Wiki Posts
Search

[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

[New for 12/2015 - TARGETED] 7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

Contact a Cadillac Concierge today at 844-469-2234 to schedule an appointment and participate in this exclusive limited time offer. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your AAdvantage miles.

More info here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aad-cadillac-offer.jsp
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

If you find it difficult to connect with a customer service agent via phone, try using the online chat feature on the Cadillac website. That's what I did and it worked like a charm.

I set my appointment, went to my local Cadillac dealership this morning and had a nice conversation with a very professional sales rep. I didn't even need to test drive the car but I did sit in about 4 different models on the showroom.

I filled out a form, got his card and was on my way 20 minutes later. Nice and easy if the miles post 4-6 weeks from now like they should. ^

Last edited by MileageAddict; Oct 18, 2014 at 10:05 pm
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
7,500 AA miles for test driving a Cadillac

I gave them a call, scheduled my apt for Monday. Hopefully it is a painless process!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:02 pm

The guy we met with didn't know anything about the promotion. What was on the form you filled out? He did give us his card and said he would found out more information.

Last edited by lunchclerk; Oct 18, 2014 at 4:15 pm
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:43 pm

I made an appointment for this a few days ago. I showed up for my appointment today, and the dealership (McCaddon in Boulder) had no record of it, nor did they have any knowledge of the promotion. Nor did they care.

I contacted the online chat people and they told me to contact the dealer. I told them I was just at the dealer, and they disconnected the chat.

TERRIBLE promotion. I would never buy a Cadillac based upon this experience. If they can't even figure out how to run a simple promotion, I'm guessing the cars aren't all the wonderful either.

I'm disappointed that American Airlines is tarnishing their good name by teaming up with Cadillac.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Interesting...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lunchclerk
The guy we met with didn't know anything about the promotion. What was on the form you filled out?
It was a two-sided official form about the promo. The front was basic info such as AAdvantage account number, name address, etc. The top half of the back was questions about what type of car I test drove, when am I looking to buy, etc. The bottom half of the back side were the instructions for the delaership to process the mileage claim.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:00 pm

Thanks for posting this offer.

Why can't Cadillac just do the Lexus offer which offered a free $60 Visa prepaid card?
When I stopped my local Lexus dealer(same dealer that I bought my previous Lexus
from, I was surprised that they now have a full kitchen in the customer waiting lounge.
A cook prepares hot snacks for customers waiting for service on their Lexus. I had a
3-egg omelette with mushrooms and Swiss cheese, as well as some Nova Scotia smoked
salmon. Why was I eating? The Lexus salesperson was with another customer on a test
drive so she had me wait. She said I could just take the test drive by myself, but why
would I want to test drive by myself when I can be accompanied by a hot ....?

Back to Cadillac, I would rather have $60 Visa prepaid card as opposed to 7500 miles,
but who am I to turn down free miles? Going to call them and get an appt tomorrow.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:21 pm

according to Cadillac and/or American this offer is worth $221

sure seems like a lot less effort than AAdvantage Dining $40x10 for 10,000 miles (or the current Delta 7,500 miles for $40x10 dines.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: UR, United MP, AAdvantage
I contacted Cadillac about this promo via chat on 10/16, asked to setup appointment on 10/18, they took my AAdvantage # and other contact info, said great, dealer will contact you. Dealer never contacted me. I'll head to the dealer tomorrow and see what's up. 7,500 miles is pretty much exactly the top-off I need to ensure the award ticket I'm after, so this would be pretty big for me.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by A_Reed

Why can't Cadillac just do the Lexus offer which offered a free $60 Visa prepaid card?
When I stopped my local Lexus dealer(same dealer that I bought my previous Lexus
from, I was surprised that they now have a full kitchen in the customer waiting lounge.
A cook prepares hot snacks for customers waiting for service on their Lexus. I had a
3-egg omelette with mushrooms and Swiss cheese, as well as some Nova Scotia smoked
salmon. Why was I eating? The Lexus salesperson was with another customer on a test
drive so she had me wait. She said I could just take the test drive by myself, but why

Back to Cadillac, I would rather have $60 Visa prepaid card as opposed to 7500 miles,
but who am I to turn down free miles? Going to call them and get an appt tomorrow.
About 6 months ago they did have a similar offer. But Cadillac's was better.
It was $100 visa gift card.

By the way I absolutely love my CTS. Best car I have ever owned.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:16 am

We showed up for our test drives yesterday. The dealer assumed we only wanted the miles, said he'd punch our cards and didn't even want to let us drive the cars. That worked for me but car-obsessed husband insisted and then he barely got to take it two blocks. He said the CTS was great but he left very disappointed with the dealer experience.

We own a BMW 335 is (I think) and my husband is the kind of car buyer I would think Cadillac would want. Ironically he was pretty turned off and thought it was another indication of the problems at GM.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Looks like I'll have to follow up then, I completed my dealer visit and test drive on Thursday but got no form even when I asked if there was anything I needed to fill out. Service was terrible though, based on this experience I certainly wouldn't buy a Cadillac. Salesman had no knowledge of his own product let alone any competitors vehicles, ATS was ok but couldn't make up for the dealer...I get why GM has/had so many problems now.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:51 am

has any of you completed this promo at a Northern New Jersey dealer... I reached out via chat last night to two local dealers and neither could answer if they have the promo cards at the dealership. Don't want to waste my time or theirs if nobody knows what the promo is.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by A_Reed

Cadillac did a $100 GC promo on test drives recently with a 50/50 cost split covered by factory and local dealers. Perhaps they're comparing GC vs points promos to see which draws in more customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.