Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA Baggage Storage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2001, 11:47 am
Original Poster

MIA Baggage Storage

On December 25th, we are flying from JFK to GUA for a four-day stop over before continuing on to GIG (using miles thank you FT) using MIA as a gateway for both segments. Because of our itinerary in GUA we would like to leave the larger luggage in MIA for the four days and then pick it up when we continue on to GIG. I was given a number by AA to call a baggage vendor at MIA to confirm that they are open on Christmas but nobody ever answers the phone. Besides not bringing the larger luggage, does anybody have any ideas about our options at MIA?

------------------
AA-Plat;Stawrood-Plat
Old Dec 23, 2001, 12:52 am

I'm not making fun, but honestly do you wanna leave your luggage alone in Miami? It's the number one airport in the USA for stolen and misplaced luggage. The scary thing about this is that it's not outside people who do it. It's the people who work at the airport. I've had problems with MIA before. TRUST ME I live in Miami
Old Dec 23, 2001, 9:41 am
Original Poster

thanks for your response but I feel like my choice is between leaving the luggage in MIA or GUA. While both choices are not good, my chances seem better in MIA. Maybe at the on site airport?
Old Dec 23, 2001, 10:26 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
I would have to add to umguys comments about MIA. As well, given all the concern around luggage lately, you probably save yourself a tremdous amount of problems by just bringing it with you. If worst comes to worse I would ship some back, but dont leave leave it anywhere.
Old Dec 23, 2001, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
You might try calling the on-premises airport hotel (accessible from the AA ticket counter area), to see if they would store it for you. If you have trouble finding their telephone number, re-post here and I'm sure someone will find their contact details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.