Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Markus1301
Does anyone have experience with Kempinski matching status??

I'm RA right now and have some possible upcoming Kempinski nights. Does Kempinski match RA's???

Any thoughts are welcome.

Markus
Does Kempinski have it's own program? I know they are part of the Global Hotel Alliance. Anyone have luck matching with that program?
Old Aug 29, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any recent info on Hyatt matching Diamond? I'm SPG Platinum, the last report on this thread was a negative in Oct 09.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:02 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any recent info on Hyatt matching Diamond? I'm SPG Platinum, the last report on this thread was a negative in Oct 09.
If you are refering to my post, please be advised that although I spent 64 hotel nights at different chains before the status match request, I was NOT in an elite status with any of them then. The info posted by the OP gleff still remains in effect.

Sorry for the confussion.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i enquired about this last year & hyatt said all i had to do was either mail or fax them proof of my plat status with spg & they would go ahead with the status match....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: NZ G,AS G,DC OK+,FB G,VS S,BD G, SU G
Anyone tried to get status match from A-Club Platinum?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by meir13
Anyone tried to get status match from A-Club Platinum?
Yes, but not possible :-(
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: AX CNT|DL P|CO P|US CP|AT E|HH D|SPG P|RC 5C|HY D|PC P|AVS PC|HZ 1G|PRPCLB BLK|USCLB LIFE
Sent a scan of my HH Diamond Card to Hyatt, they sent me back this:
The recent tier match/switch program has been discontinued as of September 13, 2010. Members must call Gold passport Customer Service at 1-800-232-3360. Instructions will be provided for the procedure.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

John Anselment
Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service
I asked (a supervisor) if they could still match since I was only a day late from the cutoff and they said for me to send in my most recent HH activity, which I did.

A few hours later:

On behalf of Hyatt Gold Passport®, I am pleased to inform you that your account has been upgraded to Diamond membership through February 28, 2012. As a member of our most elite tier, you will be instantly recognized as one of our most valued guests at any Hyatt worldwide.

Diamond membership entitles you to the very best services and benefits at Hyatt, including free Internet access and free upgrades to Regency®/Grand® Club or complimentary continental breakfast where there is no Regency/ Grand Club. In addition, you will receive a 30% point bonus on your stays and enjoy the convenience of 48-hour guaranteed room availability at non-resort properties.

As such, we will only be able to extend this invitation to join the Diamond tier under these special circumstances one time. In order to continue to receive exclusive Diamond membership benefits, simply complete 25 stays or 50 nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide during the course of the calendar year.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt, and we hope you enjoy the privileges of Diamond membership when staying at any Hyatt worldwide.
Better hurry...and Good Luck!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: AX CNT|DL P|CO P|US CP|AT E|HH D|SPG P|RC 5C|HY D|PC P|AVS PC|HZ 1G|PRPCLB BLK|USCLB LIFE
Just did this...EASY as pie...just sent in a copy of my HH Diamond card...matched to BW Diamond within 24 hours!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MB4674
Sent a scan of my HH Diamond Card to Hyatt, they sent me back this:
Quote:
The recent tier match/switch program has been discontinued as of September 13, 2010. Members must call Gold passport Customer Service at 1-800-232-3360. Instructions will be provided for the procedure.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

John Anselment
Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service

I asked (a supervisor) if they could still match since I was only a day late from the cutoff and they said for me to send in my most recent HH activity, which I did.

Better hurry...and Good Luck!

I'm confused...is Hyatt no longer allowing status matching?? Or has the procedure simply changed for getting a status match?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:34 am
Used to be hamajicky

I just tried to status match with Hyatt from Priority Club platinum--they said they are not doing status matches anymore.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hamajicky
I just tried to status match with Hyatt from Priority Club platinum--they said they are not doing status matches anymore.
i don't believe they ever status matched with priority club....
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:54 pm

They did once, my Royal Ambassador.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 3:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tpat
I'm confused...is Hyatt no longer allowing status matching?? Or has the procedure simply changed for getting a status match?
They are now providing a challenge-type arrangement. Stay X amount of times within Y period of time and get regular Diamond status.

I wouldn't be surprised if this change has something to do with the Hyatt credit card sign-up benefit for Diamond members (two free nights in suites).
Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:04 pm
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by hamajicky
So this is confusing. I talked to them on the phone and they said no more status matching as of 9/16. Then yesterday i get an email matching me to platinum until nov 30 and if i stay 6 nights between now and then I will get platinum until feb 2012.

Good thing i had 6 nights already reserved before i got that email!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:29 pm

I sent an email to [email protected] with a scan of the front and back of my Hilton Honors Diamond card and a screen capture of my Hilton stay history. An hour later I received a reply that SPG had upgraded my SPG Gold to SPG Platinum through 2011.
The only thing that could make me happier is if Planet Hollywood in Vegas and the Resort at Singer Island in FL were still Starwood properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.