Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Holidaycheck.com - Earn free AA, LY, LH, AB or BT miles for posting hotel reviews

Holidaycheck.com - Earn free AA, LY, LH, AB or BT miles for posting hotel reviews

Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
True - but unless you live in hotels how many months do you really have more than 10 hotels to review in a consistent manner? In the one time it happened to me, I just posted the reviews over 2 months.
Well they currently allow you to post back all the way for stays in 2013 so potentially someone could have a ton of reviews to post.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:47 am

Random verifications

Just got this request from Hoiday check yesterday, so if you want to postreviews from 2013, you MAY be asked to verify.

Thank you for reviewing Hotel .... (ID .....).
Quality and authenticity are HolidayCheck's most important principles. In order to ensure this it is necessary to take control samples.
Could we therefore ask you to provide us with proof of your stay. Please send us a copy of your receipt, confirmation, payment voucher or something similar with your stay and name.
Please send this (scanned) in reply to this email.
Your data is protected under data protection law and will not be passed on.
Once your review is published we will inform you via email.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA
This week I received my two 70-mile credits from the two reviews I posted. I was never asked to submit any kind of verification, probably because my two reviews were recent--September and December of 2014.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Still waiting for points from my first review. What is the average time its taking folks to see points posted?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by eajusa
Still waiting for points from my first review. What is the average time its taking folks to see points posted?
It took three weeks for me.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
It took three weeks for me.
Thanks. I have to see if mine is three weeks or more old.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa
Thanks. I have to see if mine is three weeks or more old.
It's been over a month - still no points.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:18 am
Suspended

I got my points after about a month. This site/business is a joke by the way. Website is complete garbage. Whoever started that had visions of building another TripAdvisor and they have absolutely 0 chance of ever becoming that.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
My first 2 reviews posted in 5 days.

I can't find "Park Regis Auckland" so I entered it and then typed detailed review; however, I keep on getting error upon submitting it.

Anyone experienced the same problem upon review submission of a hotel not on their list?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by hightide
I can't find "Park Regis Auckland" so I entered it and then typed detailed review; however, I keep on getting error upon submitting it.

Anyone experienced the same problem upon review submission of a hotel not on their list?
Yes, don't waste your time writing a review for hotels not on their list!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:24 pm

I did a review back in January and never received 70 AA miles. I don't even remember which hotel I reviewed. I just figured this is a waste of time.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I did 3 reviews just to bump my husband's AA to a redeemable level. They posted within a couple weeks. It may help that we included photos with each review. No one questioned their authenticity.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:07 am

I did two and got two 70 mile credits to my AA account a couple of weeks later. I added specific comments for each hotel and was not asked to verify stays.
Old May 31, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Well they currently allow you to post back all the way for stays in 2013 so potentially someone could have a ton of reviews to post.
Has anyone received miles for these reviews yet?
Old May 31, 2015, 8:35 am

Some useful information:

- I started using this last month for my wife, and I, seperate accounts. We're doing old reviews since we both have a bout 100 to post. We quickly received all the miles for the first 10 reviews on each account. Their calculation was a bit off since my wife got 15x70 AA miles for 10 reviews. I got 10x70.

- The ones from this month haven't posted yet.

- I added some hotels that were not on the list and definitely got the miles for those.

- I got miles for the old reviews too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.