only 10k.

essentially i can get a short-hop domestic (US)RT for only 10k.

[This message has been edited by rocky (edited 04-04-2002).]
</font>
Up to 2000 miles is 20000 points. So yes - I guess you are correct.

Old Apr 4, 2002, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
Nice job johnep1.

Starwood question? I don't use my account much but I remember some people having trouble getting the 5K bonus on 20K if the 20K didn't come from hotel stays.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Apr 4, 2002, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beaubo:
Since Randy's offer is in conjunction with Starwood, points earned ARE considered *wood points, NOT 3rd party points and are hence ELIGIBLE for the 5K bonus for each 20K redeemed.

This info is straight from the IF office!!!

</font>
Hmmmmmmmm.

Well in that case, I think IF is likely to be getting a new subscriber (or, indeed, a FEW new subscribers) very soon!

Cheers Mr. Petersen, sir!

Ken.

"When the flying gets tough, the tough use their upgrades" - Moi
Old Apr 5, 2002, 8:38 am
Original Poster

So how many people are doing this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.