Reload this Page >

Update your Starwood SPG profile and earn 500 points

Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:23 am

I got no points.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Well, this sucks. As of 31 December the points hadn't posted and today when I tried to log in, I was instructed to call customer services because of lack of activity. I did and they restored my account but the points are gone. It's only 2740 points, but if the 500 points had posted as it did for others, my account wouldn't have zeroed out. No warning at all from Starwood.
I checked my account periodically into February, but the points remained at zero, so I decided to give up on Starwood, since I no longer have the CC, they never credited me for this promotion and they closed my account and then re-opened it upon request but with no points.

Today I decided to check again on a whim and the points have been restored, with a date of 01/09/2015. Still no 500 bonus, though. I'm not sure it's worth asking about them.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:57 pm

I didn't get the points either. I emailed them, and CS agreed that they should have posted. They said they would put in a request, but the points still aren't there.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:18 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

Followed up on my earlier request about missing points through the chat service. The agent saw that my issue was marked for review but still no action.

She continued to say that to avoid further delay the 500 points would be posted "as a good will gesture" from SPG.

In 10 business days we'll know if I succeeded or not.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by hco
Followed up on my earlier request about missing points through the chat service. The agent saw that my issue was marked for review but still no action.

She continued to say that to avoid further delay the 500 points would be posted "as a good will gesture" from SPG.

Same result here. On my last call, I said I was fed up with wasting so much time for a measly 500 points and the rep said she would add them for me as a 'good will gesture'. The points posted a few days later. What kind of 'good will gesture' are they talking about? This is no favor they are granting me. They offered a method to earn points and I fulfilled the requirements. They didn't deliver on their end despite about 12 phone calls and many hours of my time. Why do they consider giving me something I earned a 'good will' gesture?

And the points posted as:
Type: CUSTOMER SVC FALL RIVER (CCS), not even as the bonus I earned legitimately.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Should we worry about having too many goodwill gesture or customer service points entries on our accounts? Sometimes hotels seem to take this step too when it's easier, for example failing to properly combine two back to back reservations at check in and then being unable to credit make a green choice points.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:18 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by hco

Posted.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Should we worry about having too many goodwill gesture or customer service points entries on our accounts? Sometimes hotels seem to take this step too when it's easier, for example failing to properly combine two back to back reservations at check in and then being unable to credit make a green choice points.
At first glance, I read this wrong. I thought you were saying don't complain about getting customer service points and I was whining about nothing. Now I read it again and I think you are saying that we should possibly be concerned that too many of these CS gestures showing up in our accounts might be a bad thing because they then may not take legitimate complaints seriously as we appear to be serial complainers? I agree with that. This shouldn't have been a goodwill gesture on their part. These were legitimately earned points but it now shows up as them doing me a 'favor' because I whined about something. Is that what you meant?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.