Wiki Posts
Search

Average SEA security delay?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2001, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Average SEA security delay?

I have two upcoming trips to SEA. I'm currently booked on the redeye coming home, but would really like to take the 1:15pm SEA-ATL flight instead-- assuming I can get to the airport and through security in time. What kinds of wait times are folks seeing for flights originating in SEA?
Old Nov 14, 2001, 3:59 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
2 minutes the last two times. Concourse B, late weekday afternoon (not Friday).
Old Nov 14, 2001, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
25 - 45 minutes seems to be the range I have had to wait. The 45 min wait is the usual 5-7AM & 4-6PM wait. These lines look enormous but if you stay Left most line going to the N & D gates you'll move the fastest (always breaks into two lines, the right line only breaks into two lines sometimes and gets all the crew and GA traffic) Most the the other time its not to bad.

C concourse can be accessed from the N & D security line so if pick which ever appears shorter. Stay to the Left if you do choose the C concourse line for the same reasons as above.

S concourse, no clue. Maybe someone else can help with that.
Old Nov 14, 2001, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dudemon:
25 - 45 minutes seems to be the range I have had to wait. </font>
I can probably make my flight, then, since it's not in the early morning or late afternoon bloc. I'll be on DL, which is in B concourse; lines there seemed to be fairly short pre-9/11.
Old Nov 14, 2001, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I have been on about 30 flights since 911 and my usual security wait at SEA is 5 minutes or less. We did once have to wait about 15-20 minutes, and I bellieve that was at about 10:00 am on a Saturday at the C (AS) gates portal. As I recall the N (UA) lines were about twice that long that morning.

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 11-14-2001).]
Old Nov 15, 2001, 2:00 am
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
Please see also

http://www.flyertalk.com/airports/ft...ML/000009.html
Old Nov 15, 2001, 7:47 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Please also see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/005650.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.