Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Can I track Starpoints on-line?

Old Jul 20, 2000, 11:30 am
Original Poster

I just took all of y'alls advice and got an AMEX Sheraton Starpoints Optima Card, but I can't find where you can view your Starpoints on-line.

I was able to add the card to my AMEX on-line account and view billing and charges, but not Starpoints. I called AMEX and they barely knew what I was talking about!

They suggested I visit the Sherton website, but I was unable to find it there either. Can anyone help?!?!?!?

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Jul 20, 2000, 11:36 am
Original Member

Love the Starwood Optima. View your points here: http://www.preferredguest.com/login.jhtml
Old Jul 20, 2000, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I went to that web page. Do I need to register for the Starwood preferred guest program? Or will my AMEX card enroll me automatically?

And how does this relate to the Starpoints?

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Jul 20, 2000, 5:07 pm

You need to type in your SPG number and family name. Once they are submitted, you will see the balance. You can also view activity details by clicking 'Your Account' at the top section.
Old Jul 20, 2000, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
If you weren't already signed up for the starwood program, you need to find out if AMEX will be doing that for you, and if so what the number is. Usually you sign up for the starwood program, then give AMEX your starwood number. Each bill, AMEX will send you points to STarwood and you can see the total on line.

------------------
DtG
Old Jul 21, 2000, 12:44 pm

Programs: OnePass,SPG
When you are approved for an AMEX Starpoints card, they are suppose to automatically enroll you into the Starwood Preferred Guest program as Gold. Just received my card a few months ago. My miles post on the web the day my billing cycle closes.
Old Jul 24, 2000, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

OK, they are supposed to automatically enroll me into the Starwood Preferred Guest program as Gold. How do I get the login information (i.e. my account number)?

Will they send it to me, or do I call Starwood, or do I call American Express?

Mac

---------------------------------------------
When you are approved for an AMEX Starpoints card, they are suppose to automatically enroll you into the Starwood Preferred Guest program as Gold. Just received my card a few months ago. My miles post on the web the day my billing cycle closes.

------------------
Via con Dios!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.