[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
btw... during my first call to the dealership I mentioned that someone else had filled out a form at another dealership and so I wanted to make sure my dealership had that form. I was asked whether I found this promotion online or was actually invited by American Airlines... and, I must call American Airlines to register for the promotion before coming to the dealership, once I register the dealership will receive my info electronically and can fulfill the app electronically as well. Not much of a paper trail to fall back on in 4 to 6 weeks, especially if the "concierge" got the AAdvantage # wrong.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, seems like this might, or might not, work. Hard to decide whether it's "worth it" under those circumstances. No reason I couldn't take my wife with me and each get the 7500 miles, right?

In the scheme of miles earning strategies, this one doesn't sound bad. It feels like I've driven just about every brand of car in the world (mostly with car rentals), but I can't remember ever driving a Cadillac. While it's hard to imagine actually wanting to buy one, I can't say I'd mind being "paid" to test drive one. I just want some certainty that I'll get the miles without a lot of drama.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I feel better now, more assured that the miles are going to post. Because the dealer we visited on Sunday knew nothing about the promo and told me "the system is down", I went on the Cadillac web site and did the chat. Rep found our information in "the system", confirmed the date of the test drive, and assured me that the miles will post--said they want satisfied customers who receive a good experience. He also said they would contact the dealer in question to make sure they're aware of the promo.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody remember Pudding Guy's famous post, "Test drive a Jaguar, fly to Europe!"?

I took the test drive, and got forms filled out for me, my wife, and every other member of my Household Account. 10K miles/person.

And we did fly to Europe.

I think I'll give this one a try,
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
I went ahead and called the 844 number this morning to schedule an appointment through the concierge service... 15 minute wait, someone with poor English answered the phone, I spelled out my details and was advised that the dealership will call me during the day to finalize the appointment time. I called my preferred dealership as soon as I got off the phone and they informed me they are well aware of the offer and no appointment is necessary, just stop by and drive.

In the evening I called the dealership back to make sure the people there at that hour knew what was going on. They did. I asked to see if my records were on file, and they confirmed getting my name in their system. Came in for the test drive about an hour before closing and a very enthusiastic sales manager came out and was going above and beyond what he needed to do especially after I told him I will probably not be driving out of there with a new Escalade that evening. He was very polite and pleasant. Introduced me to one of his sales people and suggested I really should take an opportunity to drive the 2015 Escalade because they don't always have them in stock and I'll be very happy I did. (I sort of suggested that since it's almost closing time and most of the electric doors on the cars inside the dealership were already turned off, I'm just happy getting a tick on my application and they can hit submit so I get the miles). But I had a pleasant drive. Love all the LED lighting on the new version of the truck, the dash is now a TV screen, which is interesting. But the drive is very similar to the Suburbans we have at work... which makes me think maybe I should have gone on a longer drive or on a highway to really see the magnetic suspension in action.

Left the dealership quite happy because they were incredibly courteous to me. Pleasant, friendly, etc. Was told that I should get an e-mail confirming my test drive and the miles should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. Won't be holding my breath for the e-mail confirmation but hoping the miles do indeed show up.
Which dealership did you go to?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigLar
Anybody remember Pudding Guy's famous post, "Test drive a Jaguar, fly to Europe!"?

I took the test drive, and got forms filled out for me, my wife, and every other member of my Household Account. 10K miles/person.

And we did fly to Europe.

I think I'll give this one a try,
I did that promo too. 10,000 x 4 = 40,000 miles for 30 minutes of work. That was a sweet promo! ^
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
I did the test drive yesterday at my local dealer, and it really was quite easy. The salesman had a lengthy computerized list of appointments, so I was able to see my name. He also gave me a printout stating what I drove.

Painless, for a quick 7,500 miles.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by wcrhkd
I did the test drive yesterday at my local dealer, and it really was quite easy. The salesman had a lengthy computerized list of appointments, so I was able to see my name. He also gave me a printout stating what I drove.

Painless, for a quick 7,500 miles.
Did you do the actual test drive?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
I did test drive an SRX. Fine car, but not for me.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Phone call w Cadillac was clunky and CSR was hard to understand. Hoping the rest of the experience is a bit more in keeping with their perception of their brand. Test drive scheduled for tomorrow at Potamkim.

I was told I will get no email confirmation or any other info and that the dealer will have all the details.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I wonder how much Cadillac paid for these miles, my guess .40. Anybody has reliable info?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I had to bring my Passat to the dealership yesterday, and, like in many towns, there are many, many dealerships in the immediate area.

Whaddayaknow, the Caddy dealership was right next door. I walked over, test drove a car, filled out the small promo form and walked back. My car wasn't even finished yet. Painless! I think my salesman printed it off the "Cadillac promotions" link on the web. He hinted that I should go to the website and fill out the required info, but then had me sit down and came back with it all printed out. You will need your AAdvantage number.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
If you find it difficult to connect with a customer service agent via phone, try using the online chat feature on the Cadillac website. That's what I did and it worked like a charm.
+1
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Which dealership did you go to?
the one you recommended in Englewood Cliffs, thank you. The sales manager John was great!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:07 am

did my test drive yesterday.

didnt fill out a form, when i asked the manager about it he said it was in the computer and he "completed" the test drive there.

hopefully i still get my miles, anyone have a link to where i can fill out the form, just looked and couldnt find it on the cadillac or the aa website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.