Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Any airlines issuing basic membership cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any airlines issuing basic membership cards?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: KL, HH
Alitalia also sends a physical card.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:26 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
My younger son was TW Gold by the time he was 6 months old. Always paid the FC infant fare (10% of the regular FC fare,) since his mother and I frequently travelled to Europe from the US, using the 40k award, a free FC ticket plus FC UPG from any fare. Sweet award.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a way you can print your own Southwest Airlines membership card. There's a thread about it on the Southwest Airlines website. Years ago Southwest offered that capability on their website, but they removed it, so someone else created a site that lets you put your own Southwest Rapid Rewards number onto an image of the Southwest Airlines membership card and then print it yourself. Of course, if you don't laminate it, it tends to ragged after a while in your wallet.

In theory, I guess this technique could be expanded to make your own membership card for any airline. But it wouldn't look quite like the real thing without a lot of work and expense.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: TK *G
SQ, JAL does that.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duhh
SQ, JAL does that.
Does which? "That" in a post which didn't quote any message can be (and in this case is) ambiguous.

Sends a physical card? (As in 3 posts above yours?)

Or allows you to print your own card? (As in my post, directly above yours?)

Please, in the future, either quote (enough of) the message to make it clear what "that" is, or replace "that" with something more specific. Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Does which? "That" in a post which didn't quote any message can be (and in this case is) ambiguous.

Sends a physical card? (As in 3 posts above yours?)

Or allows you to print your own card? (As in my post, directly above yours?)

Please in the future, either quote (enough of) the message to make it clear what "that" is, or replace "that" with something more specific. Thanks.
Singapore sends a plastic card after first flight is credited. ANA sent a card simply upon signup in 2014.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Enthilza
TK issues physical cards as well. It took them almost 3 months to send it (and yes I had done many trips in the meantime) but you can also just collect it in IST if you're there.

The minimum age is also two years.
WOW 3 months seems like a long time to receive a card. I received mine within 10 days of my first flight with them. Now that I think about it, it may have helped that I had the check-in agent add the number and miles have posted automatically.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by Slobodansm
WOW 3 months seems like a long time to receive a card. I received mine within 10 days of my first flight with them. Now that I think about it, it may have helped that I had the check-in agent add the number and miles have posted automatically.
I didn't want to enter into details but maybe it is because TK has a farked up registration system when it comes to postal addresses. I mean you actually have to choose among a list of cities which of course is faaaaaaar from covering all the cities in my country (France). So I actually had to select the closest city in their list and manually entered the proper city name and zip code in the additional lines...

Probably created havoc in their system although I don't see how I could have done otherwise.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: SQ - Silver / BA - Silver / Accor - Platinum / Bonvoy - Gold / Hilton - Gold / Radisson - Premier
BA Avios still issue basic card after you hit a certain points.
PR and MU issue basic cards after your first flight with them.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:49 pm

Flying Blue (AFKL) sends out cards for their basic Ivory level once you've completed a flight. Not sure about any age requirements.

I'm told some lounge dragons, unaware of the level being the most basic, when confronted with an "Ivory" card which must be good 'cause it's ivory and ivory is expensive will let you into their lounge. YMwpV.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
American sends out a physical card as well. I've never held status on American, but they mailed me a plastic card after my first flight on them. The card is perforated and can be disassembled into a keytag as well if you don't want a wallet sized card. I'm unsure about age requirements though.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by samosa
Airberlin does as well. Curious why you need a physical card as it won't really get you any special access, etc. If you want something that lists all your FF numbers you can get one of those award wallet cards.
I'm guessing it's something of a momento for the kid when he gets a little older. Something physical to show he's been flying since he was born, or something along those lines.
Originally Posted by acmys
NH sends a physical card (it's silver and kind of looks like an elite card; I have, when I didn't have UA status, used this to get into priority security lines ).
I had actually wondered about that before - whether that was possible, and if anyone did it. That was, of course, before precheck took care of almost all of my security waits. So you were successful?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Finnair issues a physical card too, but minimum year of birth seems to be 2014.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The question is in the title. @:-)

Don't assume that all posts are an answer to an earlier post.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Flying Blue (AFKL) sends out cards for their basic Ivory level once you've completed a flight.
No, they don't:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...ital-only.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.