Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

How does you Statement looks like

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO

Hi Guys

I dont know if someone allready place this post, but i think it will be nice to have an idea of how each FF Statement looks like.

Please cover your full name and FF number. Also put your airline, airline program, Status and your nationality (some FF may look diferent from one country to another)

LAN AIRLINES
LANPASS
COMODORO
CHILE

Last edited by PABLOCO; Aug 3, 2015 at 7:39 pm
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you realize how incomplete this will be? The statement may look different depending on which version of the airline's website you use, and in which week you do it. When I looked at my LAN statement last a month or two ago, on the English language LAN website for the US, it looked somewhat different. It showed me numbers in both kms and miles. (I bet only the US website does that?) Then it told me how many of kms / miles expire in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and yours doesn't seem to do that. How much of that was because it was English language rather than Spanish, how much because it was the US version rather than (what seems to be) the Chilean version, and how much was it because it was a month or two ago and LAN keep changing things on their website (as they slowly combine with TAM, among other things)?

So is your goal to see how statements vary from airline to airlne, or how they vary from country to country or from one language to another language?

And, btw, this thread is going to be very hard to read on most screens because you put such a very wide picture in your first post. Yes half of that is wasted space on the left and the right!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Do you realize how incomplete this will be? The statement may look different depending on which version of the airline's website you use, and in which week you do it. When I looked at my LAN statement last a month or two ago, on the English language LAN website for the US, it looked somewhat different. It showed me numbers in both kms and miles. (I bet only the US website does that?) Then it told me how many of kms / miles expire in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and yours doesn't seem to do that. How much of that was because it was English language rather than Spanish, how much because it was the US version rather than (what seems to be) the Chilean version, and how much was it because it was a month or two ago and LAN keep changing things on their website (as they slowly combine with TAM, among other things)?

So is your goal to see how statements vary from airline to airlne, or how they vary from country to country or from one language to another language?

And, btw, this thread is going to be very hard to read on most screens because you put such a very wide picture in your first post. Yes half of that is wasted space on the left and the right!
Thanks, just changed the size of the picture and added the country as one of the info required.

For LAN Chile and i think for all south america it does only come with KMS
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Ok, I've attached last year (the year I qualified finally to premium) and this one. Not much activity now. Do note that LAN has a good deal to get miles without flying thanks to an alliance with tripadvisor, and locally, with some stores.

LP
Lanpass (switching to AA soon!)
Premium
Peru

Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Guys someone moved the post to Lan the idea will be to see how does the statement from other company also looks like
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Again, which kind of statement from other companies? The whole point is that there no such thing as "one" statement from an airline company. Each airline company formats statements different depending on where you are, what language you use, which version of the website you use (such as mobile vs conventional online), when you pull that up (they're constantly reformatting), and which exact page of the website you use (some airlines, such as United, have multiple versions of the statement that can be seen by clicking different links!). Oh, and then there's the online statement vs the emailed statement vs the physically statement (from some airlines I get two or even all three of those, and each looks very different).

You never answered all these questions, and meanwhile, people are finding zillions of different formats of LAN statements alone, without going any further beyond LAN, so until we settle down on one LAN format to use, what's the point of going any further?

(Sorry, I don't even know offhand how to post any of my statements here. I don't belong to any site where I can upload pictures yet keep them anonymous, and I don't have time to figure that out and set that up this week, plus take the time to eradicate any identifying info from each statement, which may not be easy for some statements as for others.)
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does "proximos vencimientos de kms" mean expiration? If so, MfromL's statements make sense to me, but PABLOCO's doesn't, because it lists two completely numbers with the same expiration date! What's up with that???

(Just a tiny illustration of how one person's statement from the same airline is different from another's, even in formatting alone.)
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:10 pm

I think that the idea is just to share statements. Like posting your favorite tie or your dog, it doesn't have to be thought so thoroughly. I've seen posts somewhere of membership cards for different airlines, its the same, kids showing stuff to other kids. Chillax!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MfromL
I think that the idea is just to share statements. Like posting your favorite tie or your dog, it doesn't have to be thought so thoroughly. I've seen posts somewhere of membership cards for different airlines, its the same, kids showing stuff to other kids. Chillax!
Except there's no question of what is a membership card and what isn't. The only possible ambiguity would be whether to show both sides or one side.

But what if the equivalent of a LAN statement is scattered among 5 pages on another airline's website? Do you post all those, or post only the 1 page you yourself look at the most (say, because you're not interested in status progress but only in redeemable miles posting, or vice versa), or what? (On aa.com's site, I have to click to choose between those two views. I'm not interested in my status progress, since I have mid-level lifetime status there and no chance most years to get anywhere higher in annual status. I know of no way to get aa.com to produce an all-at-once statement view like LAN does.)

So if you and the OP have never looked at statements from other rewards programs (be they other airlines, or hotel programs, or whatever), then you may not be aware how unclear it is what should be posted, because the whole clean concept of a thorough "statement" doesn't exist in many other programs in the sense that it does at LAN.

As someone who's belonged to over half a dozen airline programs and about dozen hotel programs, I continue to be amazed at how much different kinds of information LAN puts into its statement, because that's the kind of stuff I have to look all over the place on different web pages in most other programs I belong to.

(Of course, that's good in LAN's case, because of how unreliable their website is, so if you did have to go around to lots of different pages to collect different parts of the "statement" it probably wouldn't work a lot of the time :eeK:!)
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's stuff from AA's Account Info page (they have nothing that they call a "statement"):

On the left:
AAdvantage account summary
SDSEARCH
#XXXXXXX

Mileage balance

n,nnn,nnn

Buy miles »

Dividend Miles transferred »

Status

Platinum

On the right, default view (called Progress):
Progress to Executive Platinum

Last activity date: Jul 14, 2015

Lifetime elite status: Platinum

Miles: 7,844 of 100,000 (YTD)

Segments: 4 of 120 (YTD)
If I click to see Summary instead of Progress, the Summary view:
Balance summary (YTD)

Last activity date: Jul 14, 2015

Available award miles (expire on Jan 14, 2017) - n,nnn,nnn

Program-to-date miles - z,zzz,zzz

Miles needed to earn 500-mile upgrades - 5,750

500-mile upgrade balance - 9

Million Miler balance - 2,xxx,xxx
Then at the bottom of the page, there's a choice again between showing Activity, showing Upgrades, and showing Million Miler.

Activity is monthly, and shows Description/Date/Mileage/Bonus/Total columns.

Upgrades shows both 500-mile upgrades (Purchased/Mileage Exchanged/Earned/Other/Redeemed/Avilable columns) and Systemwide upgrades (Date Earned/Earned/Used/Expired/Available columns).

Million Miler (lifetime status progarm) shows in my case:
Million Miler status achieved: Feb xx, 20xx
Million Miler level: 2 million
Description Date Miles
Starting balance 2,xxx,xxx
You have no activity for this month.
Balance 2,xxx,xxx
Then finally below that it shows your Upcoming Flights.

This doesn't show actual formatting, but I've tried to describe/suggest it as best as possible. Since I have some high mileage balances which could be used to identify me, I chose to redact those as well as my name and member number and exact join date.

Anyway, as you can see, there is no such one thing as a "statement" on aa.com. There's lots of things you have to click to see one piece of information at a time.

(And that's my experience at many other airlines too, no "statement" per se, just the same kind of information but scrattered in different places that you can't see all in one view.)
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by MfromL
Ok, I've attached last year (the year I qualified finally to premium) and this one. Not much activity now. Do note that LAN has a good deal to get miles without flying thanks to an alliance with tripadvisor, and locally, with some stores.
A little OT, but how did you get those Tripadvisor LAN kms?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
A little OT, but how did you get those Tripadvisor LAN kms?
It seems that it's possible to earn up to 1500 kms/month by writing TripAdvisor reviews in Spanish.

http://www.lan.com/es_ar/sitio_perso...a/tripadvisor/
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by miikkak
It seems that it's possible to earn up to 1500 kms/month by writing TripAdvisor reviews in Spanish.

http://www.lan.com/es_ar/sitio_perso...a/tripadvisor/
Yup,now is up to 2250 km/month (link). If you review hotels, restaurants, or whatever in tripadvisor (only in Spanish) you get kms (ranges between 10 km and 150 km per place, you get the minimum if it is a popular and frequently commented attaction, and the maximum if it is not, so Tripadvisor gets more opinions), plus 50% bonus kms if you upload photos.

The thing is that you have to be a resident of Peru, Colombia, Argentina, Chile or Ecuador.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.