Air Miles Rewards Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Miles Rewards Program

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
I gotta say, I've used Air Miles to book several domestic flights in the past year. On every one of the flight bookings I've attempted, I've used Air Miles, and the resulting value has been at least 10 cents each time (same as Cash Miles),
and in some cases, way way more than 10 cents.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
AM rewards

I love the way people talk about rewards u can get with AM. I'm Dream, collecting slowly for 20 years and I have 7k pts.
Now there's really nothing I want to get, since the change in 2011, Dream is essentially for trips (which the amount of points has drastically gone up in the past year). Not even GCs are available.
They really did put the squeeze on us.
Case in point, I agree I'm acting like a spoiled kid that feels entitled, especially at cut off time, but I haven't been able to do much either since the dream and cash went into effect.
I'm just trying to find a solution, but the pickings seem to be very slim...
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:57 pm

Use the miles to book a trip to somewhere, maybe in Cdn., that's usually costs a bundle. Take a look at the redemption chart. I booked a trip to one of the smaller cities/towns in B.C. The cost for a ticket would have been over a $1000.
TravellingChris likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
vouchers?

here is an idea...
would there be anyway to purchase tickets with my AM and then get it credited for future use?

Didn't AA do that in the past?
Old Apr 17, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Is Air Miles just totally ignoring the needs of customers right now?

I tried to get a refund of my points online because I had to cancel travel due to COVID-19, but they didn't give me the option. Only option they gave me was for a $10.00 refund of the service fees lol.

I will have to call in at T-5 days from my stay to try and get my points back then hopefully!
Old Mar 14, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Surprised no posts yet about the current situation with Airmiles and the announced purchase of the company by BMO. Rob Carrick has an article in G & M today about the situation. He recommends divesting points asap. Curious as to what others think.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Surprised no posts yet about the current situation with Airmiles and the announced purchase of the company by BMO. Rob Carrick has an article in G & M today about the situation. He recommends divesting points asap. Curious as to what others think.
I went and burned call my cash miles asap. Unfortunately i have a good chunk of dream miles as well that I don't really have any use for. Could buy the Cineplex vouchers but those aren't a great deal anymore. Might be best off to just use them for a hotel booking.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:15 am

The night they announced bankruptcy I burned all my cash miles at shell filling up on gas.

Then the rest of the dream miles the next day.

Airmiles is a shadow of it's former self from 5 years ago. I hope BMO is able to revive but only time will tell.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by spikeking
The night they announced bankruptcy I burned all my cash miles at shell filling up on gas.

Then the rest of the dream miles the next day.

Airmiles is a shadow of it's former self from 5 years ago. I hope BMO is able to revive but only time will tell.
How did you burn dream miles? I want to get rid of mine but there's really no good value other than maybe hotels. Looked into the movie passes but even though aren't great value anymore... Hopefully through BMOs takeover they get rid of the segmentation and I can use the dream miles for free groceries
YUL likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:17 pm

Burned my Airmiles

I don't like AIRMILES much but during just before COVID and after I accumulated lots at sobeys and metro and subsequently burned a bunch on hotels. 7000 for two night suite redemption in old quebec. 9000 for four nights at Ti Kaye resort St. Lucia in May 2022 (amazing resort!), and 6000 for 2 nights at the hilton in Barcelona in Oct 2022. Burned 2500 on the weekend at hilton in Montreal the night they announced bankruptcy. I had a good run the last couple years. Too bad its over. This program a shadow of its former self.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 11:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by mrdunns
Does anyone use air miles to book on Air Canada
i've used them on AC, WS, DL and AA over the years, but more often than not I use them for car rentals.

you get around 10c per AM in value no matter what you book...
YUL likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Why did everyone burn off their Air Miles so quickly? I kept mine and am still accumulating some slowly. I like to use them for North American trips so I can save my Aeroplan points for overseas flights, although I think one more spring break family vacation to the US and my stash will be depleted!
Old Oct 18, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott
Rewards flights availability apps

Has anyone used an app for tracking, reporting, and setting alerts for rewards flights availability? An example is SeatSpy or FlightConnections. I'm wondering what your experience was. If you used one or more, did you find them useful?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:40 pm

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Our household has received a great deal of value from the Air MIles programme over the past ten years. We are 100% Dream collectors and have used the programme to fly to places as far afield as Korea, Hong Kong, India, Georgia (Tbilisi), and even Ireland.

What's disappointing, though, is that flight availability seems to have been cut back significantly since the BMO takeover. Two years ago we booked a round trip to London with Air Miles and then made a separate booking, also with Air Miles, for a side trip to Switzerland. We were able to book tickets between Heathrow and Zurich on British Airways.

Now it seems that intra-European flights can no longer be booked through Air Miles, even though the programme has a wide array of European airline partners, including BA. Iberia, Air France, KLM, Lufthansa and others. We were trying to book a side trip to Greece on an upcoming European trip and the programme seemingly no longer allows this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.