Search

Spirit Airlines miles for completing surveys - 400 for the first one

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:49 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Spirit Airlines miles for completing surveys - 400 for the first one

https://www.milesforthoughts.com/

Similar to the programs that offer United and Jetblue miles.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:16 am

I jumped on the free 8000 Spirit miles a few months back and they're about to expire in a month or so. Would completing these surveys prevent that from happening?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I have those too, looks like the only way to keep them active is to get their credit card and make a charge once a month. You do get 15000 miles for the signup and a R/T is only 5000 in 1 zone, so it seems ok if you fly naked and do not breathe for the duration of the flight. Annual fee is waived for the first year. It does say in their terms that "As long as you earn any miles within the previous three months, your miles won't expire. If you don't meet that requirement though, any miles older than three months will expire." So you would lose your 8K after 3 months if the survey miles do not post.

Surveys are always full!!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Dec 27, 2014 at 4:01 pm
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
With the other programs, first survey takes about 48 hours to post, and the rest of them will typically post instantly. Limit is usually 4-5 surveys per day across all of the Opinion Outpost programs, so if you do your 5 for United, the other ones will tell you nothing available.

And weekends and holidays tend to have fewer surveys than normal weekdays.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by sonastride
I jumped on the free 8000 Spirit miles a few months back and they're about to expire in a month or so. Would completing these surveys prevent that from happening?
Yes
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:05 pm

I was in same boat. I signed up, did the first survey for 400 miles and they posted real quick. I signed up and did the survey on Jan 9. Not exactly sure when the miles posted but, they showed up on my Spirit account real fast with a post date of Jan 9. My miles were supposed to expire Jan 13. I thought I would be too late, but was happy how fast they posted.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:43 am

I kinda like the surveys, but I wish American would do this..
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sonastride
The alternative is to spend your 8000 miles on some magazine subscriptions. I had no way of using my 8,000 miles to fly, so spent them on a year's worth of fairly decent magazines. The subscriptions have to be delivered to an address in the States, so I signed a friend up (I am UK based). I can't remember exactly which subscriptions I got, but they were fairly decent (one was definitely Time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.