Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

How to earn miles?

How to earn miles?

Old May 31, 2004, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

How to earn miles?

Not sure if I should post this here or in the Oneworld Explorer forum.

I'm going on a LONE4 OWE trip from Taiwan, through Asia, South Pacific, SA and NA. I'm very new to rtw trip tickets and saw on here that people are racking up airmiles and such on these tickets. How can I do this? (or is that too broad of a question?) I'll be taking probably around 16 flight's on my trip and thought it would be nice to get enough miles for an extra free flight at the end of our trip.

I'm also flying with Delta from SEA - TPE and back and am wondering if there's a way for me to earn miles with them. I'm asking this because it's an american airline and I'm Canadian.

Thanks.
Dan
Old May 31, 2004, 12:45 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Pick one

Your OW RTW in coach should generate enough mileage to get you a free domestic ticket, or more. Depending upon your carrier choice in your RTW ticket, pick a frequent flyer program that will generate the most mileage and request elite status prior to your flying. If you don't have any status, and it seems likely from your post, you may want to pick AA and do an AA elite challenge, depending upon how many AA miles you can generate in the beginning of your trip, so that you can take advantage of the elite status, for mileage bonuses.

As far as the DL trip, that will not be usable on any OW carrier's program, so you may want to try Delte, NW or CO for that trip, the miles may amount to some benefit in the future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.