Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental One Pass Sucks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2001, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Continental One Pass Sucks

I was just wondering if anyone else is having as much trouble with Continental's one pass system as I have had. I have yet to have one flight where they credited my account with the proper miles or segments. Inevitably they always leave off one or more segments and the miles that are associated with it. I have already talked to them 3 times, e-mailed them 4 times and I have sent in copies of my tickets and boarding passes and they have not done anything. Please let me know if anyone has any other ideas that I can use to get my miles credited. Thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 10:05 am

It should not take you that long to figure this out.

THEY SUCK
Old Feb 8, 2001, 11:51 am
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
Try asking in the Continental forum.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 11:53 am

You’ll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 2:23 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
They don't suck. The problem is probably in where you buy the tickets. Many travel agents tell you they put the one pass number in... but they don't. Before you get on a flight look at your boarding pass. If your one pass number is not printed on it...you are not in the computer. Try 1-800-wecare2 if you have a problem you think is not being resolved correctly. However, with the attitude you show in your post... i'm not suprised you aren't getting credit. Like the other poster said, "you catch more flys with honey..."
Old Feb 8, 2001, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well said! Cigarman.
Last time CO missed my miles for my NW flight, it only took 3 weeks to see the credit posting after I talked to the rep. Make sure you get the rep's name for future reference.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 3:40 pm

Cigarman: Your explantaion is what I have always encountered when dealing with the airlines---blame it on the travel agent or anyone else who is not there to defend them selves.

[This message has been edited by Tango (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Feb 8, 2001, 3:43 pm

But he is exactly correct...he does enough segments to qualify as an expert...if anyone knows...he does!!!! (Cigarman)
Old Feb 8, 2001, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
Cigarman is correct on this one. The only times miles haven't posted for me in the past 24 months, its because my FF# wasn't in the reservation. Each time it was because the travel agent didn't put it in, even though they said they did.

Always ask if your numbers are in the system when you check in. And, most airlines will print your FF# on the boarding pass. That's another place to check.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
For three years that I worked in our Boston office, none of the agents at our travel agency (one of the big 3 or 4) would EVER put in my airline FF# into my Hertz reservation. No matter if I asked or not, not once in maybe 35 trips did it ever show up unless I called Hertz that morning and had them add it.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 4:22 pm
DOC 2 BE

I agree with the other posters that the error MAY be with your agent(s). In addition, you do accomplish more with gentler words (usually).

Further, if CO is so slipshod and/or offensive to you, then CHANGE YOUR AIRLINE!!!

Finally, although I am no prude, and I even do not have an objection to you using the word "Suck" in the body of your post, I find it offensive that every time I log onto this thread, I see that word. I think it potentially does you a disservice to have your name affiliated with that word, and I urge you to change it. I think it reflects low breeding and is potentially offensive to many segments of this board. Perhaps you should use instead, awful/terrible/bad?

Old Feb 8, 2001, 4:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Doc 2 Be-

That's your own dirty mind.
Seriously, it's part of the vernacular, and it's just a word, and is inherently offensive to any group or individual other than the individual or group to whom it is directed, in this case, CO. How that offends you, I don't understand. I agree that it's not the most tactful heading for a thread, but if you are offended by that...
Old Feb 8, 2001, 5:13 pm
DOC 2 BE

BoSox --

I know how reasonable minds can disagree....

However, I will not bore you with the tedious image that is conjured in my mind, other than to tell you that it reminds me of someone who is a low brow and who cannot utter many words together, other than a string of curse words.

Sort of like an XFL FAN(atic).

In truth, as I said earlier, I don't much mind even the sparing useof it in the body of the post, but in the heading, no, it is too much for me. Finally, if it has crept into common usage, then it is an even greater shame.

Old Feb 8, 2001, 7:16 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally posted by Tango:
Cigarman: Your explantaion is what I have always encountered when dealing with the airlines---blame it on the travel agent or anyone else who is not there to defend them selves.

[This message has been edited by Tango (edited 02-08-2001).]
Tango, sure airlines make errors. It's just this particular error is very difficult for CO to make on their own metal. They do have trouble sometimes transferring from NW and HP occasionally. But this is almost always a entry problem when the ticket is purchased. Like I said, On every CO ticket your FF number will be printed on the boarding pass . If it isn't go back to the podium and get it entered. To be safe you can even have the boarding card reprinted.
I also agree that there is a better phrase than the slang in this title. However, it can't be edited so... let's not get too worried about it now. What's done is done.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 7:19 pm

You need to make sure your name in the reservation is spelled exactly as in your frequent mileage account. My sister has several variations in her name and she has a very difficult time sometimes getting her FF miles to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.