[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I have an appointment set up for Wednesday which I made on the Cadillac site through ChatNow. Was supposed to hear from dealer to confirm but have not heard. I'll call before heading out there just to be sure the appointment is on their files.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
has any of you completed this promo at a Northern New Jersey dealer... I reached out via chat last night to two local dealers and neither could answer if they have the promo cards at the dealership. Don't want to waste my time or theirs if nobody knows what the promo is.
When I called Cadillac I think they included the one in Mahwah and Engkewood Cliffs as a participating dealer. Englewood is my dealer of choice. They are a great dealership with wonderful service department.

But I have mine scheduled at my local dealership in 2 weeks. Hopefully they will be aware of this promotion and I won't have any problems. I plan on taking my test drive while they replace the ignition part that was recalled.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Visited the dealer around 2 p.m. today (California, Bay Area); the salesman had a blank look on his face when we mentioned the promo. He spoke with the Internet Sales Manager, who gave the impression of maybe knowing about it, but he may just have been a good actor. He said "the system" has been down since this morning. Went for a test drive in a CTS sedan b/c MrSteph58 actually sold cars years ago (including Cadillacs) and wanted to experience what they have to offer now. Wasn't impressed, didn't like the suspension, felt cramped inside, not at that price.

Anyway, they had us write down our names on a clip board and said they'd check into it when "the system" was back up. I intend to call the phone number used to sign up. The woman who took my info didn't instill a lot of confidence about getting the spelling right on names, e-mail etc. Hopefully she got our AAdvantage numbers right.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Steph58
Visited the dealer around 2 p.m. today (California, Bay Area); the salesman had a blank look on his face when we mentioned the promo. He spoke with the Internet Sales Manager, who gave the impression of maybe knowing about it, but he may just have been a good actor. He said "the system" has been down since this morning. Went for a test drive in a CTS sedan b/c MrSteph58 actually sold cars years ago (including Cadillacs) and wanted to experience what they have to offer now. Wasn't impressed, didn't like the suspension, felt cramped inside, not at that price.

Anyway, they had us write down our names on a clip board and said they'd check into it when "the system" was back up. I intend to call the phone number used to sign up. The woman who took my info didn't instill a lot of confidence about getting the spelling right on names, e-mail etc. Hopefully she got our AAdvantage numbers right.
IME, that bodes very poorly.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
If you find it difficult to connect with a customer service agent via phone, try using the online chat feature on the Cadillac website. That's what I did and it worked like a charm.

I set my appointment, went to my local Cadillac dealership this morning and had a nice conversation with a very professional sales rep. I didn't even need to test drive the car but I did sit in about 4 different models on the showroom.

I filled out a form, got his card and was on my way 20 minutes later. Nice and easy if the miles post 4-6 weeks from now like they should. ^
MA, which dealership did you use in the Dulles area?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:30 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
MA, which dealership did you use in the Dulles area?
Moore Cadillac in Chantilly. They knew of my appointment and had the proper form to fill out.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:08 am

I called in last week and scheduled 3 test drives for my parents and myself. I gave preferred times and was told the dealership would call to either confirm the time or reschedule. The first "preferred time" was Friday night, but my dad did not receive a call. The other two are supposed to be today, so I will be calling to make sure they have my information at the dealership
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Moore Cadillac in Chantilly. They knew of my appointment and had the proper form to fill out.
Crap is that the on off Rt 50?

if so, I drove by that twice yesterday; I told my son on the way home, we should stop in and get 7500 miles
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:22 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by vertosman
American Airlines is tarnishing their good name
This made me laugh. A lot.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Waaaaaaay too much hassle for 7,500 miles. Unless of course you are actually in the market for a Cadillac.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Waaaaaaay too much hassle for 7,500 miles. Unless of course you are actually in the market for a Cadillac.
I figure it is 7,500 miles for an hour's worth of work. And test driving cars is always fun.

Question is how to get my 6 year old's test drive validated haha.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Phasers
I figure it is 7,500 miles for an hour's worth of work. And test driving cars is always fun.

Question is how to get my 6 year old's test drive validated haha.
I figured I'd fly all day to get this not too mention pay a couple hundred bucks so why not do a quick TD for 7500 miles
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Went in, total of 20 minutes with test drive of new ATS. I felt out of place, because I'm 24 and probably didn't look like I was actually shopping for a Cadillac. But had a nice gentleman take me on a short 10 minute test drive, took down my information, and said I should have the miles in 4-6 weeks.

They didn't ID me, I wonder if I could do it for my dad
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
we test drove the ats. it's a nice car. the salesperson said that we were "in the computer". I think we might need to follow up to verify.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by billybligh
we test drove the ats. it's a nice car. the salesperson said that we were "in the computer". I think we might need to follow up to verify.

I went ahead and called the 844 number this morning to schedule an appointment through the concierge service... 15 minute wait, someone with poor English answered the phone, I spelled out my details and was advised that the dealership will call me during the day to finalize the appointment time. I called my preferred dealership as soon as I got off the phone and they informed me they are well aware of the offer and no appointment is necessary, just stop by and drive.

In the evening I called the dealership back to make sure the people there at that hour knew what was going on. They did. I asked to see if my records were on file, and they confirmed getting my name in their system. Came in for the test drive about an hour before closing and a very enthusiastic sales manager came out and was going above and beyond what he needed to do especially after I told him I will probably not be driving out of there with a new Escalade that evening. He was very polite and pleasant. Introduced me to one of his sales people and suggested I really should take an opportunity to drive the 2015 Escalade because they don't always have them in stock and I'll be very happy I did. (I sort of suggested that since it's almost closing time and most of the electric doors on the cars inside the dealership were already turned off, I'm just happy getting a tick on my application and they can hit submit so I get the miles). But I had a pleasant drive. Love all the LED lighting on the new version of the truck, the dash is now a TV screen, which is interesting. But the drive is very similar to the Suburbans we have at work... which makes me think maybe I should have gone on a longer drive or on a highway to really see the magnetic suspension in action.

Left the dealership quite happy because they were incredibly courteous to me. Pleasant, friendly, etc. Was told that I should get an e-mail confirming my test drive and the miles should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. Won't be holding my breath for the e-mail confirmation but hoping the miles do indeed show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.