Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Hotel Status Match Master Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Platinum Challenge Failed, will Marriott give you a second chance?

Anyone knows if you failed to achieve 18 nights in 3 months to maintain the Platinum status, will Marriott offer you a second challenge after you are being downgraded back to Gold level?

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Starwood Platinum Match - Elite Members: Shangri-La Hotels' Golden Circle

Just saw this post from Starwood Flyertalk Forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...lick-here.html
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:23 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by gleff
Actually I checked and the offer expired Sept. 32nd.

Seriously, don't ask, just submit and request.
I did fax my request and here's the response:

Dear Mr. Kalboz:

I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to upgrade your account to our Diamond level and we do not have any other challenge to offer you other than what we have offered in our The Next Big Thing Promotion. In that promotion your stays from 01OCT09 until 31DEC09 will count double towards your tiering level. If you have 13 stays during that time period you would achieve the Diamond status.

Please advise if I may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Bill
Hyatt Gold Passport
I guess I am doing 13-nights Hyatt MR in January for that elusive Diamond tier.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA,DLT,UA,Marriott-Plat, Hyatt- Dia, HH- Gold
Which hotel status match?

I should have more than 250 nights next year at hotels mostly in Washington DC and I am currently a platinum Marriott member. I want to mix things up next year and am looking for another chain to split my time. What chain offers the best/most frequent upgrades for my regular stays? Any tips for DC hotels?

I plan on using the miles for high end vacations and prefer Europe or Hawaii. Which has the best hotels for the rewards I am looking for?

Looking for advice on which chain I should attempt a status match.
Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold, UA 1P , Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
The W Hotel, close to the White house would be a nice option; SPG matches status 1:1!

Have fun here, in dc! Let me know if you need anything else regarding Washington!
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Originally Posted by vivskivs
I should have more than 250 nights next year at hotels mostly in Washington DC and I am currently a platinum Marriott member. I want to mix things up next year and am looking for another chain to split my time. What chain offers the best/most frequent upgrades for my regular stays? Any tips for DC hotels?

I plan on using the miles for high end vacations and prefer Europe or Hawaii. Which has the best hotels for the rewards I am looking for?

Looking for advice on which chain I should attempt a status match.
Thanks
I made the move from Marriott Plat to SPG Plat and I've been very happy.

There's around 10 SPG properties in the immediate DC area that are fairly nice. Upgrades have been much better than Marriott, and include the more basic suites. It's not uncommon to get bumped to the specialty suites either. SPG Plat is amazing in Europe, and there have been some nice promos as of late (Any 2 stays = 1 free weekend night at any Cat 6 or below)

Hyatt Diamond is another possibility to consider, they just don't have enough properties where I travel.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Best bets are Hyatt and SPG -

Here's the Hyatt side:

4 guaranteed suite upgrades for up to 7 nights each per year will save you a bundle. free breakfast and internet, decent to very good lounges at Regency, Grand and Park Hyatt locations. Kauai property for Hawaii is wonderful in a suite (buy-in at AAA rate of $200-300/night in shoulder season and use upgrade). Edge in Paris to Park Hyatt Place Vendome over either the Westin Paris or Prince de Galles. Hyatt tends to have the best promotions program of any major chain, and there are some real bargains to be had on their awards chart (No changes since '03). Hyatt Vacation properties are also bookable with points. No credit card means no competition for award rooms from straight spenders. As stated above, fewer locations can be an issue.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The DC area is good for Hyatt. You have 3 suburban FS properties in Fairfax County and another two in Arlington and Crystal City. I am well known by a couple of the guys at the Fair Lakes Hyatt, and I have a better than 50 % chance of getting suite upgrades (without using the suite certificates) for one night stays. Hyatt has also been expanding the number of SS and HP properties in the area (mainly HP). Room rates are fairly good for Hyatt Dulles and Hyatt Fair Lakes, usually under $190 on weekdays and under $80 on weekends with AAA code. Hyatt Fair Lakes is sometimes as low as $58.65 with AAA on the weekend.

Hyatt and SPG FS properties have stricter cancellation policies than Marriott FS properties. You cannot cancel day of arrival, although some FTers have found ways around this.

Hawaii awards are better with Hyatt versus Marriott b/c you get breakfast and internet included (although some Marriott properties will include a refrigerator for free which Hyatt does not). Marriott has a larger presence in Europe than Hyatt, but Hyatt has a few gems in Europe: PH Hamburg, PH Paris, and the Churchill in London. Hyatt is strongest in Asia for international properties: you can find a property in Taiwan and New Zealand where Marriott is absent.

The current FFN promotion with Hyatt is quite nice since it includes stays that count double towards elite status and runs through the end of January 2010. If I were you, I would fax Hyatt a copy of your stays with Marriott ASAP. With this promo, you could easily keep top status with Hyatt, Marriott, and SPG.

Hyatt awards mainly come from FFN/bonus point promotions, diamond welcome gifts for points in North America (1,000 points at FS properties add up quick when the top award is 18,000/night), G & A bonuses for Hyatt points and airline miles, respectively, and occasional airline mile promos like the recently ending one this quarter with several airlines where you get an extra 2,500 miles for every 2 stays credited to an airline. Hyatt does most of its airline promos with United, and the upcoming one will run through Jan 31, 2011 and gives United elite members an extra 2,000 miles for each stay over the 500 base miles. You cannot collect a G bonus if you take miles for a stay, but you can take a diamond welcome gift and take miles (although you will have to call to get the diamond gift to post properly).
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hi guys,

I'm wonderig if someone has recently be able to get a Status Match using your A|Club status with an other Hotel Programm.

Since I'm a Platinum member for the 3rd year in row I would be greatful having the same or a similar status match with IHG, Hilton, Radisson or Mariott.

Can someone inform about their experiences and how to proceed?
Thank you all.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by gleff
Starwood will interface with Hyatt to verify your actual status. So if your Hyatt status came matched from another account, and you didn't earn it, they may not offer to match you.
Very interesting. And Hyatt provides this info?
Also, if I'm matched after March 1, I'll be PL till Feb 2012, right?
One more thing. I have earned PC PL. Will SPG match it? Hyatt did easily.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Question status match AA to hotel

Anybody knows if there is any possibility of a status match from AA plat. to HHONORS , SPG or PRIORITY CLUB hotels ?
Thanks for any info.
Michael
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:22 am

Best Western is offering a Status Match

Status Match...No Catch
With our Status Match...No Catch program, we will match your ELITE status in any other hotel loyalty program, FREE of charge.

You'll begin earning Best Western Rewards® points at the Elite level instantly—and watch them add up even faster.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...ell-match.html
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Just off-hand, where (apart from Best Western) do I have a chance of getting my SPG-Gold status matched before it expires?

Also, does the Radisson ever status match anyone?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by aster
Just off-hand, where (apart from Best Western) do I have a chance of getting my SPG-Gold status matched before it expires?

Also, does the Radisson ever status match anyone?
You can get Radisson Silver with the XING promo, without having status elsewhere. It takes about 3 days for your account to update.

A discussion of matching status can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radis...tus-match.html

Last edited by Kohoutek; Mar 26, 2010 at 11:06 am Reason: added last sentence
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver
I'm wondering if anyone has recently been able to get a Status Match using your A|Club Platinum status with an other Hotel Program.

Can someone inform about their experiences and how to proceed?

Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.