Wiki Posts
Search

Is First Class Flyer a scam?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Is First Class Flyer a scam?

I always see links and ads for First Class Flyer (and also on EBay). Does anyone have any experience with this? I assume that all information you get from First Class Flyer can be obtained for free from FT...
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
This site is a topic of discussion every few months on FT. As it's not related to AA, you might do a search and look at some of the previous discussions.

Here's one previous thread in Miles Buzz, and it has several links to other discussions within it:

www.firstclassflyer.com/legitimate?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:15 am

From what I've seen (based on previous discussion of it here on FT), it's no more than what you can read or search for here.

Mike
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:28 am

The links lead to old threads that lead to even older threads. Although AA might not be the proper forum for this new thread, maybe someone with more recent information could post a reply?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
The links lead to old threads that lead to even older threads. Although AA might not be the proper forum for this new thread, maybe someone with more recent information could post a reply?
I subscribe to First Class Flyer. It's overpriced, but it's not a scam. The guy who puts it out comes up with creative ideas that I don't find here, because he talks a lot about which frequent flyer program to join even if you fly mostly on a different airline. For example, he thinks a lot of people who are in the Aadvantage program would be better off joining the Cathay Pacific program. He also had some good ideas about buying Mexicana miles (which used to be very cheap) in order to fly on American or British Airways. He focuses on the cheapest way to get from one place to another in business or first class. I find the publication entertaining and useful, but I'm not sure how good a value it is.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Since this is not specifically related to American / AAdvantage, and several threads on this topic alread exist on MilesBuzz, this is where this thread is going for adoption in its new home. Thank you.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 2:01 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by workandski
I subscribe to First Class Flyer. It's overpriced, but it's not a scam. The guy who puts it out comes up with creative ideas that I don't find here, because he talks a lot about which frequent flyer program to join even if you fly mostly on a different airline. For example, he thinks a lot of people who are in the Aadvantage program would be better off joining the Cathay Pacific program. He also had some good ideas about buying Mexicana miles (which used to be very cheap) in order to fly on American or British Airways. He focuses on the cheapest way to get from one place to another in business or first class. I find the publication entertaining and useful, but I'm not sure how good a value it is.
The advantages of joining the Cathay Pacific program while flying AA have been discussed extensively in a thread here on FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 2:16 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Djlawman
The advantages of joining the Cathay Pacific program while flying AA have been discussed extensively in a thread here on FlyerTalk.
I would like to read that thread.
It would make sense for some travelers.Though the expiring miles every year leaves me a little hesitant.Otherwise I might consider it myself
Old Nov 27, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Nope, FCF is NOT a scam. He DOES come up with creative ways about thinking of getting FC seats. If it gets you ONE upgrade or FC ticket it is worth it. If not, probably not. If you travel more than 3-4 International trips a year, especially on more than a single route or on various airlines, you really should give it a try.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 925
Nope, FCF is NOT a scam. He DOES come up with creative ways about thinking of getting FC seats. If it gets you ONE upgrade or FC ticket it is worth it. If not, probably not. If you travel more than 3-4 International trips a year, especially on more than a single route or on various airlines, you really should give it a try.
Thanks for the advice. Search is down right now. Does anyone have a link to the Cath Pac vs. AAdvantage thread?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:07 am

Programs: UA GS, NWA Platinum, Delta Gold,
FCF is for Real with some really great Ideas for WBC or First

know the guy for many years and Iam a subscriber to his service saved me a ton of money for some international trips it's worth the money, I believe.

Last edited by globalshopping; Nov 28, 2006 at 6:48 am
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I subscribe as well and I have gotten alot of useful information from it. I am sure much of the same information is available here and at other places however, just the fact that he condenses the info into a 7 or 8 page pdf monthly is well worth the $99. I love surfing the forums and learning more secrets and tips but it's very easy to miss information. I mostly fly CO because im based out of NJ so I don't always pay as much attention to say United or American as i should. It's easy to miss a thread on those airlines if your not really paying close attention to them.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:19 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I would like to read that thread.
It would make sense for some travelers.Though the expiring miles every year leaves me a little hesitant.Otherwise I might consider it myself
I have also been searching for this thread also... can someone please post a link?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
link

Originally Posted by Elena
I have also been searching for this thread also... can someone please post a link?
id like the link too, i do 3-4 international a year

c
Old Dec 7, 2006, 7:44 am

You can sign up and see an issue and if its not for you, then I believe you have 14 days to cancel without paying. I recieved my first issue and I agree that if his information leads to one upgrade to biz or FC, then its worth the yearly fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.