Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best mileage earning portal for Louis Vuitton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I want to buy a LV bag for my wife. Does anyone know which website would get me the most miles?

Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Probably not going to find anything good for LV exactly (i believe) but try to find what you're looking for Bloomingdales, for example, generally they have good earn rates. Shop around, use cashbackmonitor.com
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Or this:

http://www.evreward.com

I usually shop around various retailer sites to find the best price, and once I've selected where I'm buying from, use evreward to find the shopping portal that gets me the most miles.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by gauravpgupta
Hi,

I want to buy a LV bag for my wife. Does anyone know which website would get me the most miles?

Thanks!
Just give me the money, I'll transfer 20k united miles to your account and go buy same bag in NYC for $50...about what it's worth.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL, MR, SPG, UR, HH, UA, LUV
Saks 5th Avenue currently has a promotion where you get a $700 Saks gift card if you spend $3000. Today is the last day online and then the promo switches to in store purchases until 10/3. Who wouldn't want a LV with a gift card tucked inside?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I don't think any of the major department stores can sell LV through their web sites so credit card rewards are probably all you're going to get with purchase.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Buy the Bag, Chenille or LV, at Saks,

Apply for a Saks card get 10% off your purchase,pay it off with your SERVE CARD, loaded with SMGC...

Wife a 3 of her friend all bought new bags same day same CC, , and they sent us the extra gift card..
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:09 pm

What I did was buy Saks gift cards when AA shopping portal had it at 15x, then walk into Saks to buy it from the LV boutique in the Saks store.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
What I did was buy Saks gift cards when AA shopping portal had it at 15x, then walk into Saks to buy it from the LV boutique in the Saks store.
You received the points for a gift card purchase on the portal
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Ccyates74
You received the points for a gift card purchase on the portal
I've received points for about 5-6 gift card purchases in the past year, but did NOT in my last transaction-- however, I had foolishly turned on some pop-up blocker or some other security measures while using the portal.

Check out Frequentmiler's Laboratory (google it) for data points.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Probably not going to find anything good for LV exactly (i believe) but try to find what you're looking for Bloomingdales, for example, generally they have good earn rates. Shop around, use cashbackmonitor.com
Another vote for cashbackmonitor.com. I don't buy anything online without checking there first.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:05 pm

Canal Street NYC and buy your next First Class plane ticket with remaining cash.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I've received points for about 5-6 gift card purchases in the past year, but did NOT in my last transaction-- however, I had foolishly turned on some pop-up blocker or some other security measures while using the portal.

Check out Frequentmiler's Laboratory (google it) for data points.
I think Saks's GC stop giving miles or cashback through portals based on multiple datapoints, including mine, rather sadly. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd be very glad to be wrong.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Apply for a Saks CC and get 10% your first perchase, wife had 3 friends they all bought LVs, wrote me a check, and we paid Saks off with SMGC.

Next year she will want a Chanel bag, been there..
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by satman40
Apply for a Saks CC and get 10% your first perchase, wife had 3 friends they all bought LVs, wrote me a check, and we paid Saks off with SMGC.

Next year she will want a Chanel bag, been there..
The LV boutique inside the Saks was charged as a Saks purchase?

In any case, even at $3K, 10% cash back is just $300. I expect more than that for a credit pull. Your case was unique because you bought multiple purses so you got more cash back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.