Best way to convert Marriott points into Starwood...

Subscribe

I have 20000 Marriott Rewards points that I would like to convert. On their site they have a 1-4 ratio which will give me 5000
Airline miles. Which airline allows you to convert their miles into Starwood points?

------------------
As far as I know, there is none.

You can not convert airline miles to Starwood, but can convert Starwood to airline miles just like Marriott. The only Hotel Program that will allow you to do this is HiltonHonors.

British Air lets you use points for starwood stays. This is not a conversion. 10,000-50,000 depending on where you stay.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MONACO00:
Which airline allows you to convert their miles into Starwood points?
</font>
Technically you can convert for some airlines through Diners Club, but the penalty is very high (i.e. conversion rate is very poor).
Well, seems like I was mistaken. Don't listen to me next time

Where can I find more information on using BA miles for Starwood stays? I cannot find anything on BA's website.
You could convert 5000 UA or AA miles to 5000 DC ClubRewards points which would convert to 1,500 SPG points ... 20,000 Marriott MR points = 1,500 SPG points ... not a good idea IMHO.
I have a brochure from BA from last year. It says to call starwood at 1-800-521-9672 and ask which BAEC award rate plan is eligible for the hotel you want to stay at. See if hotle is available at that rate and then call BA to redeem your hotel award certificate. Present cert. at check in.
points code Catagory
10,000 BAEC1 1
20,000 BAEC2 2
25,000 BAEC3 3
30,000 BAEC4 4
50,000 BAEC5 5
American airlines lets you use points for tis too. Check the OFF guide for this past year.