Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 free Iberia Avios if you have an Android phone

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:35 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

1,000 free Iberia Avios if you have an Android phone

I just sucessfully registered for this promo. If you accumulate British AIrways Avios, keep in mind that they can be combined with Iberia Avios.

For the last couple of months, the taxi ordering app Hailo – which is now operating in Madrid and Barcelona – has been running a special promotion with Iberia Plus.

If you download the Hailo app and create an account, you get 1,000 free Avios in Iberia Plus. No purchase required.

Full details can be found on the Iberia website here: http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner..._medium=afilia

The snag is that the Hailo app knows where you are, thanks to the GPS system on your phone. You are only able to add your Iberia Plus number to the app if you are in Spain at the time.

Thanks to readers Craig and Paul, we have found a solution.
You need an Android smartphone to do this. It seems that you cannot fake the GPS co-ordinates of an iPhone without jailbreaking it, which is not recommended.

This is what you do:
If you don’t already have Hailo on your phone, download the app and create an account. Use the same name as the name on your Iberia Plus account.
Download a free Android app called Fake GPS

Open Fake GPS and move the marker on the screen to Madrid in Spain
Re-open Hailo. You see will a message on screen saying ‘Welcome to Madrid’.

Click on ‘Profile’ in the menu section of the app. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see a menu item called ‘Iberia Plus’. Click on this and enter your Iberia Plus number.

That’s it! 1,000 Avios points should arrive in your Iberia account. They only seem to post them once a month so you may have a bit of a wait.
As well as getting you 1,000 Avios, this activity will also ‘activate’ a new Iberia Plus account and therefore allow you to move your points to and from ba.com and avios.com.

This offer closes on April 30th so I would get onto it ASAP. You can find out more on iberia.com here: http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner..._medium=afilia

Source: http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/04...android-phone/
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:07 pm

Thanks OP!

I have successfully registered using an Android Emulator.
Let us know once the 1000 miles have posted to your account.

Cheers
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:42 pm

1000 free Iberia Avios if you have an Android phone

thanks for the info. I just registered as well. Let's see if / when we get the points!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

The page says iPhone is eligible for the promo as well so just want to clarify that this is not limited to just Android phone.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Thanks OP!

Originally Posted by Guava
The page says iPhone is eligible for the promo as well so just want to clarify that this is not limited to just Android phone.
I think why he limited this to Android users is because you can't say you're in Spain without jailbreaking your iPhone (unless of course, you're ACTUALLY in Spain).

Chris
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Anyone knows if this works with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0? It is technically an Android but not a phone, I wonder.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:36 pm

Anyone knows if this works with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0? It is technically an Android but not a phone, I wonder.
Most likely
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
It's just about being able to download the Fake GPS app from Google Play, so yes, it will work.

Chris
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
The link didn't work when I tried it BTW. I had to go into Iberia Plus' main page, then to partners, then to HailO, but the 1000 Avios offer isn't so obvious, you have to click one further link still to get to that page... finally though there isn't any registration for the promo, so just downloading the app and adding your IB Plus number should do the trick.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I happen to be in Spain at the moment.... thanks!

Also, if you don't have an Iberia Plus account, you can get 500 avios just by signing up according to this
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Palal
Also, if you don't have an Iberia Plus account, you can get 500 avios just by signing up
You don't get it just for signing up - you need activity as well. But, as the OP points out, this promo counts.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But, as the OP points out, this promo counts.
Yup.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
can somebody send me a link to the relevant .apk files (for the fake-gps-app and the iberia app)? My android phone does not link with google play anymore...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is this not all a bit iffy?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Is this not all a bit iffy?
Haha, I think half the stuff that's discussed on FT is a bit iffy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.