Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Holidaycheck.com - Earn free AA, LY, LH, AB or BT miles for posting hotel reviews

Holidaycheck.com - Earn free AA, LY, LH, AB or BT miles for posting hotel reviews

Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:10 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

I just received an email with this offer so no feedback yet if it is a good mileage-earning resource. It appears you earn 70 American miles per review, 100 Lufthansa or 150 Etihad or AirBerlin per review posted.

https://secure.holidaycheck.com/wcf/hotelreview

From the email I received:

Back from a vacation? Take your next one sooner by posting a hotel review on HolidayCheck.

For every published review, you'll earn 70 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles.

Earn up to 700 miles per month reviewing your stays in hot spots like New York, Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and the Caribbean. Help other travelers book the perfect spot, and get rewarded for sharing your experiences!

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 27, 2015 at 11:23 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Could be a way to maintain your AA miles if they are nearing expiration due to account inactivity.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: aeroplan, aadvantage, BAEC
I've given this a try, let's see if the miles post!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:29 am

Good find!

Really good find if it works. Registered with my AirBerlin TopBonus, I hope the points will post.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I've been using the site for over a year and the miles post relatively quick and without a problem (my experience is with LH).

They do have quality check and controls - you might need to show proof of a stay. Overtly negative reports (I had only one) takes a lot of time to be released.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I've been using the site for over a year and the miles post relatively quick and without a problem (my experience is with LH).

They do have quality check and controls - you might need to show proof of a stay. Overtly negative reports (I had only one) takes a lot of time to be released.
Can you register multiple accounts on the same airline? then post a review from Hotel A using acct no 1 and hotel b using account no 2 and so on
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by newstuff
I've given this a try, let's see if the miles post!
Same here.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Finally answered my own question!!! Duh!!! But I still cannot link my AA# to my account!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Jan 28, 2015 at 2:23 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Overtly negative reports (I had only one) takes a lot of time to be released.
That's pretty shady. Like they're in cahoots with the hotels.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:21 am
Suspended

These people are a pain to deal with. They asked for verification for one of my stays. Went into my Marriott account, took a snapshot of my stay (hotel name, dates, and points earned). They said they couldn't accept it because my name wasn't on it and asked for additional documentation. And I told them to take a hike and wished them luck in building their website.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 30, 2015 at 11:58 am Reason: removed masked obscenity
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by TMM1982
These people are a pain to deal with. They asked for verification for one of my stays. Went into my Marriott account, took a snapshot of my stay (hotel name, dates, and points earned). They said they couldn't accept it because my name wasn't on it and asked for additional documentation. And I told them to take a hike and wished them luck in building their website.
Wow, what a pain. I submitted two reviews and both were approved without any such bother.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 30, 2015 at 11:58 am
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:08 am

i just posted a review, no problems. it took few days to get the approval email
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by uElliots
Can you register multiple accounts on the same airline? then post a review from Hotel A using acct no 1 and hotel b using account no 2 and so on
I'm not sure I understand the question. Every time you post a review you have an option to chose which airline you want to credit to. There are limits, but it is really hard to hit them unless you are living constantly in hotels and change hotel every day.

As for verification, it seems to be at random. They accept almost anything that has the hotel name and your name. My verifications were mostly for points redemption (i.e., there was no receipt). Confirmation of booking was enough.

As for the long time for the negative review, I was surprised as well. But although it took some time, it was posted in the end. Nothing was changed in the content of the review.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:52 pm
Suspended

I'm not sure I understand the question. Every time you post a review you have an option to chose which airline you want to credit to. There are limits, but it is really hard to hit them unless you are living constantly in hotels and change hotel every day.
Your limited to 10 reviews per month that collect reward points. That being said, you could likely get away with doing 10 reviews per rewards program, as long as you use a different email for each program.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Your limited to 10 reviews per month that collect reward points. That being said, you could likely get away with doing 10 reviews per rewards program, as long as you use a different email for each program.
True - but unless you live in hotels how many months do you really have more than 10 hotels to review in a consistent manner? In the one time it happened to me, I just posted the reviews over 2 months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.