Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Google - Unlimited Free Transaction Processing till 12/31

Google - Unlimited Free Transaction Processing till 12/31

Old Jul 17, 2007, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, UA 1k
It appears that you have to link your google checkout account with an AdWords account, and actually spend money through adwords to qualify for the free processing.

http://checkout.google.com/support/s....py?topic=8665
Old Nov 10, 2007, 5:31 pm

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
I just tried this. Created a merchant account using my legit LLC name and EIN, but stupidly used an existing account for that. I think I would have been much better off creating an entirely new account. I did use different address information and such, and changed the name on the account.

Paid myself $5k twice, both went through. Paid myself $10k, got flagged as high risk and cancelled. Tried $5k again, flagged as high risk again.

Both initial $5ks that went through took a couple hours, so they were obviously manually reviewed.

Then I got the dreaded letter... about the $10k transaction. Now I'm concerned that the $5k that I did after that will get my account closed. Oh well.

So be warned: they are very good at cross-referencing, apparently even against historical account data since the warning email referred to me by my first name, even though I had changed the account name to my company name. (Even the first/last name on the primary account info.)

Next step if the account isn't closed is to start trying to trade money with a friend. He already got his one and only self-transaction flagged (but they let it through), so their fraud department is probably well acquainted with us already.

I'm also tempted to create a new merchant account and start sending myself smaller amounts, say, $1000 at a time, to see if that sets anything off.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 9:21 pm

Please submit a follow report if you can. Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:07 pm

Programs: CO PLT,DL Plat (status match),BD Gold, Amex Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
any progress with your mission?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Just a reminder, fees start tomorrow:

Standard credit card processing fees (Applicable February 1, 2008)
Beginning February 1, 2008, when you use Google Checkout to process your sales, you'll only be charged a low 2% + $0.20 per transaction. With Google Checkout, there are no monthly, setup, or gateway service fees.
If you're an AdWords advertiser, you will also be eligible for free transaction processing for some or all of your Google Checkout sales each month. For every $1 you spend on AdWords each month, you can process $10 in sales the following month for free through Google Checkout. This standard, non-promotional type of free transaction processing may be updated from time to time.

Sales Through Google Checkout Transaction Fees
Sales of up to 10 times your monthly AdWords spend FREE
in excess of 10 times your monthly AdWords spend 2% + $0.20 per transaction

Credit card processing fees for non-profits
All Checkout sellers can process their Checkout transactions for free until February 1, 2008. Non-profit organizations will receive free credit card processing for all donations received through Checkout for an additional year, until 2009.

Other Fees
With its proprietary fraud detection technology, Google Checkout works to protect you from unwarranted chargebacks. In cases where you are found liable for a chargeback, you'll be charged the full amount of the chargeback plus an additional $10 chargeback fee. Learn more about how Google Checkout protects you from fraud with our Chargeback Resolution Policy and Payment Guarantee Policy.

Google Checkout offers you the ability to partially capture funds and explicitly reauthorize an order if the initial 7-day authorization window expires. You will be charged $0.20 each time you use these features.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 5:07 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
2% isn't horrible if you just need to top off miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.