FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Midway's New Frequent Flyer Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/5526-midways-new-frequent-flyer-program.html)

greggwiggins Dec 21, 2001 10:55 am

Midway's New Frequent Flyer Program

The revived Midway Airlines appears to be frequent flying solo. Its program is segment-based, there's no partnership with another carrier's FF program at the new Midway, no upgrade awards, and it's very restrictive. If I read this right, you'd better be planning to fly them at least six times a year if you want to earn any awards because segment credits expire after 12 months. And while it's possible to earn a ticket to any "mainland" US destination, that ticket has to be from Raleigh and be "nonstop, one-stop or a single connection."

I liked flying Midway and regretted that they weren't including the Washington area in their restart attempt -- but after seeing this maybe I'm better off. They'd better succeed by competing through low prices because this does not look like a frequent flyer program that is going to make people pick Midway over the competition -- if anything, I think it might do the opposite.

Here's more information, taken from their website.

###BEGIN EXCERPT###

Earning Credits
Present your Midway Frequent Flyer number to Midway Airlines when you check-in at the airport to ensure credit for your travel.

Earn 1 credit for each flight. For the Midway Frequent Flyer Program, a flight is defined as travel between an origin city and a destination city and includes any intermediate stops or connections.

The following types of travel are not eligible for credit: Employee, non-revenue, industry discount, free tickets, awards, and deeply discounted promotional fares.

All credits expire within 12 months of travel.

Travelers must maintain separate accounts. Customers may not combine credits in a single account.

If your Frequent Flyer number appears on your boarding pass, you have received credit for that flight.

Receiving Awards
Upon accruing 12 Credits in an account, Midway Airlines will automatically send an award voucher to the customer for 1 roundtrip award valid wherever Midway flies in the USA.

Midway will not replace lost, stolen, or damaged award vouchers.

Accumulate 2 valid award vouchers (24 Credits) in your name for a ticket between Raleigh/Durham (RDU) and anywhere in the mainland US served nonstop, one-stop or a single connection by a domestic airline.

Redeeming Awards
Call 888-864-3929 to redeem award vouchers.

Awards are subject to availability. Blackout dates apply on a few peak travel holidays.

Award vouchers and award tickets are valid for 1 year from date of issue.

Award vouchers may be exchanged for award tickets in the name of any individual.

Customer is responsible for payment of any taxes, surcharges, and passenger facility charges associated with an award ticket.

Any changes to an award ticket will be subject to change fees and possible increases in the airfare.

In addition if you choose to use 2 vouchers (12 Credits) for travel on another airline (Vouchers must have same name):

Call between 9am and 5pm no fewer than 30 days in advance of desired departure date.
Customer is responsible for making any changes to awards directly with other airline.

Midway accepts no responsibility or liability for losses incurred with travel on other airlines.

Midway will accommodate award requests with the lowest applicable published coach fare. A minimum of a Saturday night stay and a maximum of 30 days stay are required.
Midway will attempt to accommodate requests, but customer must be willing to accept alternative dates, times, airlines depending on the availability of the lowest published fare.

###END EXCERPT###

duxfan Dec 21, 2001 12:37 pm

does anyone really think they'll be around long enough to either earn the free ticket, let alone use it?

afang Dec 21, 2001 4:18 pm

This program thing reminds me of WN.

And unfortunately, they are no WN.

MisterNice Dec 22, 2001 5:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by afang:
This program thing reminds me of WN.

And unfortunately, they are no WN.
</font>
Huh?

MisterNice

0524 Dec 22, 2001 1:10 pm

I won't fly Midway unless they re-up with AAdvantage.