Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading to the iPhone 6s? Skymiles Shopping offers 1:$1 at Apple.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Upgrading to the iPhone 6s? Skymiles Shopping offers 1:$1 at Apple.com

Just a heads up to anyone that's upgrading to the 6s, Skymiles Shopping offers 1 mile per $1 spent at the Apple store (online only). It's limited to 2 iPhones per 30 days, and it's certainly not quite as juicy as it was during the $1:3 deal we had a few months back but every mile counts! I have a project coming up that's going to require two 128gb iPhones be purchased out-right... fingers crossed that they bump it back to 3 miles per dollar before that day.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:44 pm

Ultimate Rewards is at 2 points per $1 and AA is at 3 miles per dollar.
There are many other methods that yield better returns than 1 sky peso per $1.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:53 am

I'm sure this won't work, but considering that Apple has a very friendly return policy, could someone purchase 2 iphones per 30 days, return them, and still get the miles?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by korflyer
I'm sure this won't work, but considering that Apple has a very friendly return policy, could someone purchase 2 iphones per 30 days, return them, and still get the miles?
If you have no ethics. How is this any different to theft?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Doesn't Apple refund the card used for payment? Oh, you're taking about the online shopping portal paying out for merchandise that ends up returned. The retailer and shopping portal won't like paying out for returned merchandise; and why would they let this be done when the portals are supposed to pay out (and get paid by the retailer) for legitimate purchases and are not supposed to pay for returned merchandise -- whether they do or not.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
Ebay them

You could just list them on ebay for $15 less than $649 (the official Apple price for a 16Gb model). Given the number of crazy people willing to starve themselves for an Apple gadget, they should get sold pretty quick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.