Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

1,050 Free Avios

1,050 Free Avios

Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:06 am
Original Poster

1,050 Free Avios

You can get 1,250 bonus Avios for signing up to the UK TopCashback site here

Although it's the UK site, you can pay out any cashback using Paypal, and it could be useful to have an account anyway because they sometimes have higher rates/different options than the US site.

You need to spend £10 (about $13) with any retailer featured on there to trigger the Avios, but note that it's spend £10, not earn £10 in cashback, so is really easy to do.

I can't remember seeing a publically available UK TopCashback signup bonus before.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
What can we get from the US to trigger? Looks like Groupon is on there so that might work?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Good spot! Worth pointing out perhaps that, if I understand correctly, this is not with British Airways Executive Club but probably with the other Avios earning platform, www.avios.com. That rather rules out non British participants because one of the conditions of having an avios.com account is being a British resident. But I would be very happy to be proved wrong.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
What can we get from the US to trigger? Looks like Groupon is on there so that might work?
Any travel related stuff (hotel chains, airlines, online travel agencies etc) should be fine I think. The Groupon on there is the UK one so unless you found something that isn't location dependent that you wanted on there, I'd give it a miss.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
Good spot! Worth pointing out perhaps that, if I understand correctly, this is not with British Airways Executive Club but probably with the other Avios earning platform, www.avios.com. That rather rules out non British participants because one of the conditions of having an avios.com account is being a British resident. But I would be very happy to be proved wrong.
I think that's right actually - good point.

You only need to enter a UK address though for an Avios.com account according to this thread, so can still be done.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:15 am

Thanks for flagging this. I didn't want to post it myself as this is run in association with InsideFlyer UK, but it is a genuinely good deal - and currently the only TopCashback UK sign-up bonus available.

As the OP notes, there are various options on TopCashback UK even for non-UK residents, and you can be paid out through Paypal.

In terms of Avios.com, yes you technically need a UK address but suffice to say no-one is going to come round and knock on the door to check. You can of course transfer Avios from Avios.com to BA Executive Club (or Iberia Plus) using the "Combine My Avios" function.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Thanks for this. I don't live in the UK any more, but guess where my mum's birthday gift is being ordered from in the next few days?

As for non-UK-based people, hotels.com, expedia.co.uk or e-bay could be possible candidates.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Interestingly, does anyone know if the 13.65% cashback on hotels.com is stackable with the site's own one-free-night-in-11 benefit?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

No, but the 10.5% rate through the app does and the 8.4% rate through a desktop does. As long as you don't use any additional discount codes on top, anyway
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by dennycrane1
Any travel related stuff (hotel chains, airlines, online travel agencies etc) should be fine I think. The Groupon on there is the UK one so unless you found something that isn't location dependent that you wanted on there, I'd give it a miss.
Yes re Groupon. British Groupon and US Groupon are two different things. I once tried to earn Avios by going through its platform to buy a Groupon. I landed in the Boston, England section of Groupon . Not sure if I could have bought one. I didn't progress that far upon discovering that the pubs, activities etc. were on the east coast of England.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dennycrane1
No, but the 10.5% rate through the app does and the 8.4% rate through a desktop does. As long as you don't use any additional discount codes on top, anyway
Looks ok at first sight, but blocking the extra discount codes takes the gloss off a bit. Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:31 am
Original Poster

It might still work, but technically it's not supposed to so there's no recourse if it doesn't.

I've certainly received cashback when using voucher codes for other sites when the Ts & Cs say I shouldn't have got the cashback, but it seems to be luck of the draw really.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:18 am

Until 20 November, this Avios offer now sits alongside a £5 "hard cash" offer if you're referred by a friend, but that requires you to also earn £10 cashback. The Avios offer simply requires a £10 spend.

I also don't think many on these boards would value £5 higher than 1250 Avios.

Last edited by InsideFlyer UK; Nov 21, 2016 at 9:55 am
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by InsideFlyer UK
Until 20 November, this Avios offer now sits alongside a £5 "hard cash" offer if you're referred by a friend, but that requires you to also earn £10 cashback. The Avios offer simply requires a £10 spend.

I also don't think many on these boards that would value £5 higher than 1250 Avios.
Surely the minimum value is £5.60 per 1,000, which is the current cash-in value for hotels and rental cars (an awful way to spend most airline miles).
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:29 am

Now 1850 Free Avios!

I'm pleased to say that until the end of Sunday 4 December, this bonus Avios offer has just been boosted to 1850 Avios for signing up and simply spending £10 with any merchant on TopCashback.

Even assuming you considered the £10 spend to give you no value whatsoever (and given the breadth of merchants on TopCashback, this would be a touch ridiculous), you're paying just 0.54 pence per Avios point here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.