Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

25k Virgin Atlantic Miles for opening BOA checking acct.

Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Just got the mail today and seen this open offer;

Requirements to Receive the 25,000 Bonus Miles:
Open a new Bank of America Core Checking® OR Bank of America Interest Checking® personal checking account by July 31, 2015, in a participating financial center or online AND set up and receive two (2) Qualifying Direct Deposits of $2,000 or more each to your new personal checking account within 90 days from account opening. A "Qualifying Direct Deposit" is a recurring direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other eligible regular monthly income, electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into your new checking account. Please see the Personal Schedule of Fees for further explanation of eligible regular monthly income. Qualifying Direct Deposits must be received in your new personal checking account within 90 days from account opening. All terms of your Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Program Rules apply to miles earned through this offer.

http://promotions.bankofamerica.com/...atlanticoffer/
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:48 pm
Original Member

So, just like the Alaska miles offer, we need to know how they will value the miles for the 1099.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA ExP, AS MVP Gold, TK Gold, DL Plat

Got the same from Spirit does it have something to do with 1099? Sorry never dealt with it
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Sadly, it cannot be combined with the AS offer.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:51 am
Suspended

Same questions remain. 1) Did you have to receive this offer directly and 2) Tax implications
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:20 am
Original Poster

I received a physical mail flyer with that URL, no invitation code.

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Same questions remain. 1) Did you have to receive this offer directly and 2) Tax implications
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by factory81
I received a physical mail flyer with that URL, no invitation code.
Just wondering if they potentially match up the address that it was sent to with the address of the registered checking account.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:25 am

I applied through the link. I didn't realzie that you needed a direct invite from BOA. I guess I will find out in the welcome literature if I am coded for the promo?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by brettskyg
I applied through the link. I didn't realzie that you needed a direct invite from BOA. I guess I will find out in the welcome literature if I am coded for the promo?
You can also call them and ask them if there are any promotions attached to your account. They might be able to see that.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Nice! Particularly as it does not appear to be limited to new customers as most of the Citi offers are.

Can the miles be used for travel on VX and if so what is the value?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Nice! Particularly as it does not appear to be limited to new customers as most of the Citi offers are.

Can the miles be used for travel on VX and if so what is the value?
This is a targeted promo. Unless you received it, you may not get it. It remains to be seen if those who were not targeted can get it if they just apply for a checking account.

You can redeem VS miles on VX metal just like any of their other partners and those are free of fuel surcharges. That is of course, if there's availability but often times there isn't. And that makes the value of those miles questionable but some might find value in them.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:44 am

I received my new Virgin credit card two weeks ago and I would like to take advantage of this offer. Have any new cardholders received this offer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.