Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Citibank AA, Chase United, or Cap One Venture For Qatar or Emirates Air

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

I am needing to book either Emirates or Qatar air and I have these 3 credit cards:

Chase United
Citibank American Air
Capital One Venture (double miles)

What is the best card to book Emirates with?

Best card to book Qatar Air with?

Unfortunately I do not fly either airline that often so my real question here is which combo of airline and card can I use with a domestic American carrier? For instance an answer might be "Use your United card to book with Qatar because that partnership will earn you triple miles" or something of the sort.

Thanks!

Last edited by plmkr88; Oct 24, 2016 at 3:26 pm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
None of those cards give any special bonus for those two airlines. If you book QR under the AA codeshares (available on some flights) paying with the AAdvantage card you'll earn more.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To get a bonus for booking with random airlines, you'd need a card that gives a 2x or 3x or 5x bonus for "travel" in general, not an airline-specific card. But it's probably not worth getting one of those cards just to book one trip, since even 3x points in a credit card program on one flight would not get you enough to do something all that useful with it by itself (and all such cards have an annual fee, some even not waived the first year, and some a quite high annual fee).

So you might as well just decide whether you want American miles (at 1x unless you find a codeshare as mentioned above), United miles (at 1x) or Venture "miles" (at 1x their normal 2% cashback earning), if these are the only earning cards you have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.