Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:11 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by the4aces
Any way to keep Marriott status if it is currently set to expire next year? I plan on spending more there next year?
You might be able to buy-back your elite level as people were able to for this year per: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...back-back.html
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I had Best western plat and marriott silver, i sent message to hilton for match, they agreed to a fast track to gold, with 10 nights or 5 stays. I replied if its possible to match to silver in meantime, and they agreed.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I had Best western plat and marriott silver, i sent message to hilton for match, they agreed to a fast track to gold, with 10 nights or 5 stays. I replied if its possible to match to silver in meantime, and they agreed.
How funny. That's a status match? There are open-to-all fast tracks to Gold that take only 4 stays!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ges-comps.html

Yet a status match fast track to Gold takes 5 stays? What's status matchy about that???
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by sdsearch
How funny. That's a status match? There are open-to-all fast tracks to Gold that take only 4 stays!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ges-comps.html

Yet a status match fast track to Gold takes 5 stays? What's status matchy about that???
They told me usually to get gold 10 stays or 20 nights are needed, but they could offer me the aforementioned fast track - i don't know if there were any open-to-all fast track available at the time (2 months ago)
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:40 am

Will SPG Gold status match to anything else? or is it not a high enough level?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 4:20 pm

Which programs only offer status match once per lifetime?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by joscofra
Will SPG Gold status match to anything else? or is it not a high enough level?
I was matched from SPG gold to Hilton Diamond for their status challenge. So you get diamond for 90 days and then need 8 nights to keep it after that.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:26 pm

Does Hyatt do any status match at all, e.g. from SPG Platinum or Hilton Diamond?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat
Platinum on SPG, status match approved within 5 days to Hilton Diamond
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Pleb
Originally Posted by dnp987
Platinum on SPG, status match approved within 5 days to Hilton Diamond
I'm curious, was the duration of your status matched as well? I've seen reports elsewhere that they still issue a challenge if you want to keep diamond status beyond three months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.