Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fees for transferring hotel and credit card Points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:45 am
Original Poster

fees for transferring hotel and credit card Points

I noticed that the airlines charge heavy fees for users to transfer their miles. I wonder if in general hotels charge fees for users to transfer their points or not. It seems credit card companies do not charge fees for users to transfer their points (at least for the credit card company I am using).
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Do you mean transferring to another person's account in the same program -or- transferring to another program?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Do you mean transferring to another person's account in the same program -or- transferring to another program?
I meant another person's account in the same program.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GeorgeZZZ
I meant another person's account in the same program.
Many (most?) hotel programs simply do not allow transfer of hotel points between members. And I think some that do might only allow it between certain family members.

So please list the hotel programs you're interested in, as the answer as to even whether they allow it (and if so under what circumstances) would be hotel-program-specific. (Obviously, whether they charge a fee would only be relevant for those programs which allow it in the first place.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.