Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Earning air miles with ATT Wireless?

Earning air miles with ATT Wireless?

Old May 10, 2004, 7:29 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
ATT Wireless and T-Mobile use Cingular's network on the west coast and Cingular uses theirs on the east coast. I don't know why everyone gets so worked up about cellular carriers, they all are bad at times and good at others. I've had Sprint twice, Cingular, T-Mobile and Verizon's predeceasor. I remember the cell service being much better in 1985, when I got my first cell phone (cost was $1800 and you had to carry it in a bag, as the transceiver and battery weighed in at about 3 to 4 pounds.) Great reception and sound quality though.
Old May 11, 2004, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by rbAAI
don't know why everyone gets so worked up about cellular carriers, they all are bad at times and good at others.
Well, I am an ATT Wireless customer and I can tell you that they have some serious problems with their back-end systems that usually translate into customer service problems. I don't know if other carriers have done a better job of integrating their various systems or not, or if they have these problems, but as a customer, it's sometimes frustrating to deal with them because of the management screw-ups that they've made over the last several years. (These translate into an inability to get necessary service because the back-end systems are so bad and often don't talk to each other properly.)

I'm still with AT&T Wireless though. I was a Cingular customer before, and I suppose I will be one again fairly soon when the merger completes.

-David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.