Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2016

I am actually excited for this years deals, cause I could really use the Marriott and Choice deals, I didn't buy anything last year for the first time.

2 weeks are up

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/Calendar.aspx?week=0

Last edited by yuel; Mar 28, 2016 at 7:41 am
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, yuel. Glad that they'll be back. They were awfully slim last year, IMO. Probably seemed that way because they just didn't have what I was looking for. Where did you see who will be participating?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, yuel. Glad that they'll be back. They were awfully slim last year, IMO. Probably seemed that way because they just didn't have what I was looking for. Where did you see who will be participating?
I didnt see the participates, just anticipating the same two from prior years, but hopeful on getting these two, and glad its coming up early this year
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:31 pm

I hadn't heard of this. What types of deals do they offer?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by blackllotus
I hadn't heard of this. What types of deals do they offer?
See the 2015 thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...h-23-year.html
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
when does it start?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
when does it start?
Click on the link, it will give you updates. Preview on March 28, starts on April 4.
https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/ComingSoon.aspx
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Can't wait to sit here for half an hour refreshing my browser over and over again to get nothing in the end.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I have a question on choice points. Assuming that they are offered and assuming that I get in on a deal, if I max out my account by buying up to my allowed yearly limit from choice (there is a promotion right now I want to buy points with) if I win daily giveaways, will they still be credited?

I thought I read from the terms and conditions of choice that you can only buy or be gifted up to the yearly amount which varies from IHG which i interpreted to say that i can buy my 60k and also receive as a gift 60k. So where does this leave daily getaways?

Can i still buy my max on each and still get the daily getaways?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by miadukes
I have a question on choice points. Assuming that they are offered and assuming that I get in on a deal, if I max out my account by buying up to my allowed yearly limit from choice (there is a promotion right now I want to buy points with) if I win daily giveaways, will they still be credited?

I thought I read from the terms and conditions of choice that you can only buy or be gifted up to the yearly amount which varies from IHG which i interpreted to say that i can buy my 60k and also receive as a gift 60k. So where does this leave daily getaways?

Can i still buy my max on each and still get the daily getaways?
At least with ihg they did not count the daily getaways as part of the yearly limit
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
At least with ihg they did not count the daily getaways as part of the yearly limit
Oh thats good to know! Thanks.

I just don't want to waste money if one is not gonna count. Might have to take a chance with choice but definitely thanks for the heads up on the iHG!
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kauppias
That's interesting. Anyone know if hhonors is the same?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by BenSenise
That's interesting. Anyone know if hhonors is the same?
Arent these deals larger then the usual buy limit on each program? Ie you could buy 2 packages of ihg last year!

I only did IHg last year but this year I may partake of more 😀
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I never had any issues buying hundreds of thousands HH points in many previous Daily Getaways. The yearly maximum only applies if you buy points from HH directly.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:38 pm
Suspended

thanks kauppias and goliath

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.