Reload this Page >

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2006, 2:43 pm

Programs: NH DIA SFC (*G), JL JGC (OW Sapphire), AMEX PLT, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold
More upto date info re:Shangri-la status match:

I tried to get a comp with them a few months ago, but they said that they don't match based on other companies' statii.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Has anyone sucessfully bargained down requirements??

Called Hilton to get them to match my SPG Plat status and they gave me a challenge...10 stays or 20 nights in 90 days which seems pretty steep...now 15 nights I could probably manage but not 20...so has anyone ever got them to go down from their original amounts??
Old Feb 7, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Sixt Platinum, Lufthansa FTL
Hi, Just got Starwood gold through Ameniti. Will Hilton match my status and to what?? What about other Programmes? Can someone tell me what to do with matching the best with a starwood gold??? Btw I have no stays on record

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
One time only for Hyatt

Originally Posted by gleff
Hyatt

If you can demonstrate elite status with another chain and 10 stays or 30 nights within the past 12 months, Hyatt will comp you to Diamond status.

Send a fax with a copy of your elite statement (online statement is fine) and elite card to the Hyatt Account Services Desk (402-593-9449).
Note that Hyatt will do this one time only (they expect your business after that...).
Dear GJS - yow,

On behalf of Hyatt Gold Passport®, I am pleased to inform you that your account has been upgraded to Diamond membership through February 2006. As a member of our most elite tier, you will be instantly recognized as one of our most valued guests at any Hyatt worldwide.

Diamond membership entitles you to the very best services and benefits at Hyatt, including free upgrades to Regency®/Grand® Club or complimentary Continental Breakfast where there is no Regency/ Grand Club. In addition, you will receive a 30% point bonus on your stays and enjoy the convenience of 72-hour guaranteed room availability.

As such, we will only be able to extend this invitation to join the Diamond tier under these special circumstances one time. In order to continue to receive exclusive Diamond membership benefits, simply complete 25 stays or 50 nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide during the course of the next calendar year.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt, and we hope you enjoy the privileges of Diamond membership when staying at any Hyatt worldwide.

Sincerely yours,

Friendly Agent
Gold Passport Customer Service
If anyone has other experience with Hyatt, I would welcome hearing about it. You may notice that I am about to lose my status, which I enjoyed as much as I could last year , but Hyatt just didn't have hotels in many of the locations I travelled to.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: Starwood GOLD, Air Canada Aeroplan El, HHonors, Priority Club, Hyatt GOLD, Best Western
Originally Posted by Jossijoe
Hi, Just got Starwood gold through Ameniti. Will Hilton match my status and to what?? What about other Programmes? Can someone tell me what to do with matching the best with a starwood gold??? Btw I have no stays on record

Thanks
I too have Starwood Gold through the Ameniti trial. I did attempt to get it matched at other hotel chains, but found they do want you to fax in the detail of stays at the other properties. So, unless I am missing something, there is no way to have your category matched for other chains, without having had the qualifying stays.
Canada1
Old Mar 15, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Thanks Gleff

Nice to have this all on one thread. Thanks for your work. I'm a bit reluctant to post. I dont usually do things the same way as most FT'ers. With the risk of being bashed for being a bragger (which I'm not) I'll share my experience. I've been Diamond with Hilton for ten years, on my own dime. I am very happy with them. Sometime's however other choices are necessary. I have been status matched with the following. Marriott Gold over the phone instantly. GCCI over the phone Platinum w/ only fifteen more nights for Diamond. (I know BW, but they have 1700 hotels in Europe, some very nice) Starwood--- I've been Gold with them for years based on my Airline. I never stay there? I qualify for their match easily, but as a Plat I'd most likely still not stay there. They just dont seem to be where or when I want them. Last nite I managed to get my son Compted to Hilton Gold over the phone. He has no stays with Hilton at all. We are booking a honeymoon gift in Europe this fall. Explained this to Hilton. They understood Upgrades as Gold is a good perk and compted him based on my Diamond status. Very nice of them. Well thats that. It seems that most Hotels want your business and will offer you what you want: if they see it as bringing steady $ into their coffers

Last edited by giggy; Mar 15, 2006 at 1:06 pm
Old Mar 15, 2006, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Btw

When is this thread going to get it's own space. Nothing is worse than reading 10000 airline status posts. ^
Old Mar 16, 2006, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by giggy
When is this thread going to get it's own space. Nothing is worse than reading 10000 airline status posts. ^
Isn't that what I did by creating this thread, separating it out from the airline discussions?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 6:13 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was successful in faxing in my IC/Priority Club Platinum Ambassador statement to Hyatt to receive a full year of Hyatt Diamond status. I had roughly 75 nights and over 150,000 points in the last 4 months with at least another 14 nights booked.

This thread was very very useful. I was a Hyatt Platinum until Feb of this year. I'm just finishing up my assignment that has had me for several months living at an IC property but I'll be doing several business trips to Vancouver where I'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency.

Thanks to gleff for this thread.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:34 am

hotel/airline status matches?

I'm planning a oneworld RTW trip taking in various countries in Europe, Asia, Oz/NZ & South America and will end up staying in quite a few hotels along the way. It would make sense to stick to one brand, and they'll get a fair amount of business out of me...

I don't have any elite hotel program status yet but am a Gold member of the BA Executive Club.

Do any of the major hotel groups offer BAEC silver/gold members status match or a quick path to elite status?

Any other suggestions appreciated, thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Officially probably not, although hotel programs do occasionally target elite members of airline programs for special status mailings.

Seems to me you should call and ask Starwood, Hilton, and Priority Club. And if you're told no the first time call back and ask again.

Starwood and Hilton have both been known to give Gold status for simply asking when you get a sufficiently empowered CSR and they're given a reason. Priority Club I add just 'cause it's the least meaningful status so one hunch might be it wouldn't be hard to get.

And if the calls fail, send a fax.

Then report back!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 6:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Has anyone specifically received a Hilton Diamond status match or Fast Track to Diamond within the last 30 days?
Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: *Wood Platinum, AA Platium, HH Gold
i recently applied to have my hilton diamond matched to obtain starwood platinum. i faxed my required docs about 2 weeks ago. i was wondering if there is anyone to contact to at least know whether my request was recieved over at starwood.

thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
I have done both Matching Diamond to Starwood and then to Marriott. There are some weird reasons, but Starwood was great, until my job changed and the hotels in the area... So I tried to stay at Hilton and was not impressed by their properties.. so tried Marriott (with a couple stays as a Non-Elite) and booked some more.. then called them and faxed my stays. The next day, they called back and I was Platinum.. sweet.. easily will make that this year... (and prob Starwood Plat too).

Anyway, if you do request a match, make sure you state you are unhappy with your current chain, disappointed in the lack of quality benefits and hotels, and tried this chain and was impressed and would like to request a good faith match of status.... Of course what I said was very true... so good luck!
Old May 10, 2006, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Additional Methods for achieving Silver and Gold on Hilton

Owing a Hilton Grand Vacation Club (HGVC) Timeshare automatically provides you Hilton Status.

All HGVC Owners automatically gets Silver status with no night stays required.
HGVC Elite Owners (those owing >14K HGVC Timeshare points) automatically get Gold Status, with no stays required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.